The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Its funny. Butch is the better coach. Rutgers going all out for a guy that has a 68-67 record. I give him credit for getting them respectable but this rebuild will be much different. His best efforts might get him to 6-7 wins. He better start locking in play dates with Howard and Norfolk st.
Unfortunately for him the AD took the Gross approach and didn't schedule any Ws.

1573144406521.png

HRE Otto IV

Starter
Unfortunately for him the AD took the Gross approach and didn't schedule any Ws.

View attachment 172589
I could have sworn that the B1G required no FCS and 1 P5 OOC to go along with the 9 conference games. But this year Ohio State somehow had no OOC P5 and Minnesota had no P5 and played an FCS, which is a big reason they are 8-0.

So Schiano might be forced to play 10 P5 and no FCS. Surprised that didn’t scare him away. His ceiling is 4-8.

bothsocksup

Starter
We weren't getting the studs from NJ anyways. The top NJ kids will continue to go to Penn St, Ohio St. and UMich. Schiano may get a couple because he's in the Big Ten but not enough to compete consistently in that league. Cuse will get a few B list guys that fit our schemes. Schools like Temple has sustained their programs off players like that. We will too.
Money glad to see you’re back

bothsocksup

Starter
*affect

Schiano in 2019 is very different than Schiano in 2012.

Think of the amount of negative stories regarding him since he left the school. If we can't out-recruit that we might as well shut down the program.
Thanks for the correction ya douche

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
Schiano was 68-67?

Talk about quit when you’re ahead.

Has the Temple coach interviewed yet? I wonder if Al Golden’s name will surface as well.

Briancuse

Living Legend
Only at rutgirls would they give the Moon and the stars to a mediocre at best coach. Reading their board you'd think urban Meyer was coming there. He will get his head handed to him in the big ten.

Jerseynole8

Walk On
He is trash and I give Tennessee fans credit for forcing his dismal before he took over that program. They are smart football fans and recognize garbage when they see it.
Yeah and the guy they hired instead seems to really be killing it. Great fans they have there!

gmoney44

2nd String
Yeah and the guy they hired instead seems to really be killing it. Great fans they have there!
they are recruiting at a top level and playing more true freshmen and sophomores then anyone else in the country. They also will probably play in a bowl and have showed improvement every week but don’t let that stop you from running your mouth.

Jerseynole8

Walk On
Only at rutgirls would they give the Moon and the stars to a mediocre at best coach. Reading their board you'd think urban Meyer was coming there. He will get his head handed to him in the big ten.
Then why should you guys care? Missed in all this is that Schiano is getting a commitment from the university, clearly one that has been lacking since the old AD Mulcahy was run out of town. Even if he gets them to 5-7, 6-6 each year (which seems about right) the job will be better for the next person than it is right now. Butch Jones may be the better coach but I’m not so sure he could have manipulated RU into catching up with even the middle of their conference in the facilities arms race which they need to do.

And I love the bitching by people about money spent. No one blinked when NJ poured millions into an unnecessary Met Life Stadium or that stupid American Dream Mall (like Bergen County needed yet another mall). But RU wants an indoor football practice facility? Oh the poor students and tax payers! Faux outrage at its finest.

Jerseynole8

Walk On
they are recruiting at a top level and playing more true freshmen and sophomores then anyone else in the country. They also will probably play in a bowl and have showed improvement every week but don’t let that stop you from running your mouth.
Cool. Maybe they will beat Vandy for the first time in 4 years.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Then why should you guys care? Missed in all this is that Schiano is getting a commitment from the university, clearly one that has been lacking since the old AD Mulcahy was run out of town. Even if he gets them to 5-7, 6-6 each year (which seems about right) the job will be better for the next person than it is right now. Butch Jones may be the better coach but I’m not so sure he could have manipulated RU into catching up with even the middle of their conference in the facilities arms race which they need to do.

And I love the bitching by people about money spent. No one blinked when NJ poured millions into an unnecessary Met Life Stadium or that stupid American Dream Mall (like Bergen County needed yet another mall). But RU wants an indoor football practice facility? Oh the poor students and tax payers! Faux outrage at its finest.
Lol at coming in a Rutgers Dumpster Fire thread and getting defensive about Rutgers.

Last edited:

Jerseynole8

Walk On
Lol at coming in a Rutgers Dunpster Fire thread and getting defensive about Rutgers.
What’s funny is the possibility of the mediocre Shady returning seems to have some posters panties in a bunch. I personally agree he’s not all that good.

I’m just pointing out the faux outrage over the spending on football at RU not only on this board but in the comments section on NJ.com.

gmoney44

2nd String
What’s funny is the possibility of the mediocre Shady returning seems to have some posters panties in a bunch. I personally agree he’s not all that good.

I’m just pointing out the faux outrage over the spending on football at RU not only on this board but in the comments section on NJ.com.
it’s outrageous because smart people don’t like putting more money into something they are already overpaying for with 0% chance of return on investment. It really isn’t rocket science to anyone besides Rutgers fans and the US government.

SU2NASA

All American
I look forward to Schiano trying to negative recruit against the rest of the B1G and the subsequent 2-point conversions and on-side kicks while up 70-0.

BVille44

Starter
I look forward to Schiano trying to negative recruit against the rest of the B1G and the subsequent 2-point conversions and on-side kicks while up 70-0.
Marrone said at a luncheon the Rutgers staff would show photos of the South side of Syracuse and a half filled dome to recruits as their main way to negative recruit against us.

Jerseynole8

Walk On
it’s outrageous because smart people don’t like putting more money into something they are already overpaying for with 0% chance of return on investment. It really isn’t rocket science to anyone besides Rutgers fans and the US government.
Cool. Well new weight room, locker room, practice fields and academic success center were all funded by private donors. So an indoor practice facility and upgraded salary pool for assistants and recruiting doesn’t seem too much to ask.

Ok made the trip up to Chestnut Hill. Game time.

Jerseynole8

Walk On
Marrone said at a luncheon the Rutgers staff would show photos of the South side of Syracuse and a half filled dome to recruits as their main way to negative recruit against us.
Yeah, I’m sure Boeheim and the SU football coaches over the past 40 years never negative recruited another school to get a player lol.

money3189

All American
It was easy to negative recruit vs Cuse back then because we were already heading downward and hadn't upgraded facilities. Good luck vs Big 10 east. Indiana and Maryland are the only two they can compete with and Maryland's facilities are way better

money3189

All American

The hire makes sense. Rutgers needed something to make them respectable. Why not try it with the guy that did it before. I applaud them for getting it done and making a commitment by giving him his demands. On another note, this thread is designed to crack jokes on them. You can't get too bothered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom