The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 272 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

We should root for Rutgers. This might be Buffalo's interview game. B1G has been hoped to use their resources to make Buffalo New York State's flagship and take New York state entirely because Buffalo is AAU school. We don't want to see Buffalo go to B1G.

There is zero chance of the B10 inviting Buffalo, zero. Inviting Maryland and Rutty has already been a disaster and they came from Power schools ie the ACC and Big East. Ohio State and PSU and Michigan aren't voting to let in freeking Buffalo.

Is this a serious post?
I think it's a closet Bulls fan in Orange clothing, otherwise known as:

orange_bull_400x400.gif

We should root for Rutgers. This might be Buffalo's interview game. B1G has been hoped to use their resources to make Buffalo New York State's flagship and take New York state entirely because Buffalo is AAU school. We don't want to see Buffalo go to B1G.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen

In 2012 we were 8-5, won a share of the BE, and won a bowl game. In 2013 we were 7-6, a new member of the ACC, and won another bowl game. People at that time said this thread needed to go away. It didn't and it won't. Just because a handful of people think they are above making fun of Rutgers doesn't mean the rest of us simpletons are. I mean dude...

View attachment 139362

That photo is my favorite and perfect distallation of the reason for this thread

I didn't know this but the UB coach's career record as a college head coach is like 125-30. I'll be watching this guy closely with UB off to a 3-0 start and scoring a lot of points.

I didn't know this but the UB coach's career record as a college head coach is like 125-30. I'll be watching this guy closely with UB off to a 3-0 start and scoring a lot of points.
Rutgers doesn't need to hire him...they should go after Randy Edsell next. He'll have Rutgers to 3 win seasons in 2 years.

and by the way - history writing over at the buttgers board is good reading. Ash was our first head coach candidate and they took him from us. They could've hired Babers if they wanted him.

I thought Ash was a rumored candidate because of the relationship with Coyle but I don't recall him being the 1st choice - and don't recall that he even interviewed. All I know is thanks god buttgers hire they guy. He's a perfect fit for them.

and - I love to read how our 3-0 start is basically smoke and mirrors. We'll struggle to hit the 5 win mark after beating UConn this weekend. Who knew.

Rutgers struggle to keep games within 5 touchdowns per half.

and by the way - history writing over at the buttgers board is good reading. Ash was our first head coach candidate and they took him from us. They could've hired Babers if they wanted him.

I thought Ash was a rumored candidate because of the relationship with Coyle but I don't recall him being the 1st choice - and don't recall that he even interviewed. All I know is thanks god buttgers hire they guy. He's a perfect fit for them.

and - I love to read how our 3-0 start is basically smoke and mirrors. We'll struggle to hit the 5 win mark after beating UConn this weekend. Who knew.
This was my favorite...

"Lol, and Ash took RU over Cuse. So what does that tell you? "

Ummmmm...it tells me that Ash is just as clueless in the interview room as he is in the film room!!!

#FUURBAN #Lastlaugh

In 2014, Delany shocked the world by adding Maryland and Rutgers to the conference. It was a blatant play for cable-connected televisions in Washington D.C. and New York City, and nothing more. Maryland athletics was saddled with crippling debt that Big Ten lucre could fix; Rutgers was essentially a mid-major program. Neither had a football program with any sort of history; Maryland had won a single ACC championship since 1985, and Rutgers had long since lost program savior Greg Schiano to the NFL, quickly falling back into the lower tiers of mediocrity.
Rutgers, which is on its second football coach and second athletic director in less than five years since joining the Big Ten, lost by 41 to Kansas.

Let's try that again.

THEY LOST TO KANSAS BY 41 POINTS. KANSAS.

After posting a respectable 7-5 record in their first season in the Big Ten (albeit with a 3-5 in-conference record), Rutgers has failed to win more than four games in the last three seasons and looks dead-set on making it four in a row. The Scarlet Knights are now 7-28 in Big Ten games, after getting obliterated by Ohio State in the season's second week. Their previous coach was fired for trying to coerce better grades for his players from university professors, and the prior athletic director was fired for that and a couple of other scandals. Rutgers hasn't really been competitive in any sport since joining the conference.
So let's get divorced.

Nebraska would still be a prime property for the Big 12, especially now that the conference's finances have stabilized and Texas's control of everything has been moderated by the Longhorn Network's limited success. The Cornhuskers would have access to Texas recruits again, the games against Oklahoma their fans so desperately want, and improvement in the sports (baseball in particular) where they used to excel and have now collapsed.

Like Nebraska, Maryland could likely return to the ACC as part of the sixteen-team league that they have repeatedly suggested as their endgame. The Big Ten can buy out the Terps with enough money to pay off that pesky debt and operate in the black going forward, in exchange for the privilege of never having the Big Ten basketball tournament set foot in Washington D.C. again.

Rutgers would be hurt, not only because they got such a gargantuan upgrade from the AAC when they were picked, but because they don't really have a landing area. Perhaps the Big 12 would take them as a partner to West Virginia, or the ACC as the sixteenth team (although, frankly, UConn makes more sense for a conference that already has Syracuse and Boston College). Maybe Rutgers just accepts its fate and stops playing sports altogether. They never should have been B1G to begin with, and I don't much care what happens to them going forward.

It will never happen, but I credit the Iowa site with trying. I agree with everything posted about Rutgers. Losers.

They don’t address the other reason they were added - good ole Penn St. What is their take on all this?

While I agree with the basic philosophy, the one obvious point is that getting rid of three bottom feeders places winning teams in losing positions. Translation: Three remaining teams will face the proposition of losing and missing out on bowl games. Not to mention the fact that the B1G would either have to give up their "no games versus FCS teams" or play real P5 teams because they lost three bottom feeders.

This thread ends when SU is no longer threatened by the idea that we are Rutgers North. Is Rutgers a dumpster fire? Surely. My point is why does this board give so much energy to putting Rutgers down? Why aren't we focused on UNC, or Duke, or UVA, or VT, or Pitt, or any other of our ACC rivals? Are we that insecure that we have to go after Rutgers, a meisly program we beat regularly by 40 points in the 80's and 90's? This thread is a testament to how far we have fallen. Why the hell do we care a damned bit about what happens at Rutgers?
This thread, while occasionally somewhat funny, is absolutely embarrassing. It screams “insecure” on a good day, and it makes us look small time. I remember making fun of programs with fcs rivals, like Rutgers —> Princeton, and now I find myself on page 272 of a thread about a school that lost to Kansas.

And before anyone mentions an ignore button, my problem isn’t that I disagree w/ 99% of the things said in the thread. RU is, was, and will always be a mess. There are too many distractions in the NYC area for a nearby school to be good at college football. My problem is w/ the image that this thread creates for Syracuse. It isn’t a good look.

Last edited:
The reality is simple, when Rutgers stops screwing up everything, this thread ends. The problem is that Rutgers is, well, Rutgers, and they cannot help themselves. It is inevitable that they will do something worse than anyone thought possible, "one-up" a bad thing by going worse, do something so stupid that Beavis and Butthead can't believe it, borrow more money to pay for losing programs than they bring in, etc.

There are many teams with unimpressive football histories but they don't screw up every facet of everything they do. Most schools have some dignity, Rutgers has none.

I have never feared Rutgers or thought Syracuse was threatened by their good fortune (it didn't last long). Anyway, just my basis for enjoying this thread.

This was my favorite...

"Lol, and Ash took RU over Cuse. So what does that tell you? "

Ummmmm...it tells me that Ash is just as clueless in the interview room as he is in the film room!!!

#FUURBAN #Lastlaugh

Someone really posted that and thought it was “a good one”? What the hell is wrong with those people?