Curtis Harper
Joe Rondi
Luke Benson
Adrian Cole
Cooper Lutz
Sharod Johnson
Chase Atkinson
Ben Labrosse

14 if you don’t count shear or labrosse.

Just an FYI

Could be nothing, probably is but Justin Barron tweeted a support to LaBrosse entering the portal earlier

This stuff seems to snowball, and right now, we snowballin'.

14 if you don’t count shear or labrosse.

For all the talk about how the kids who are leaving aren't really that good, I count a dozen guys who I think would have been in the 2 deep next year (and frankly, were in the rotation this year).

For all the talk about how the kids who are leaving aren't really that good, I count a dozen guys who I think would have been in the 2 deep next year (and frankly, were in the rotation this year).

Can’t have a bunch of developmental players leaving when you’re a developmental program.

Arku, Harper, Cole, Lutz, Benson, Johnson were part time starters and #1 or #2 on the depth chart depending the week. Labrosse was the starter when he quit football. That’s a lot of quality experience to lose and think it’s no big deal. It’s a big deal just from a practice standpoint and raising the competition level, as well as protecting your depth.

Can’t have a bunch of developmental players leaving when you’re a developmental program.

Arku, Harper, Cole, Lutz, Benson, Johnson were part time starters and #1 or #2 on the depth chart depending the week. Labrosse was the starter when he quit football. That’s a lot of quality experience to lose and think it’s no big deal. It’s a big deal just from a practice standpoint and raising the competition level, as well as protecting your depth.

Not if we replace them which is easier than replacing studs who seem to be leaving a lot of schools.

Do these people that put out portal numbers tweets have actual access to the portal? I totally don’t get Shear. Is he actually and officially in the portal? We were his 3rd school, he hasn’t been on the field for 4 years and he was here for a minute and I thought he was giving up football. I would think if he did go to another school he’d have to sit out a season since he already used his one portal transfer.

Do these people that put out portal numbers tweets have actual access to the portal? I totally don’t get Shear. Is he actually and officially in the portal? We were his 3rd school, he hasn’t been on the field for 4 years and he was here for a minute and I thought was giving up football. I would think if he did go to another school he’d have to sit out a season since he already used his one portal transfer.
Bees don't blow this for us!

Really? We have a whole slew of players going in to the portal that largely might have never seen the field. He’s not just taking players over the years to have numbers? So are you saying the staff is just horrible at identifying talent?

They’re either poor talent evaluators and guys aren’t panning out or they’re poor recruiters of good players and then filling up the roster with whomever they can get. One or the other.
I'm talking about the incoming class. He could have just grabbed another 10 guys to get the numbers up-He's trying to hold out for quality guys. I'm not convinced he'll get them, but he's not just taking anybody to fill these spots...at least not yet.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the incoming class. He could have just grabbed another 10 guys to get the numbers up-He's trying to hold out for quality guys. I'm not convinced he'll get them, but he's not just taking anybody to fill these spots...at least not yet.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but it’s still early in the process.

We'll see. History says we'll continue to grab random HS kids up through the 2nd signing day and sometimes all the way til the Summer. Then we all say they fell through the cracks for this or that reason and that everyone else overlooked them. Then those kids enter the portal after a year or 2 of doing nothing and we all say it's no big deal they are leaving. Circle of life.

Maybe you're thinking of Cole or Atkinson?

Of course, the day is still young. :rolleyes:
Yes. It was Adrian Cole I was thinking of. Whew, I'm glad I like Hanna. Is already good and will get better.

I was looking over the portal today. So many players.
I know there are players that will not want to come to SU but with so many players we have a decent chance to not only fill open spots but upgrade positions. Maybe not with former 5 or high 4 star players but with very good players to elevate the program.
Even though we are winning the portal cup could be a big benefit in the end. Probably will not know until players enroll for spring.

I was looking over the portal today. So many players.
I know there are players that will not want to come to SU but with so many players we have a decent chance to not only fill open spots but upgrade positions. Maybe not with former 5 or high 4 star players but with very good players to elevate the program.
Even though we are winning the portal cup could be a big benefit in the end. Probably will not know until players enroll for spring.

They have to work harder at it, that's for sure. What do we have, about 20 - 25 open positions on the roster right now, after this stellar 10 player class?

Wouldn’t be surprised if Downs from UNC and possibly Gibbs from GT are at Bama next year. They already brought Ricks in from LSU. Boutte from LSU is rumored to want to transfer over. Saban is making the portal a big part of his roster management.

Dino, or whoever our coach is in 12 months, should do the same. We aren’t landing much talent from high school so just restructure our recruiting efforts so we place a big emphasis on scouting and targeting transfers. It’s the quickest way to get substantially better. Just look at Michigan St. this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom