The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 365 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Schiano probably made a good guess at what facilities and other investments would be necessary to raise the RU football corpse from the dead and to make it competitive.

He also knew the risk and priced himself accordingly knowing how incredibly difficult this was going to be. Why not? He had them over a barrel.

The school and the NJ politicians, representing the taxpayers (who don’t care about Rutgers or Rutgers football) weren’t buying it. The school, which has been running a significant athletic department was not going to buy in to this.

I wonder what the BIG brass is thinking watching this soap opera play out?

Why? He would be the worst HC in the Atlantic and he won’t be able to keep NJ kids home since he is in Boston. He would be a downgrade from Addazio.
They should have a dance off or an artery rupturing contest to see who is the HC at BC.

Isn't Schiano out recruiting before being hired and passing the NCAA Compliance test, a violation?

It's in the article that he was already out trying to salvage the 2020 class in anticipation of taking the job.

How about we get whoever recruits o-lineman for them?
I’m convinced BC gets OLmen automatically because they have had success with them. Doesn’t matter who is recruiting for them.

Look at this ad that popped up in my feed. Poor lady

B5DF8558-1392-4F87-ADB1-D5FFE4CFE303.png

In fact, he's been recruiting coordinator for 2 P5 schools (SU, TN).
Doubt he would come back. I believe he lived in a hotel the whole time he was a coach at Syracuse. He is originally from West Virginia. I think that is where his heart is.

My impression always was that the success of the OL when Marrone was here, was because of Marrone’s schemes.
Very hard to hide bad OL play as we saw so often this year. It was Adkins.