The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 133 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

research accreditation and membership. it maybe a credential--but it translates into dollars and prestige at the university level. by the way, the law school has been lacking for several years.

SU's law school is ranked in the top 100 (86th the same as Penn State) and ahead of Rutgers#92, Michigan St#100. I do agree that we should shoot higher though.

Syracuse University moves into top tier of research universities

Syracuse University has moved into the top tier for research among doctoral universities across the country.

SU moved from the second-tier in 2010 to the top tier for 2015, according to recently published findings of the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.

The classifications, which are issued twice a decade, placed SU in the highest research category, according to an SU news release.

The classifications are based on research activity data that Carnegie compares among doctoral programs. The criteria they look at include research and development expenditures, research staff and the number of doctoral degrees conferred.

SU was one of 15 universities nationwide to move from the second tier to the top tier from 2010 to 2015.

The U.S. Department of Education uses the classifications to organize data and determine a school's eligibility for grant money, according to SU's release.
are we listed as a aau member??? spin this ant way u want--they are the measuring stick, and we a re not there ---we can thank the previous chancellor for that---who is at rutgers newark----a good fit. we are private and must act and produce as one, or get into suny!

are we listed as a aau member??? spin this ant way u want--they are the measuring stick, and we a re not there ---we can thank the previous chancellor for that---who is at rutgers newark----a good fit. we are private and must act and produce as one, or get into suny!
No, we are not AAU. I didn't say we are. I'm not spinning anything. We are a Top Tier research school according to the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Spin this any way you want, we are a top-rated research school.

And we are not becoming a member of the SUNY schools.

If you want to discuss this any further, let's start another thread. This is getting off-topic. Which is making fun of Rutgers. :D

all of what u said is true!!!! that does not change the fact that ru gets better attendance at football. the figure that u cite at 20k a game is ancient history. we are dealing with the here and now (and has been for the past 10 yrs or more). further, our lack of growth academically and research wise u have not addressed, nor do i expect u to, other than acknowledge that it has an impact. my point is simply we are lacking in the MAJOR academic areas, dragging our feet on the stadium, talking about the giants---(not sure why)and not addressing the issues in the gestalt football and academics wise. comparing basketball stuff is not relevant to the discussion. further u suggest that because ohio state and michigan boost ru attendance---thats an issue. of course it is and that is exactly why they are in the big 10. keep making these excuses and we will remain mired in the same mediocrity. the issue is not reasons why this is, but rather how do we impact our status on the NATIONAL stage. i will stop here . there is much more to be said but not on a football forum.
Rutgers attendance is more about the local B1G fans than about Rutgers fans.

Yup. It's about giving the other B1Gs an extra home game near NYC.

It's like a Reverse Homecoming Game.

A Homecoming Game involves playing a cupcake opponent for an easy win in front of the alumni who have journeyed back to the Campus.

This is also playing a cupcake for an easy win but instead it's played where some of the Alumni live.

And as the 30 point and 40 points shellackings pile up, even more seats will be available for the local B1G fans.

Quite a concept.

I think this was one of the preconditions to allow a school like Rutgers to join the B1G. They are being treated like the red haired step child that they are.

Being that they are Rutgers, they are happy to be treated that way.
haha, thought the same. They are losing a home game against a marginal fellow conference member. That's a bad look. Don't want to hear the spin that its for their NYC fans either. This is taking a conference home game away. Bad look

Other than a medical school, what MAJOR academic areas do we lack?
Speaking of which, has the medical school idea died on the vine. Kinda disappeared, be interesting to see where this is at, if at all. Maybe the constant negativity has dismayed Syverud to the point where he will pick his battles from now on.

SU's law school is ranked in the top 100 (86th the same as Penn State) and ahead of Rutgers#92, Michigan St#100. I do agree that we should shoot higher though.

I'm shocked it's ranked that high. There is zero to no respect for the SU law school from everything I've heard from lawyers I know.

is Kathy Hochel a lawyer? Because we may be calling her Gov. Kathy soon
She is but received her law degree from Catholic University.

She tried hard to get the Carrier Dome to be named after Ernie Davis while she was an undergrad at Syracuse...

Linkage

Yeah. One of them is the vice-president of the United States, I think.

Unfortunately lack of respect might have more to do with one's personal/political agenda than actual rankings.

I'm shocked it's ranked that high. There is zero to no respect for the SU law school from everything I've heard from lawyers I know.
Well a new law school building helps the rankings. I would expect this school to move up with the Chancellor we have in place. It should be a lot higher than it is.

Oh yee of little faith. NASA, my brother!

They needed a new facility. White Hall's time had long passed. The new building ... with architecture that takes some getting used to ... is an amazing facility. So they're well on their way to restoring the COL to the prominence it once held.

That's weird, I personally know some very successful SU lawyers.

1) I know some successful people that went to Ohio State, but that doesn't make that place anything more than a Cracker Jack box with diplomas inside.

2) I don't work in the legal industry, I'm only repeating what I've heard.

haha, thought the same. They are losing a home game against a marginal fellow conference member. That's a bad look. Don't want to hear the spin that its for their NYC fans either. This is taking a conference home game away. Bad look
-----
The RU fans are not happy about it either... This game was arranged by the previous AD, J Herman, but was not announced till now

The fans also agree that it does very little to establish any school as THE school most associated with NYC...

I would have to believe that the league commish asked for this... Hopefully it is a one shot deal and the administration listens to the fans.

Best of luck this year.

-----
The RU fans are not happy about it either... This game was arranged by the previous AD, J Herman, but was not announced till now

The fans also agree that it does very little to establish any school as THE school most associated with NYC...

I would have to believe that the league commish asked for this... Hopefully it is a one shot deal and the administration listens to the fans.

Best of luck this year.

There's been numerous discussions on this board regarding which school is most associated with NYC for football. I think most people came to the conclusion that even though Rutgers is closer, and even though Syracuse is in the same state, neither is NYC's college football team. School's like Notre Dame, Penn State and Michigan have about as much of a claim to the city's fans as either SU or RU.

There's been numerous discussions on this board regarding which school is most associated with NYC for football. I think most people came to the conclusion that even though Rutgers is closer, and even though Syracuse is in the same state, neither is NYC's college football team. School's like Notre Dame, Penn State and Michigan have about as much of a claim to the city's fans as either SU or RU.
-----
I do not think any college has a major presence in the bottom of the state... Due to proximity, RU may have a lot of grads working in the city, but I do not believe it generates much... If RU or Syracuse became a consistent top 10 team, you would see grads of either make a bit more noise in the city...