The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread

WVU took the thing that made them good and unique in the BE and joined a conference that all play that same way.

They are probably happily stuck at middle of the road B12.

Orangejet said:
Here are my choices and I would be happy with either: 1) Frost HC Orgeron AHC/DC 2) Orgeron HC Warner/OC

No way Frost brings an OC that is not familiar with the Oregon style offense.

Here are my choices and I would be happy with either:
1) Frost HC Orgeron AHC/DC
2) Orgeron HC Warner/OC

A lot of people would lose their minds, and not in a good way, with your second choice.

Defensive HC, pro-style offense.

Warner was a position coach until three years ago, and he is co-coordinator, and not even the QB coach.

No way Frost brings an OC that is not familiar with the Oregon style offense.

I would guess that Frost would be his own OC or he would bring in someone familiar with the system that he runs. A QB coach that might be ready to step up and be groomed to be OC under his tutelage. Kind of like Marrone and Hackett.

A lot of people would lose their minds, and not in a good way, with your second choice.

Defensive HC, pro-style offense.

Warner was a position coach until three years ago, and he is co-coordinator, and not even the QB coach.
Who would be a good OC choice in your opinion with EO?

"**Syracuse athletic director Mark Coyle has an interesting decision on his hands as well. Despite Syracuse's unique gameday atmosphere at the Carrier Dome and a rich football tradition, it is largely viewed as a bad power five gig. Notre Dame offensive coordinator Mike Sanford is one of the rising stars in the coaching profession and could be just the guy to get the program heading in the right direction."

I haven't read all 46 pages of this thread so if this has already been posted I apologize. It's a story posted yesterday on two four seven sports, not allowed to post the link here

Who would be a good OC choice in your opinion with EO?

John Reagan would be a very good choice. B12/Texas football background. Excellent job at Penn this year. Spread coordinator with strong run game background.

If not him a QB coach from Baylor or TT or similar.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/qg2p3o5

How will the coaching dominos fall?

"**At Maryland, things are getting interesting as names like D.J. Durkin and Mike Leach started to emerge on Wednesday. With Dan Mullen likely looking to get out of Starkville alongside Dak Prescott, we'll call this Mullen's landing spot. If that happens, Mississippi State could backfill with Cal's Sonny Dykes and his staff of southerners looking to head back home. Is Cal then the job that Scott Frost has been waiting for? The Bears have been recruiting the kind of skill talent to keep scoring points under Frost."

http://preview.tinyurl.com/qg2p3o5

How will the coaching dominos fall?

"**At Maryland, things are getting interesting as names like D.J. Durkin and Mike Leach started to emerge on Wednesday. With Dan Mullen likely looking to get out of Starkville alongside Dak Prescott, we'll call this Mullen's landing spot. If that happens, Mississippi State could backfill with Cal's Sonny Dykes and his staff of southerners looking to head back home. Is Cal then the job that Scott Frost has been waiting for? The Bears have been recruiting the kind of skill talent to keep scoring points under Frost."
Very interesting? If Mullen is looking to leave MSU, why not give the Cuse a look?

Somebody may have done this already but I thought it would be interesting to look at the Power 5 coaches who didn't have head coaching experience before their current jobs. I believe I have everyone on the list. Note: Bill Snyder didn't have experience the first time he started at Kansas State but obviously did the second time so he's not on the list. Jim Mora Jr didn't have college experience but did have pro head coaching experience with the Falcons and Seahawks.

My preference is to get a guy with head coaching experience but I just thought it would be interesting to look at the varying degrees of success. Many of these guys have turned our really successful (but with more resources than Syracuse can probably provide) while some are still to be determined... and Kyle Flood.

David Beaty, Kansas

Derek Mason, Vanderbilt

Pat Narduzzi, Pittsburgh

Kevin Wilson, Indiana

Mark Stoops, Kentucky

Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech

Kyle Flood, Rutgers

Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern

Dan Mullen, Mississippi State

Kyle Whittingham, Utah

Bronco Mendenhall, BYU

Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

Gary Patterson, TCU

Jimbo Fisher,Florida State

Mark Helfrich, Oregon

David Shaw, Stanford

Dabo Swinney, Clemson

Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State

Somebody may have done this already but I thought it would be interesting to look at the Power 5 coaches who didn't have head coaching experience before their current jobs. I believe I have everyone on the list. Note: Bill Snyder didn't have experience the first time he started at Kansas State but obviously did the second time so he's not on the list. Jim Mora Jr didn't have college experience but did have pro head coaching experience with the Falcons and Seahawks.

My preference is to get a guy with head coaching experience but I just thought it would be interesting to look at the varying degrees of success. Many of these guys have turned our really successful (but with more resources than Syracuse can probably provide) while some are still to be determined... and Kyle Flood.

David Beaty, Kansas

Derek Mason, Vanderbilt

Pat Narduzzi, Pittsburgh

Kevin Wilson, Indiana

Mark Stoops, Kentucky

Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech

Kyle Flood, Rutgers

Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern

Dan Mullen, Mississippi State

Kyle Whittingham, Utah

Bronco Mendenhall, BYU

Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

Gary Patterson, TCU

Jimbo Fisher,Florida State

Mark Helfrich, Oregon

David Shaw, Stanford

Dabo Swinney, Clemson

Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State

Good work.

TheCusian said:
WVU took the thing that made them good and unique in the BE and joined a conference that all play that same way. They are probably happily stuck at middle of the road B12.

I don't think they went there by choice.

They'd give their right tooth to be in the ACC.

Very interesting? If Mullen is looking to leave MSU, why not give the Cuse a look?
I would love Mullen I think he is a very good coach. he is just in a conference that has 3 or 4 better coaches. If he came to Cuse he would be in the top 3 behind Fisher, Dabo in the ACC

John Reagan would be a very good choice. B12/Texas football background. Excellent job at Penn this year. Spread coordinator with strong run game background.

If not him a QB coach from Baylor or TT or similar.
Reagan would be a home run.

If today was audition day, Jeff Brohm is winning so far. Fleck not doing so bad either.

If today was audition day, Jeff Brohm is winning so far. Fleck not doing so bad either.
It would have to be an amazing performance by a coach at this point. Got to believe Coyle had list made up awhile ago, if that list fall through then sure today will help.

Syracuse will always be a stepping stone job. We'll never offer the most money. That shouldnt be a negative.