The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 338 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

That Rutgers o lineman almost giving his own QB a concussion is priceless.

What was that all about? That was funny as hell, but it looked like he was trying to knock his own QB out of the game!

In one breath the author says Art Sitkowski is the guy at QB because he looked good against BC’s porous pass defense.

The next paragraph he says this:

“I understand the concern about asking Sitkowski to do too much. He lost the starting job out of training camp and, as a freshman last season, threw 18 interceptions.”

That pretty much sums up their disaster of a program. Your savior threw 18 picks last year and lost his starting job in training camp.

The grass is definitely not greener.

Sitkowski is another one of those guys that was highly ranked by the recruiting sites early but dropped as his HS career progressed. But he still helped puff up Rutgers site rankings.

giphy.gif

Doesn't USC leave coaches on the tarmac?
Maybe but I know Randy Edsall leaves teams at the locker room

BTW, numerous chubbies over at Rutgirls' board excited over the prospect of Shady coming back.

Has a coach ever been as abysmal as Ash and turned it around in year 4? 7-29 in three seasons. I mean has a coach won less than i dunno lets say 10 games in 3 seasons and "turned it around" in year 4? Isnt it safe to say that after 3 seasons, there should be SOME signs of progress? And I'm not just dumping on Rutty, I'm talking about any school. Our own included with Gerg and Shafer. Scotty boy was 14-23 after 3 seasons.

Edit: Mike Macintyre at Colorado, went 10-29 through 3 seasons, went 10-3 in year 4. Was fired two seasons later

Has a coach ever been as abysmal as Ash and turned it around in year 4? 7-29 in three seasons. I mean has a coach won less than i dunno lets say 10 games in 3 seasons and "turned it around" in year 4? Isnt it safe to say that after 3 seasons, there should be SOME signs of progress? And I'm not just dumping on Rutty, I'm talking about any school. Our own included with Gerg and Shafer. Scotty boy was 14-23 after 3 seasons.

Edit: Mike Macintyre at Colorado, went 10-29 through 3 seasons, went 10-3 in year 4. Was fired two seasons later
David Cutcliffe was 4-8, 5-7, 3-9 and 3-9 first four years. Obviously not as bad as Ash but back to back 3-9s in years 3 and 4 is similar. Rutgers AD needs to be use that as his guiding light. Chris Ash needs a 5th year according to everyone I've talked to.

I love reading old threads like these:

https://rutgers.forums.r!vals.com/threads/i-would-run-through-a-brick-wall-for-ash.58862/

replace the !.

Syracusefan.com should spinoff its own search committee. Anyone want to comb the thread looking for Ash supporters (there may have been a few if i remember) and give them a 1 week ban.

Remember all of the short term bans around game 3+ of Scotty boys last season here, fun times...

Some real gems in that thread wow...

"I don't know what kind of offense Ash would choose to run. He worked for four years under Bret Bielema and saw the power run game he ran at Wisconsin and Arkansas. But he's also seen the Urban Meyer spread up close for two years, and he and Tom Herman worked together here and at Iowa State.

A pure guess? Ash would want to run the spread with a dual-threat quarterback and is telling potential employers that. If a school wants to sell an exciting brand of offense as part of the package, Ash could offer that without being an offensive coach himself."

As much as I love Ash, I almost want Schiano to return and find that building them up is even harder now than it was the first time, resigns, and finishes his career as one of Saban's consultants in charge of coffee at team meetings.

wasn't that Doug's job at New Orleans?

Syracusefan.com should spinoff its own search committee. Anyone want to comb the thread looking for Ash supporters (there may have been a few if i remember) and give them a 1 week ban.

Remember all of the short term bans around game 3+ of Scotty boys last season here, fun times...

The first 5 pages of that thread had exactly Zero Ash supporters. SU fans are world's smarter than Rutgers fans.