The ACC Better Send Syracuse A Xmas Gift | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The ACC Better Send Syracuse A Xmas Gift

The ACC is not even close to what we used to play in. It's like high school games we will be playing in compared to what we used to play in.

Well, if you don't like it here...you can always go join UConn or Georgetown. Or we can invite them to join us here.

image.jpg
I'd still like to hear cusetown's thoughts on the empty seats...

itsbotime said:
Win a couple of national titles before you start talking smack on the rest of the league. UNC and Duke have 9 to your 1, and 3 since you won your only NT. I think the ACC is gonna be alright.

Hint: it's an SU board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

itsbotime said:
Welcome to the ACC. I hope during your time here you will take some time to read up on the sport of basketball. Your fanbase seems to be very knowledgeable, but it is clear that you personally have a lot to learn.

Hint: he's an SU poster posting on an SU board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Love ya Anomander but posts like this give me the shivers. Lets play out at least the first month of the ACC before we start thumping our chests. I have watched to many SU bball teams start out 16, 17, 18, 19 etc and 0 and then hit a 4 game swoon in conference play. We have a really good team but we also have our flaws, games with Duke and UNC when there at full strength will be a war.

Love ya Anomander but posts like this give me the shivers. Lets play out at least the first month of the ACC before we start thumping our chests. I have watched to many SU bball teams start out 16, 17, 18, 19 etc and 0 and then hit a 4 game swoon in conference play. We have a really good team but we also have our flaws, games with Duke and UNC when there at full strength will be a war.

This wasn't really meant to be about us. It's more of how bad the rest of the ACC is. 1 part of the season is complete and you really can't say who the 4th best team in the conference is. If we have a bad conference record in this mess of a league I will be shocked. This isn't even close to the Big East of the past decade. I mean there are some bad bad teams in this league.

This moron is really talking about empty seats about a school ranked #1 or #2 in attendance each year? What the hell.

I mean there are some bad things to say about Syracuse but that one does not make any sense to bring up at all.

I'm not even going to sugar coat it. I will root for Duke, Unc and to lose every game especially this year, so we can get buffalo and msg. It's a marathon to get the garden and we are in the lead at the quarter pole by a solid margin. We beat nova ,and win two out of the three against unc and duke the garden is ours. I hope UCLA beats duke and sends their 72 RPI to 82. I am sick and tired of watching two schools dominate this league throughout my teens and twenties. Yeah, Syracuse is the new kid on the block and maybe we're not quite a blue blood, but Syracuse isn't entering the ACC to bow down to Duke and Carolina. Syracuse is legitimately going to have the talent to compete for the ACC title every year, and so will our friends Louisville when they join.

Well, if you don't like it here...you can always go join UConn or Georgetown. Or we can invite them to join us here.
Please...PLEASE...bring G-town.
The Orange could go undefeated and there still would be a gaping hole without them to HATE and LAMBASTE!

UCan't would be a useful diversion.
Duke & UNC have each other.
But we are left adrift...desperately trying to keep hate alive!

We are basically the only school helping the ACC save face in what was supposed to be an all time great conference. UNC is awful. Duke is over rated, and there is nobody else after them. Oh wait there is Clemson and Wake helping to carry the mantel. What a total let down. Thankfully Louisville comes next year
Add to this Virginia is not quite what ppl thought either. Think is, we aren't as good as it appears now and Duke is still pretty good. UNC , injuries and off the court stuff is going to negate their talent to some degree.

The reason why you see empty seats in the Carrier dome is due to the fact that there is so many seats available, the urgency to get tickets, especially for non-name games is very low. At schools like Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas, you have to fork out thousands for season tickets, or get lucky to get tickets for a game or two. At Syracuse, you can walk up for pretty much any game but one where they're trying to break the record, and still get a ticket. What this does is create various tiers of attendence for games. Syracuse usually draws 5-10k preseason (lemoyne), 15-20k non conference cupcakes (highpoint), 20-25k in conference lesser teams(rutgers, seton hall), and 25-30k+ marquee/rivaly games (Uconn/georgetown).

^

My apologies for misinterpreting the OP. However...it is only December. Still cupcake season. March/April is what matters. If Cuse finishes atop the ACC in the standings and advances the furthest in the tourney, he'd have a valid argument. But damn, we haven't even reached conference play yet and this chest beating is going on. A lot of basketball to be played. Smack is best talked after games are won, not beforehand.

You want history? As I see it Cuse and Louisville were the last ACC teams in the Final Four...I think we've earned the right to critique this year. It isn't like Cuse is a nobody team without history...how many ACC teams have had 44 straight winning seasons?

BTW I'd take Nova or GTown (even SJU) in an instant to get to 16 teams

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom