The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 407 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Rutgers +12.5 was an easy pick for me this week.
I am probably jinxing myself but whatever. Michigan was so bad against Wisconsin and Rutgers has played hard.

Milton isn’t the best QB on Michigan. He can scramble but isn’t accurate.
The backup for Michigan should split playing time.

I actually think if they get blown out, you’re right
I have never seen a team get dominated like Michigan did against Wisconsin.
It was gutless. Michigan is broken.

Rutgers +12.5 was an easy pick for me this week.
I am probably jinxing myself but whatever. Michigan was so bad against Wisconsin and Rutgers has played hard.

Milton isn’t the best QB on Michigan. He can scramble but isn’t accurate.
The backup for Michigan should split playing time.
Milton sucks. The team has quit on Harbaugh. If they can't beat a garbage team like Rutgers Harbaugh won't survive.

michigan is seriously worse than rutgers right now. Alot of guys sitting out or hurt. They absolutely dont want to be on the field. Body language is bad. No energy at all and rutgers is treating it like its their super bowl. Milton is bad.

So I can get a semi-realistic answer, let's pull the last play of the Rutgahs-Meeshigan game out of Piscataway.

You're in OT. You need a TD to tie the game up again and get into the next OT period. You're 4th and 9 on the 24. Why would you send any receiver into the end zone rather than put all of them into a pattern just beyond the sticks to get the 1st down and keep playing?

So I can get a semi-realistic answer, let's pull the last play of the Rutgahs-Meeshigan game out of Piscataway.

You're in OT. You need a TD to tie the game up again and get into the next OT period. You're 4th and 9 on the 24. Why would you send any receiver into the end zone rather than put all of them into a pattern just beyond the sticks to get the 1st down and keep playing?
Girls will be girls*. ;)

* note this is intended as a Rutgirls joke and is not intended to offend any female board members.

I hate to say it Shister would turn SU around in 2 years. He can coach circles around Dino.
Schiano brought in a ton of transfers this year to try to be competitive this year, he will lose a lot of players this year and they will be going back to square one next year.

I must have missed the memo, what exactly has Rutgirls done that is so special?
They didn't do anything special in 2005 either but we can't score and they can. Schiano is getting positive press and we have alumni calling out our coaching staff. If you can't see the parallels I suggest taking a better look.

They didn't do anything special in 2005 either but we can't score and they can. Schiano is getting positive press and we have alumni calling out our coaching staff. If you can't see the parallels I suggest taking a better look.
That team won 7 games in 2005, this team has one win. They had a nice offensive performance last week, they scored 20 against Illinois, 21 against Indiana, one of those tds came in garbage time, they scored a whole bunch of garbage times points against osu. Like I said in another thread Schiano put a lot of eggs into trying to be competitive this year by bringing in a ton of transfers. If you are expecting them to win 9 or 10 games next year you are going to be vastly disappointed.

That team won 7 games in 2005, this team has one win. They had a nice offensive performance last week, they scored 20 against Illinois, 21 against Indiana, one of those tds came in garbage time, they scored a whole bunch of garbage times points against osu. Like I said in another thread Schiano put a lot of eggs into trying to be competitive this year by bringing in a ton of transfers. If you are expecting them to win 9 or 10 games next year you are going to be vastly disappointed.
You can throw stats at me all day. Rutgers is scoring almost 30ppg after scoring less than 6ppg last year. Schiano is starting to get positive press. Meanwhile, SU can't score a freaking point against a 2 win football team. All I said was starting to feel like 2005 again i.e. Rutgers positive press and showing an upward trend, SU negative press, alumni calling out coaches, and a sheet-show on the field. Stat that to death if you want, won't change it.

You can throw stats at me all day. Rutgers is scoring almost 30ppg after scoring less than 6ppg last year. Schiano is starting to get positive press. Meanwhile, SU can't score a freaking point against a 2 win football team. All I said was starting to feel like 2005 again i.e. Rutgers positive press and showing an upward trend, SU negative press, alumni calling out coaches, and a sheet-show on the field. Stat that to death if you want, won't change it.
If your point is that we stink your right, and if your point is that Rutgers is more competitive than last year well yes, they couldn't have possibly been less. At the end of the day they are 1-4, we could end up 1-10 and they could be 1-7 or 1-8. They lose their qb, their best wr and possibly pacheao on offense and a ton of guys on defense. They aren't going to be good next year.

If your point is that we stink your right, and if your point is that Rutgers is more competitive than last year well yes, they couldn't have possibly been less. At the end of the day they are 1-4, we could end up 1-10 and they could be 1-7 or 1-8. They lose their qb, their best wr and possibly pacheao on offense and a ton of guys on defense. They aren't going to be good next year.
Were they ever really good? I'm simply talking about general perception and press. You're still dissecting this thing. I get it, you think they will stink next year. Maybe if you contact all the media outlets and share this with them they will stop saying good things about Rutgers. Maybe...give it a go.

Were they ever really good? I'm simply talking about general perception and press. You're still dissecting this thing. I get it, you think they will stink next year. Maybe if you contact all the media outlets and share this with them they will stop saying good things about Rutgers. Maybe...give it a go.
What perception? That they are better than this year? Big deal. We all make fun of Schiano but we all know he is a better coach than Chris Ash. Schiano might bring in some recruits but he is a lousy gameday coach. He never won the Big East and went 0-12 against WV. Next year they are losing like everyone on defense, and a ton of key guys on offense. Next year they play Indiana on the road, and Penn st and Michigan on the road who won't be as bad as this year and their cross over games are Wisc and Nw.

What perception? That they are better than this year? Big deal. We all make fun of Schiano but we all know he is a better coach than Chris Ash. Schiano might bring in some recruits but he is a lousy gameday coach. He never won the Big East and went 0-12 against WV. Next year they are losing like everyone on defense, and a ton of key guys on offense. Next year they play Indiana on the road, and Penn st and Michigan on the road who won't be as bad as this year and their cross over games are Wisc and Nw.
Perception? The one that I originally replied to that started all of this.