The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 362 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Unfortunately for him the AD took the Gross approach and didn't schedule any Ws.

View attachment 172589

I could have sworn that the B1G required no FCS and 1 P5 OOC to go along with the 9 conference games. But this year Ohio State somehow had no OOC P5 and Minnesota had no P5 and played an FCS, which is a big reason they are 8-0.

So Schiano might be forced to play 10 P5 and no FCS. Surprised that didn’t scare him away. His ceiling is 4-8.

We weren't getting the studs from NJ anyways. The top NJ kids will continue to go to Penn St, Ohio St. and UMich. Schiano may get a couple because he's in the Big Ten but not enough to compete consistently in that league. Cuse will get a few B list guys that fit our schemes. Schools like Temple has sustained their programs off players like that. We will too.
Money glad to see you’re back

*affect

Schiano in 2019 is very different than Schiano in 2012.

Think of the amount of negative stories regarding him since he left the school. If we can't out-recruit that we might as well shut down the program.
Thanks for the correction ya douche

Schiano was 68-67?

Talk about quit when you’re ahead.

Has the Temple coach interviewed yet? I wonder if Al Golden’s name will surface as well.

Only at rutgirls would they give the Moon and the stars to a mediocre at best coach. Reading their board you'd think urban Meyer was coming there. He will get his head handed to him in the big ten.

If he makes the move, 68-67 is going to turn into 70-100 in a heartbeat. Just saying.

gw3xkBBCnpvr77Dq.gif

Last edited:
He is trash and I give Tennessee fans credit for forcing his dismal before he took over that program. They are smart football fans and recognize garbage when they see it.

Yeah and the guy they hired instead seems to really be killing it. Great fans they have there!

Yeah and the guy they hired instead seems to really be killing it. Great fans they have there!

they are recruiting at a top level and playing more true freshmen and sophomores then anyone else in the country. They also will probably play in a bowl and have showed improvement every week but don’t let that stop you from running your mouth.

Only at rutgirls would they give the Moon and the stars to a mediocre at best coach. Reading their board you'd think urban Meyer was coming there. He will get his head handed to him in the big ten.

Then why should you guys care? Missed in all this is that Schiano is getting a commitment from the university, clearly one that has been lacking since the old AD Mulcahy was run out of town. Even if he gets them to 5-7, 6-6 each year (which seems about right) the job will be better for the next person than it is right now. Butch Jones may be the better coach but I’m not so sure he could have manipulated RU into catching up with even the middle of their conference in the facilities arms race which they need to do.

And I love the bitching by people about money spent. No one blinked when NJ poured millions into an unnecessary Met Life Stadium or that stupid American Dream Mall (like Bergen County needed yet another mall). But RU wants an indoor football practice facility? Oh the poor students and tax payers! Faux outrage at its finest.

they are recruiting at a top level and playing more true freshmen and sophomores then anyone else in the country. They also will probably play in a bowl and have showed improvement every week but don’t let that stop you from running your mouth.

Cool. Maybe they will beat Vandy for the first time in 4 years.

Then why should you guys care? Missed in all this is that Schiano is getting a commitment from the university, clearly one that has been lacking since the old AD Mulcahy was run out of town. Even if he gets them to 5-7, 6-6 each year (which seems about right) the job will be better for the next person than it is right now. Butch Jones may be the better coach but I’m not so sure he could have manipulated RU into catching up with even the middle of their conference in the facilities arms race which they need to do.

And I love the bitching by people about money spent. No one blinked when NJ poured millions into an unnecessary Met Life Stadium or that stupid American Dream Mall (like Bergen County needed yet another mall). But RU wants an indoor football practice facility? Oh the poor students and tax payers! Faux outrage at its finest.

Lol at coming in a Rutgers Dumpster Fire thread and getting defensive about Rutgers.

Last edited:
Lol at coming in a Rutgers Dunpster Fire thread and getting defensive about Rutgers.

What’s funny is the possibility of the mediocre Shady returning seems to have some posters panties in a bunch. I personally agree he’s not all that good.

I’m just pointing out the faux outrage over the spending on football at RU not only on this board but in the comments section on NJ.com.

What’s funny is the possibility of the mediocre Shady returning seems to have some posters panties in a bunch. I personally agree he’s not all that good.

I’m just pointing out the faux outrage over the spending on football at RU not only on this board but in the comments section on NJ.com.

it’s outrageous because smart people don’t like putting more money into something they are already overpaying for with 0% chance of return on investment. It really isn’t rocket science to anyone besides Rutgers fans and the US government.

I look forward to Schiano trying to negative recruit against the rest of the B1G and the subsequent 2-point conversions and on-side kicks while up 70-0.

I look forward to Schiano trying to negative recruit against the rest of the B1G and the subsequent 2-point conversions and on-side kicks while up 70-0.
Marrone said at a luncheon the Rutgers staff would show photos of the South side of Syracuse and a half filled dome to recruits as their main way to negative recruit against us.

it’s outrageous because smart people don’t like putting more money into something they are already overpaying for with 0% chance of return on investment. It really isn’t rocket science to anyone besides Rutgers fans and the US government.

Cool. Well new weight room, locker room, practice fields and academic success center were all funded by private donors. So an indoor practice facility and upgraded salary pool for assistants and recruiting doesn’t seem too much to ask.

Ok made the trip up to Chestnut Hill. Game time.

Marrone said at a luncheon the Rutgers staff would show photos of the South side of Syracuse and a half filled dome to recruits as their main way to negative recruit against us.

Yeah, I’m sure Boeheim and the SU football coaches over the past 40 years never negative recruited another school to get a player lol.

It was easy to negative recruit vs Cuse back then because we were already heading downward and hadn't upgraded facilities. Good luck vs Big 10 east. Indiana and Maryland are the only two they can compete with and Maryland's facilities are way better

The hire makes sense. Rutgers needed something to make them respectable. Why not try it with the guy that did it before. I applaud them for getting it done and making a commitment by giving him his demands. On another note, this thread is designed to crack jokes on them. You can't get too bothered.

Because no one cares about rutgirls in NJ. They are a perennial doormat. Nj tax payers are supposed to get excited to pour money into a program to go 4 and 8 and lose by 50 to osu and Michigan.

The outrage over spending is legitimate. Rutgers' Athletics Department annually must take funds from students fees, loans from the government or the school, and the school must fund the shortfall. The reality is that Rutgers is more than a half billion ($500,000,000.00), probably closer to a billion, in the red and is not expected to pay back any of the money. One billion dollars could go a long way on the education side of the school, improve academic and research facilities, allow more students to attend, the list goes on and on.

Juxtapose that with virtually every other D1 school that, especially when half of the D1 schools do not have the advantage of BTN monies. Yeah, we know, Rutgers does not get a full share, but they get more than the G5 schools, annually run in the red, and routinely make stupid decisions. Furthermore, the end is not in sight. Sure, a few speculate that they will break even, but the reality is that they are still raking in student fees to pay for Rutgers AD, that the school will still have to pay into the AD (which should be the other way around for a BTN school).

Take a look back at the AD records and see what revenue the AD brought in v. what they spent. Feel free to post the results, we have analyzed a few times. Running in the red may be necessary from time to time, but should never be the annual state of AD, otherwise, proper business principles must be employed.

To your first point, Shady will have deal with the truth in spite of himself. He can whine about SU, but SU will be one of many schools recruiting New Jersey. If/When he lies about UM, tOSU, MState, Wiscy, UNL, PSU, he will pay dearly. He will be lucky to get to year four of a deal if he fails clean up his act.