The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 366 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I bet he’s just playing them. By the end of the week he’ll probably be getting a 10 yr deal for 5 mill a year.

I, for one, am disappointed. I was looking forward to the B1G nuking him into oblivion and destroying all of their hope for ever returning to mediocrity.
me too. It was getting to easy to pick on them.

You think this guy had won national championships when you see his demands

The comments following that article are gold! People are really fed up with funneling gobs of money into that program. Some suggesting downgrading it . Gold!

There's now a petition to fire Hobbs. This is too good for TV. They don't realize they can get another coach that can do what Greg can do. Their admins don't care enough about football. They are not gonna fire an AD that doesnt want to put all this money into a non competitive program. Why are they wasting time on that petition?

There's now a petition to fire Hobbs. This is too good for TV. They don't realize they can get another coach that can do what Greg can do. Their admins don't care enough about football. They are not gonna fire an AD that doesnt want to put all this money into a non competitive program. Why are they wasting time on that petition?

Even if I cared enough about football there is NO way I would be giving a career .500 coach - who's never won anything - what he's asking.
  • 8 years 32 million through February 2028,
  • $400,000 retention bonuses every two years after the second year of his contract.
  • A $25.2 million guarantee. After 2021 this goes down in increments in later years to $4.2 million by 2026
  • Unlimited use of a private jet for all recruiting activities and for all non-recruiting program and university-related travel.
  • There were also provisions for a car, private golf club membership, spousal and family travel to games and a
  • $100,000 relocation and temporary lodging bonus.
  • an initial salary pool set at $7.7 million for the 10 full-time assistant coaches and other support staff members, which would increase annually by no less than 3%. (8 mil after the first year)
I'd tell him to go kick rocks.

Last edited:
Even if I cared enough about football there is NO way I would be giving a career .500 coach - who's never won anything - what he's asking.
  • 8 years 32 million through February 2028,
  • $400,000 retention bonuses every two years after the second year of his contract.
  • A $25.2 million guarantee if the university were to terminate his contract without cause before 2021.
  • Unlimited use of a private jet for all recruiting activities and for all non-recruiting program and university-related travel.
  • There were also provisions for a car, private golf club membership, spousal and family travel to games and a
  • $100,000 relocation and temporary lodging bonus.
  • an initial salary pool set at $7.7 million for the 10 full-time assistant coaches and other support staff members, which would increase annually by no less than 3%.
I'd tell him to go kick rocks.
Other Requests Greg Schiano made in his contract on Rutgers:
1. No blue M&M’s
2. All wood chopping to be done by machine
3. Personal barber to ensure my hair never gets more than 5/8 of an inch from my scalp.
4. I shall be provided with a serious-looking Greg Schiano mask that I shall wear full time to prevent people from seeing me laughing all the way to the bank
5. 42,000 red cardboard cut outs to complement the 8000 fans in attendance, so The stadium looks full.
6. In all instances I shall be referred to as Savior Schiano or His Most Scarlet of Knights Schiano.
7. All campus mirrors to have my reflection in them.
8. Team name changed to the Scarlet Schianos.
9. After team name is changed, I shall be referred to as The Scarletest of Schianos or, simply Red.
10. I shall conduct practice from a 150 foot tower accessible via private helicopter. That is all. Thank you garden state.

I hope this post qualifies as staying on topic.

1. No blue M&M’s
3. Personal barber to ensure my hair never gets more than 5/8 of an inch from my scalp.
4. I shall be provided with a serious-looking Greg Schiano mask that I shall wear full time to prevent people from seeing me laughing all the way to the bank
5. 42,000 red cardboard cut outs to complement the 8000 fans in attendance, so The stadium looks full.
6. In all instances I shall be referred to as Savior Schiano or His Most Scarlet of Knights Schiano.
9. After team name is changed, I shall be referred to as The Scarletest of Schianos or, simply Red.
10. I shall conduct practice from a 150 foot tower accessible via private helicopter. That is all. Thank you garden state.

lol lol lol

1. No blue M&M’s

Did he collaborate with Edsall on this?