The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 340 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Plus Holmes, Suter, Anderson, Merk. Half a dozen GRob recruits were starters 4 years later in 2012.

There were five guys on the 2012 roster actually on campus when Greg Robinson was coach, Dan Vaughn, Ryan Nassib, Marcus Sales, David Stevens, Carl Cutler. That's it.

Marrone kept four Robinson commits. Chibane, Pugh, Lemon, Phillips. That's nine fourth and fifth year players on an 85 man roster. That's doesn't bolster your argument.

Last edited:
I hate to disabuse you guys of your dreams of Rutgers getting worse and worse. They will eventually get better, maybe even become average in the top heavy BIG.

That won't really help their fans much because the NY Metro area really only supports big winners. They might say they'll settle for being an
an average BIG team, but they will never be happy.

Watching the futility of their programs, put me in mind of the C124 cargo airplane. I have been told that the thing isn't supposed to be able to fly based on the principles of aeronautical engineering, but it does.

Rutgers, given all it's natural resources, ought to be able to fly, but it cannot. It's the opposite of the C124.

It's a mystery that someone will be able to partially solve. A moron, low-life, near criminal like Schiano had it going. Someone else could do it too.

But the midtier of the BIG is the upper limit.

There were five guys on the 2012 roster that actually on campus when Greg Robinson was coach, Dan Vaughn, Ryan Nassib, Marcus Sales, David Stevens, Carl Cutler. That's it.

Marrone kept for Robinson commits. Chibane, Pugh, Lemon, Phillips. That's nine fourth and fifth year players on an 85 man roster. That's doesn't bolster your argument.
What about the roster in 2009, the year that Marrone arrived? The premise was that Robinson left nothing for Marrone. That's not true. Did Robinson know how to coach that talent? Not likely.

I hate to disabuse you guys of your dreams of Rutgers getting worse and worse. They will eventually get better, maybe even become average in the top heavy BIG.

That won't really help their fans much because the NY Metro area really only supports big winners. They might say they'll settle for being an

Watching the futility of their programs, put me in mind of the C124 cargo airplane. I have been told that the thing isn't supposed to be able to fly based on the principles of aeronautical engineering, but it does.

Rutgers, given all it's natural resources, ought to be able to fly, but it cannot. It's the opposite of the C124.

It's a mystery that someone will be able to partially solve. A moron, low-life, near criminal like Schiano had it going. Someone else could do it too.

UConn and Rutgers were only successful in the Big East once V Tech and BC left, leaving it severely weakened and no longer worthy of BCS status. Just the very fact that they starting having winning records shows how bad the conference had become in football.

I like to think that Rutgers will infect the B1G with its unique brand of ineptitude, and bring all the B1G schools to their level, whereupon it could someday be possibly become successful.

But I don't think so.

And the Lions should have won more than 1 playoff game in the last 30 years but they haven't. And Rutgers has legitimately been relevant for all of 2 seasons in their 100 year history. I'm ok with 1 more relevant season prior to 2060.

UConn and Rutgers were only successful in the Big East once V Tech and BC left, leaving it severely weakened and no longer worthy of BCS status. Just the very fact that they starting having winning records shows how bad the conference had become in football.

I like to think that Rutgers will infect the B1G with its unique brand of ineptitude, and bring all the B1G schools to their level, whereupon it could someday be possibly become successful.

But I don't think so.
And Miami.

And Miami.

and when GERG took over at SU and Schiano took advantage of his historical ineptitude. The Big 10 East is a hell of a lot harder than what Schiano was facing in the Big East. Toss in some pretty tough crossover games against the West and 6-6 would be a miracle for whomever succeeds Ash

You’re playing word games. He told 9 players to transfer because they would never play here. 8 left. Some others left on their own but weren’t asked to leave.

Either way, 20 players left the team within his first year.

I’d like to blame every problem we’ve ever had on Rutgers.
I blame them for getting P fired.

I blame them for bringing us GRob.

I blame them for leaving our program in a deep state of despair.

I blame them for ruining the Old Big East. They simply couldn’t ever field a competitive team. I blame them for everyone leaving.

I blame Rutgers for all of the snow we get in the winter.

I apologize for pointing out the talent inefficiencies after GRob for Marrone to deal with. I blame Rutgers for rrlbees and HRE Otto IV for arguing semantics with me. We all equally loathe Rutgers, so we’re cool.

Back to them getting outscored by a combined 114-17 by OSU, Mich & PSU last year in B1G play.

Oh yeah, one more DOOZY, they got shellacked by UB 42-13 at home last year, too.
Oddly enough, “home” is now known as SHI_ Stadium. Quite fitting.

They can’t get much worse.

How long does a sleeping giant need to sleep to be considered dead? I’ve hear my whole adult life 30+ year that Rutgers is going to be mediocre. They did that for like a total of 5 seasons out of all of them.

This thread turned into the worst trip down memory lane ever.

Stop torturing yourselves. Repeat after me, Good Will Hunting style:

it’s not your fault
It’s not your fault
It’s not your fault

Have a good cry and go see about a girl.

Last edited:

Such little faith in the Raritan school to continuously fail to achieve mediocrity. I expect that Rutgers fails to hit mediocrity at pretty much the same pace they always have. Long may Ash reign in red (scarlet)! ;)

P.S. I fully agree, so long as Rutgers maintains less than conference championship level sports, NYC will never give them the time of day.

This thread turned into the worst trip down memory lane ever.

Stop torturing yourselves. Repeat after me, Good Will Hunting style:

it’s not your fault
It’s not your fault
It’s not your fault

Have a good cry and go see about a girl.

Or see Rocco's post:

It's Rutgers' fault.
It's Rutgers' fault.
It's Rutgers' fault.

Who are they passing to get to the middle of the big ten?

Rutgers plays at Michigan tomorrow. Michigan is not very good but it should be interesting to see if they can get 50 on ole' Rutgers.

Rutgers plays at Michigan tomorrow. Michigan is not very good but it should be interesting to see if they can get 50 on ole' Rutgers.
Michigan is going to pimp slap Rutgers around, they will hang 50 on them
No problem

Harbaugh is feeling serious heat.

He will coach this game like it's the Superbowl.

No dogs being called off.

Cobra Kai - no mercy