The ACC Better Send Syracuse A Xmas Gift | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The ACC Better Send Syracuse A Xmas Gift

Win a couple of national titles before you start talking smack on the rest of the league. UNC and Duke have 9 to your 1, and 3 since you won your only NT. I think the ACC is gonna be alright.
You sound like a Yankee fan

Cusetown, love the pics, but doesn't change the fact that you are calling other schools out for "empty seats" when your own school only fills up 2/3rds of its arena, on average. Of course, if percentage of seats filled was all that mattered, I suppose more schools could go the Duke route and play in glorified high school gyms.

Cusetown, love the pics, but doesn't change the fact that you are calling other schools out for "empty seats" when your own school only fills up 2/3rds of its arena, on average. Of course, if percentage of seats filled was all that mattered, I suppose more schools could go the Duke route and play in glorified high school gyms.
Huh? Cuse is going to be #1 in attendance this year.

No one in the ACC really played anyone aside from UNC and Duke. Cuse's toughest game was #18 Baylor, which was a good win. Hard to get a lot of marquee wins when the majority of the conference is afraid to schedule top teams, though.
Well if you aren't going to schedule marquee programs. Beat the crappy ones. I'm not concerned though. Syracuse is 10-0 we keep this up we're a one seed regardless. And that's the only reason I would care about our rpi.

^

My apologies for misinterpreting the OP. However...it is only December. Still cupcake season. March/April is what matters. If Cuse finishes atop the ACC in the standings and advances the furthest in the tourney, he'd have a valid argument. But damn, we haven't even reached conference play yet and this chest beating is going on. A lot of basketball to be played. Smack is best talked after games are won, not beforehand.

The only problem is the OOC schedule has a big impact on tournament seedings, and the ACC overall has underperformed. It's going to hurt at bid time. It's a fair point to make, although he could have been less provocative about it.

Dude, apples and oranges!!!!! SU plays in the Carrier Dome with a capacity of 30K plus...2/3 of that is 20K plus. Tell me that other schools wouldn't love to have that problem...Now please go back to where you came...

Things are not good in Tarheel land...tweet from the Carolina game last night...

@CB_ChrisMoore: Yo, the amount of angry fans in this building is actually making me uncomfortable.

ya we are more then half way through December the non conference schedule is basically done. there really aren't any matchups of significance left. my point is from here on out the acc will just beat up on each other. what does that prove bad teams can beat up on bad teams?
and when these bad teams start beating Syracuse...you will now have your talking point as youve just laid the floor.

added an altar.

a podium.

and placed the crown upon Syracuses head.

all before the 1st day of winter.

lovely.

Itsbotime;

The last 10,000 seats in the Dome are pretty bad. Remember, this is a court set up at one end of a football field. Having the basketball court where it is was never part of the design of the Dome. So it needs to be a special game to get people to but these seats, especially the last 3,000 or 4,000.

So your criticism of crowd size is kind of unfair.

Man I miss all of the good threads.

I have watched UNC play probably 6 times this year already. Royboy needs to get these boys motivated to play. They were against Ville, Kentucky and others but they have looked so lethargic against the weaker teams. McAdoo may be the worst free throw shooter since Shaq. Shut down their PG and they have nothing.

I don't see how UNC gets less than a 4/5 seed. They're a marquee program and will beat up the non-Syracuse/Duke's of the ACC.
Duke gets blown by the committee every year which is why i've completely changed my tune of conference allegience and will root against them in 99.9% of the games they play.
The rest of the league is hot garbage.

We are basically the only school helping the ACC save face in what was supposed to be an all time great conference. UNC is awful. Duke is over rated, and there is nobody else after them. Oh wait there is Clemson and Wake helping to carry the mantel. What a total let down. Thankfully Louisville comes next year

Parker on Duke is terrific. He's a lot like Carmelo Anthony. I still think Duke will be a final four team.

Itsbotime;

The last 10,000 seats in the Dome are pretty bad. Remember, this is a court set up at one end of a football field. Having the basketball court where it is was never part of the design of the Dome. So it needs to be a special game to get people to but these seats, especially the last 3,000 or 4,000.

So your criticism of crowd size is kind of unfair.

I'm not the one who brought up empty seats. Cusetown would have been better served bringing up overall attendance.

I'm not the one who brought up empty seats. Cusetown would have been better served bringing up overall attendance.
image.jpg

Also yeah, common knowledge, Duke and UNC have shi--y fair weather fans.

I'm a Cuse guy, and I'd tread lightly on the "we're only talking about this year who cares what UNC/Duke did 20 years ago" line of thought. Our football team was significantly worse than clunkers like Rutgers and Uconn for a good stretch of the 00's, and if you talk to their fans they keep vomiting up these tired arguments like "Why is Cuse football a better brand than ours the past 10 years we've been better!" I don't have to tell the audience here why Cuse (and Pitt) football are on higher levels than those two, but history is a big part of the answer. So even if the traditional ACC b-ball schools like UNC, Duke, Wake, GT are having down years, I kinda hear their fans argument about our sole NC as reason why we shouldn't act like we own the league right away.

We are basically the only school helping the ACC save face in what was supposed to be an all time great conference. UNC is awful. Duke is over rated, and there is nobody else after them. Oh wait there is Clemson and Wake helping to carry the mantel. What a total let down. Thankfully Louisville comes next year
the fact of the matter is, despite its struggles, the ACC is currently the 2nd ranked conference in the land
rbk5.jpg

and nearly half of its teams - SU, Pitt, UNC,Duke, Virginia, Florida St. and Clemson - currently are in the Pomeroy Top 35 and own Pomeroy ratings higher than the B1G average

I'm a Cuse guy, and I'd tread lightly on the "we're only talking about this year who cares what UNC/Duke did 20 years ago" line of thought. Our football team was significantly worse than clunkers like Rutgers and Uconn for a good stretch of the 00's, and if you talk to their fans they keep vomiting up these tired arguments like "Why is Cuse football a better brand than ours the past 10 years we've been better!" I don't have to tell the audience here why Cuse (and Pitt) football are on higher levels than those two, but history is a big part of the answer. So even if the traditional ACC b-ball schools like UNC, Duke, Wake, GT are having down years, I kinda hear their fans argument about our sole NC as reason why we shouldn't act like we own the league right away.

To quote the redheaded kid with the low voice(Stuart Dooley) who is known for only uttering a few syllables, "That took courage". As much as I hate these conference shifts and our participation in them, I have tremendous respect for the history of the ACC and wouldnt be shocked to see it back to it's former glory all around, and not just centered on a few teams.

That said, if everyone is correct about how pathetic it is this year, the thread title's request has already been met by the record we should have at the end of the regular season. That'd be one heck of a present, how could we ask for more. Are we ingrates? But can we at least beat someone first before beating our chests? Projections are one thing, but wins and losses are another. That's why we play the games.

the fact of the matter is, despite its struggles, the ACC is currently the 2nd ranked conference in the land
rbk5.jpg

and nearly half of its teams - SU, Pitt, UNC,Duke, Virginia, Florida St. and Clemson - currently are in the Pomeroy Top 35 and own Pomeroy ratings higher than the B1G average

I guess I didn't realize how bad college basketball has got. Look at the SEC wow.

I still don't see what conference wins will be counted as "good wins" when tournament selection comes around. Duke, and UNC, then who?

and when these bad teams start beating Syracuse...you will now have your talking point as youve just laid the floor.

added an altar.

a podium.

and placed the crown upon Syracuses head.

all before the 1st day of winter.

lovely.

If we finish lower then 3rd in this conference we will deserve to be criticized. I just can't see it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom