The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread

If today was audition day, Jeff Brohm is winning so far. Fleck not doing so bad either.

The Miami interim coach is looking good again, smoking Pitt today. Not on our radar but doing a great job since Golden got canned. Shows the players wanted Al gone.

djorange1989 said:
The Miami interim coach is looking good again, smoking Pitt today. Not on our radar but doing a great job since Golden got canned. Shows the players wanted Al gone.

I liked the Houston offense today. But you need the right QB to run it.

Western Michigan player taken off on stretcher. Crack back block, helmet to helmet targeting.

Western Michigan player taken off on stretcher. Crack back block, helmet to helmet targeting.

Ugh,might be my imagination but I feel like I see more attempts at taking players heads off than even a few years ago

Regarding Frost.
Any chance if he is the man, that he can flip some kids who have a verbal to Oregon?

Regarding Frost.
Any chance if he is the man, that he can flip some kids who have a verbal to Oregon?
I would certainly hope not. Don't bite the hand that has been feeding you.

id hope any uncommitted oregon players he would ask them to consider joining the orange

I would certainly hope not. Don't bite the hand that has been feeding you.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean...or is it just flying over my head? Can you explain?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean...or is it just flying over my head? Can you explain?

I assume Cuseter means don't poach a kid from your former employer. I don't agree but it is a noble sentiment. Except there is no room for that in college sports ;)

I assume Cuseter means don't poach a kid from your former employer. I don't agree but it is a noble sentiment. Except there is no room for that in college sports ;)
Yeah, I think we've learned that nice guys finish last. Time for a new approach. This is a dog eat dog business, and Oregon is gonna be wearing milkbone underwear!

if its someone frost is specically recruited or recruiting its fair game

Would you all be alright with HCSS taking Lindsay Scott and Moe Neal to his next job, where ever that might be? Myself,I wouldn't do it.

Cusester said:
Would you all be alright with HCSS taking Lindsay Scott and Moe Neal to his next job, where ever that might be? Myself,I wouldn't do it.

Wouldn't like it - but I'd understand it.

Regarding Frost.

was hoping the same. also... same with Eddie O, if we go that way. LSU commits might give us a look with Miles gone. not many, obviously, but a couple?

was hoping the same. also... same with Eddie O, if we go that way. LSU commits might give us a look with Miles gone. not many, obviously, but a couple?

If a kid decommits, fair game. If a kid hasn't committed yet, fair game. Going after kids committed at other schools, fair game.

It's definitely not classy to try to flip kids from the school you just left. And I doubt Frost would try that because it's a great way to burn some bridges.

As indicated by the fact that we are on page 47, this topic is of great interest. And, of course, given that length, it has been all over the place and has gone off on several tangents.

I'd like to try to organize and synthesize the options available--not by name, but by qualifications/background of candidates.

1. Up-and-coming coordinators (probably OC's in our case).
  2. HC's at non-P 5 schools.
  3. "Retreads".
  4. Internal candidates.
Obviously, #4 is out.

But which of the other options is best for this program right now?

Maybe I missed it along the way in this thread, but what about Harsin? You know, the guy Coyle liked more than Frost. Is it considered poor form for a former AD to hire his coach from his prior job? I realize Harsin is from Boise as well as an alum, but why is his name not even mentioned?
Harsin's five-year contract is valued at $6.5 million. He will be paid a salary of $1 million each of the first two years, with subsequent raises of $1.3 million, $1.55 million and $1.65 million in the final year.

Maybe I missed it along the way in this thread, but what about Harsin? You know, the guy Coyle liked more than Frost. Is it considered poor form for a former AD to hire his coach from his prior job? I realize Harsin is from Boise as well as an alum, but why is his name not even mentioned?
Harsin's five-year contract is valued at $6.5 million. He will be paid a salary of $1 million each of the first two years, with subsequent raises of $1.3 million, $1.55 million and $1.65 million in the final year.
He just earned a 1.85m (at least) extension today per reports for getting 8 wins

Which shows whomever Coyle hires, will likely have a lot of incentive perks built into their contract

He just earned a 1.85m (at least) extension today per reports for getting 8 wins

Which shows whomever Coyle hires, will likely have a lot of incentive perks built into their contract
So, in this case, Coyle would need to negotiate against himself...

Which makes complete sense. All coaching contracts should have heavy performance-based incentives in their contracts.