The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 273 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

This thread, while occasionally somewhat funny, is absolutely embarrassing. It screams “insecure” on a good day, and it makes us look small time. I remember making fun of programs with fcs rivals, like Rutgers —> Princeton, and now I find myself on page 272 of a thread about a school that lost to Kansas.

And before anyone mentions an ignore button, my problem isn’t that I disagree w/ 99% of the things said in the thread. RU is, was, and will always be a mess. There are too many distractions in the NYC area for a nearby school to be good at college football. My problem is w/ the image that this thread creates for Syracuse. It isn’t a good look.

Who are we trying to impress?

honestly, our Chris Ash thread should be pinned to the top of the board. Never in the history of sports message board history, has a community unilaterally agreed on a particular opinion/decision. THIS BOARD KNEW the Chris Ash hire would end in a colossal failure.

Chris Ash thread...

Brace yourself mods

That Ash thread was hilarious *before* Rutgers hired him. But it’s pure gold now.

Clearly nobody.

The real question is “should you try to make us look like clowns?.”

Like I said earlier - two types. Some see this thread as some kind of weird 3 dimensional chess attempt at propping up a would be rival and everyone else just likes laughing at the epic string of self-induced Rutgers busses ramming into buildings.

The real embarrassment would be not taking the time to join the rest of the CFB world in laughing at them. And we’re pretty good at it ;)

Interestingly a ton of people would watch that. How great would that be for entertainment value. The stakes are so high.

The B1G would lend UConn any and players they want for the game to ensure Rutgers was relegated anywhere else and removed from their payouts.

I wonder what the point spread would be. Could Rutger s score more than 1 touchdown?

The paragraph below is from an article today.

Make no mistake. the Bulls, a MAC East contender and 3-0 overall with a win at Temple, can beat the Scarlet Knights. If that happens -- Las Vegas has Buffalo as a 5.5-point favorite -- the wheels will be fully off of a season that began with promise, even the rational possibility of six wins. Forget perception right now. Any positivity there died last weekend in Lawrence.

"rational possibility of 6 wins" - simply delusional. I've seen the future , and it looks like this:

gif_temp.gif

Last edited:
The paragraph below is from an article today.

Make no mistake. the Bulls, a MAC East contender and 3-0 overall with a win at Temple, can beat the Scarlet Knights. If that happens -- Las Vegas has Buffalo as a 5.5-point favorite -- the wheels will be fully off of a season that began with promise, even the rational possibility of six wins. Forget perception right now. Any positivity there died last weekend in Lawrence.

"rational possibility of 6 wins" - simply delusional. I've seen the future , and it looks like this:

View attachment 139674

With their schedule and the fact they had 8 guys (or maybe it was 6) suspended for the season, most of which were in the secondary, should have dispelled any rational notion of 6 wins.

First off, congrats on the win. My wife's friend (fellow FSU alum) actually came into the city for a work event so we went in and met up with them and didn't make it up for the game. I only got to watch the first half but saw highlights. Your D played much better than I thought. But to Texan and company, thanks again for offering to hook us up!

As for RU, the wait and see approach with Ash is over. Guy is a dud. He probably stays until the end of the 2019 season by which time the administration will have seen enough and will be forced to eat whatever buyout he has. Unless he quits at the end of this season which isn't entirely out of the question IMO. The post-RU careers of coaches in RU football head coaching graveyard who have been fired isn't pretty. G-Rob had a better pre-Syracuse resume to fall back on than Ash's pre-Rutgers resume. I know a couple of P5 assistants in the B1G, one of whom is familiar with CA and he told me over the summer he's miserable there and thinks he ends up resigning.

Congrats again on the win fellas. Good luck the rest of the way. See you in Tallahassee next year!
Wait, so Ash is going to decommit as well?! ;)

Cuse 45
UCONN 31

I don't think this will be quite the blowout everyone thinks. I feel like they've got nothing on defense, but offensively, I guarantee you, that the o-line will be much, much, better than FSU's. As much as I love how the d-line played, I'm not sure I've ever seen as bad an o-line as we saw last week. From a technique standpoint, it was absolutely laughable. Pindell is a poor man's Dungey, and I think that we'll surrender a lot of yards, and enough points to have people on here grumbling about our defense come Sunday.

We still don't know what we have, and likely won't until we play the NC States, and Wake Forests. We have measured ourselves against a middle of the road MAC team, a bad FCS team, and an FSU team that may be one of the 3 worst teams in the ACC. The only thing we're sure about right now, is that we're good at beating bad teams. In years past, we would play pretty even with bad teams. The fact that we have dominated is different, and encouraging, but doesn't really tell me much more than that.

Cuse 45
UCONN 31

I don't think this will be quite the blowout everyone thinks. I feel like they've got nothing on defense, but offensively, I guarantee you, that the o-line will be much, much, better than FSU's. As much as I love how the d-line played, I'm not sure I've ever seen as bad an o-line as we saw last week. From a technique standpoint, it was absolutely laughable. Pindell is a poor man's Dungey, and I think that we'll surrender a lot of yards, and enough points to have people on here grumbling about our defense come Sunday.

We still don't know what we have, and likely won't until we play the NC States, and Wake Forests. We have measured ourselves against a middle of the road MAC team, a bad FCS team, and an FSU team that may be one of the 3 worst teams in the ACC. The only thing we're sure about right now, is that we're good at beating bad teams. In years past, we would play pretty even with bad teams. The fact that we have dominated is different, and encouraging, but doesn't really tell me much more than that.
You made a wrong turn. We only discuss Rutgers' futility in this thread. The UCONN futility discussion is over that way ---> Now that being said. UCONN's vaunted offense that you fear so much scored 17 vs UCF and 7 vs Boise St. So basically in 2 G5 games they have averaged 12 pts/game. Just keep that in mind.

With their schedule and the fact they had 8 guys (or maybe it was 6) suspended for the season, most of which were in the secondary, should have dispelled any rational notion of 6 wins.

I think their coach and their history should have dispelled it too. they won 4 games last year after completely embarrassing themselves with 1 win in Ash's first year, so their delusional base thought they could "improve" more this year. What they ignored is that 4 wins last year were as bad as Flood ever did, it was only an improvement because the first year of Ash was so pathetic. Like Grob 2005(1 win), 2006(4 wins), 2007(2 wins)

yep, Ash is the new GROB

Cuse 45
UCONN 31

if we are good at beating bad teams, then we will beat the hell out of U Conn, who is horrific. Pindell is good, but they still only scored 24 pts total against Boise and UCF. big deal that they put up points against an FCS team. we may come out a bit slow, but we should and will smoke them.

I think their coach and their history should have dispelled it too. they won 4 games last year after completely embarrassing themselves with 1 win in Ash's first year, so their delusional base thought they could "improve" more this year. What they ignored is that 4 wins last year were as bad as Flood ever did, it was only an improvement because the first year of Ash was so pathetic. Like Grob 2005(1 win), 2006(4 wins), 2007(2 wins)

yep, Ash is the new GROB
For all the bashing Grob takes, and deservedly so, he at least had his SB rings, NFL and college experience, and was bringing a gimmicky WCO(that we couldn't execute at all). What exactly has Ash done?

You made a wrong turn. We only discuss Rutgers' futility in this thread. The UCONN futility discussion is over that way ---> Now that being said. UCONN's vaunted offense that you fear so much scored 17 vs UCF and 7 vs Boise St. So basically in 2 G5 games they have averaged 12 pts/game. Just keep that in mind.
Yeah...I'm not quite sure why I posted it here...oops.

So ones a floater and the other would be a sinker?
Haha I think you nailed it. Rutgers is a spiraling floating turd that refuses to flush itself into oblivion.