The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 339 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Can they really afford to pay 2 Coaches? Rutgers is heavy in the Red already.
That's just it. If you pay out Ash then where does the money come from to get any coach worth a spit? You don't and end up rolling the dice again. If they buy out Ash and hire anyone for over a million the academia at Rutgers will burn the damn place down.

That's just it. If you pay out Ash then where does the money come from to get any coach worth a spit? You don't and end up rolling the dice again. If they buy out Ash and hire anyone for over a million the academia at Rutgers will burn the damn place down.
Another $200-$300 increase in student fees should take care of it. ;)

The braintrust and I use term loosely want greggy back like he could compete in the big ten.

So according to the article, Rutgers was required to extend him for however long the sanctions lasted? If it was a 5 year bowl ban, or the death sentence, Ash would have gotten a five year, or lifetime extension!? That’s fabulous. I know that wouldn’t be the case, but the idea is fantastic.

So according to the article, Rutgers was required to extend him for however long the sanctions lasted? If it was a 5 year bowl ban, or the death sentence, Ash would have gotten a five year, or lifetime extension!? That’s fabulous. I know that wouldn’t be the case, but the idea is fantastic.

Ironically, hiring Ash was the same thing as a 5 year bowl ban and death sentence

And yet he took a program that went 10-37 the four years prior and went 25-25 with two bowl games.

Remarkable.
Another way to contrast the 2 records--Marrone was following G Robinson.

Reactions: FAL
Another way to contrast the 2 records--Marrone was following G Robinson.

I would've started for GRob his last year. The talent level was historically bad. Tickle yourself and go back and look at the leaders from the 2008 team. Sweet baby J.

Marrone came in, had to tell 1/3 of the kids to transfer because they'll never play here, then begin restocking the cupboard. He still won 8 games in year 2. Pretty incredible given he was playing with mainly a band of misfits (were a few good players).

I would've started for GRob his last year. The talent level was historically bad. Tickle yourself and go back and look at the leaders from the 2008 team. Sweet baby J.

Marrone came in, had to tell 1/3 of the kids to transfer because they'll never play here, then begin restocking the cupboard. He still won 8 games in year 2. Pretty incredible given he was playing with mainly a band of misfits (were a few good players).

GRob could not coach. He left zero depth and very little on the lines. But there are a dozen guys he left Marrone that I wish we had this year.

and to add to that. His first "year" of recruiting I think he had 2 months to recruit his first class and try to keep some of the recruits still on board.

Actually, there was some talent on the 2009 roster--The Jones brothers, Pugh, Lemon, Nassib, Shamarko Thomas, Doug Hogue and Derrell Smith, Antwan Bailey, Marcus Sales, Delone Carter.

Actually, there was some talent on the 2009 roster--The Jones brothers, Pugh, Lemon, Nassib, Shamarko Thomas, Doug Hogue and Derrell Smith, Antwan Bailey, Marcus Sales, Delone Carter.

I did say there were a few good players. Can only keep a diamond shiny and sparkly for so long.

Still doesn't matter when the rest of the team wouldn't start for the Liverpool JV team.

Plus Holmes, Suter, Anderson, Merk. Half a dozen GRob recruits were starters 4 years later in 2012.

Marrone asked exactly 9 players to transfer. 8 did.

Marrone asked exactly 9 players to transfer. 8 did.

Hmmm... telling them to transfer vs telling them they won't play is different. 1/3 of the kids were not D1.

Hmmm... telling them to transfer vs telling them they won't play is different. 1/3 of the kids were not D1.

You’re playing word games. He told 9 players to transfer because they would never play here. 8 left. Some others left on their own but weren’t asked to leave.

I can easily count 50 guys who were D1. Did we have over 150 kids on the roster? If you want to say 1/3 was not BCS level then you have an argument.

You’re playing word games. He told 9 players to transfer because they would never play here. 8 left. Some others left on their own but weren’t asked to leave.

Not playing word games, this is semantics. Final statement, there were more than 9 kids on that team that knew they weren't going to play at Syracuse after Marrone came here. Does that settle it?

I can easily count 50 guys who were D1. Did we have over 150 kids on the roster? If you want to say 1/3 was not BCS level then you have an argument.

Yes, P5 caliber kids. We didn't have 50 of them.

Not playing word games, this is semantics. Final statement, there were more than 9 kids on that team that knew they weren't going to play at Syracuse after Marrone came here. Does settle it?

Well I was responding to your statement that Marrone told 1/3 of the team to transfer.

Arthur was a P recruit. Shamarko was a Marrone recruit. Pugh and Lemon were two of four that made Marrone's first recruiting class.