The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 408 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Perception? The one that I originally replied to that started all of this.

Pyle, don't eat the trash. I posted on this thread a few weeks ago with the same kind of info regarding Rutgers trending up and Cuse trending down and I was jumped on as well. Some folks can't take off their Orange colored glasses to see reality.

If your point is that we stink your right, and if your point is that Rutgers is more competitive than last year well yes, they couldn't have possibly been less. At the end of the day they are 1-4, we could end up 1-10 and they could be 1-7 or 1-8. They lose their qb, their best wr and possibly pacheao on offense and a ton of guys on defense. They aren't going to be good next year.
They lose their QB? Vedral has 2 more years after this year. If you mean Melton as the best WR, he’s only a Junior. Pacheco has 2 more years too. All of those guys should be at RU until 2022.
Also to one of your other point about their transfers graduating, only 3 of the 15 transfers were one year players. They were mostly underclassmen. It’s a full rebuild. Not a one year stop-gap amount of transfers

They lose their QB? Vedral has 2 more years after this year. If you mean Melton as the best WR, he’s only a Junior. Pacheco has 2 more years too. All of those guys should be at RU until 2022.
Also to one of your other point about their transfers graduating, only 3 of the 15 transfers were one year players. They were mostly underclassmen. It’s a full rebuild. Not a one year stop-gap amount of transfers
Vedral is a senior so is Melton, Pacheo is a jr but he might want to test the nfl draft waters. Most of their impact transfers will more than likely leave. Fogg who is a good player is gone too.

Schiano brought in a ton of transfers this year to try to be competitive this year, he will lose a lot of players this year and they will be going back to square one next year.
No they wont. I posted this before. The portal has become the number 1 recruiting territory in the US. Bigger than any state, any HS. SU needs to dedicate resources to it. Shister will for sure.

No they wont. I posted this before. The portal has become the number 1 recruiting territory in the US. Bigger than any state, any HS. SU needs to dedicate resources to it. Shister will for sure.
I agree we need to be more active in the portal, Dino needs to be this year his job is on the line. Rutgers has a ton of Seniors on their roster, they will lose a lot next year.

Time out:
Shady brought in transfers who are scoring against tOSU's waterboys and ball boys, every major team has taken hits on the opt-outs, points scored in clean up, etc. And this is compared with a team on their third QB, 5th/6th RBs, loss of three starters in the DBackfield, all new LBs, a patchwork quilt of an OL, and you want me to be impressed?

Seriously?

The two issues are independent of each other. Shady would not have had the opportunities to fail with points the if the season was played as scheduled. Nor would most teams with pro-prospect players be missing their pro-prospect. Shady is in a perfect storm for opportunity and he will eventually get to mediocrity.

SU has been hit hard by opt-outs and injuries. Shady would set himself if he faced SU's problems. And no, even his lying recruiting tactics would help him. I am upset that things have not progressed as well as I would like in Orangeland but such is life. Babers is addresses my issues. Babers knows he has to recruit some key players, and he knew it would be tough in Syracuse. However, praising Shady as if he is the second coming of Jesus is plain stupid. At best, Shady almost broke even in a watered down Old Big East. There is too much season left to give Shady the many on here give him.

Sure, SU has been playing bad, but there is a little something to their play. You may want to add that half of SU's starters are underclassmen gaining valuable experience (not happening in Shadytown!). Anyway, if you want to love Rutgers, go ahead. Just don't trash SU and make it a cause and ct argument.

My take: SU would score on Rutgers. Our D would hold them more than many think, and we would have at least a 50/50 shot at winning right now. Adversity builds winners. Shady has always been smoke and mirrors.

Rutgers right now kind of looks like Syracuse in 2009, Marrone made them competitive after GROB made them a laughingstock. we will see how things go for them next year and onward. Frankly, I will of course root for them to keep sucking, but all I am worried about is SU, we need to fix our situation and then all is ok with the world. if we don't, it sucks, no matter what RU is doing. agree with posts above, we HAVE to do a better job in the portal, we did a nice job bringing in AET and Jackson at WR and Dino's son in law for the O Line, we need multiple starters out of the portal this offseason, too many holes on this roster, particularly on the offensive side.

Time out:
Shady brought in transfers who are scoring against tOSU's waterboys and ball boys, every major team has taken hits on the opt-outs, points scored in clean up, etc. And this is compared with a team on their third QB, 5th/6th RBs, loss of three starters in the DBackfield, all new LBs, a patchwork quilt of an OL, and you want me to be impressed?

Seriously?

The two issues are independent of each other. Shady would not have had the opportunities to fail with points the if the season was played as scheduled. Nor would most teams with pro-prospect players be missing their pro-prospect. Shady is in a perfect storm for opportunity and he will eventually get to mediocrity.

SU has been hit hard by opt-outs and injuries. Shady would set himself if he faced SU's problems. And no, even his lying recruiting tactics would help him. I am upset that things have not progressed as well as I would like in Orangeland but such is life. Babers is addresses my issues. Babers knows he has to recruit some key players, and he knew it would be tough in Syracuse. However, praising Shady as if he is the second coming of Jesus is plain stupid. At best, Shady almost broke even in a watered down Old Big East. There is too much season left to give Shady the many on here give him.

Sure, SU has been playing bad, but there is a little something to their play. You may want to add that half of SU's starters are underclassmen gaining valuable experience (not happening in Shadytown!). Anyway, if you want to love Rutgers, go ahead. Just don't trash SU and make it a cause and ct argument.

My take: SU would score on Rutgers. Our D would hold them more than many think, and we would have at least a 50/50 shot at winning right now. Adversity builds winners. Shady has always been smoke and mirrors.
Man I wish there was a double like button.

Why are people trying to go out their way to show rutgers has improved with schiano? Why is this news? Its what I expected. Schiano is a better coach than Ash. Ash was their G Robinson. I expected his team to play hard, show college football they are no longer a joke but only win 1 or 2 games. They will still go 1-8 in the Big10. They are lucky they got 1 win when Mich st turned the ball over 7 times. Mich and penn st will not be this bad again.

Their offense is nothing special, they are just more effiicent than us. Their OC attempts trick plays but their Grad transfer QB is gutsy with a lot of limitations. They have no run game. Lets stop acting like they are this offensive juggernaut.

I dont see anything that makes me believe schiano can use the same formula he used in the big east to win in the big10 east. He couldnt even win the big east. Yes, are having a bad year and yes they are more competitive than us right now. How many positive things can we say about a 1-4 team? Lets focus on what we have to do to make sure this doesnt happen again. Dino can make the same moves Schiano did and put a different team on the field next year.

Last edited:
Time out:

Seriously?

Right on with this.

Vedral is a senior so is Melton, Pacheo is a jr but he might want to test the nfl draft waters. Most of their impact transfers will more than likely leave. Fogg who is a good player is gone too.
Don’t seniors get another year of eligibility because of COVID?

Pyle, don't eat the trash. I posted on this thread a few weeks ago with the same kind of info regarding Rutgers trending up and Cuse trending down and I was jumped on as well. Some folks can't take off their Orange colored glasses to see reality.
Its not orange colored glasses. We know how we look and what we have to change. Not sure why you are trying to sell us on rutgers. Im even more curious to understand why you think we should praise a 1-4 rutgers team knowing what type of this thread this is. Read the title again. If you are looking for rutgers sympathists your're not gonna find them in here.

Last edited:
Don’t seniors get another year of eligibility because of COVID?
Yes but it doesn't mean those guys are going to take it, they might want to pursue pro aspects or other career aspects, On the Rutgers board its being talked about that Schiano might not want some of them back.

Last edited:
Ppl are so up in arms about this fake season money grab of a season.

While I agree certain parties are grabbing for money (ESPN, conferences, some schools, etc.) I must admit that as a fan, I needed a relief from the COVID-19 ^%$#. You are correct, no one should be up in arms because it is a pseudo-season but we all needed a distraction and re-runs of 1980's TV shows was getting old.

Here's to hoping the vaccines get approved and work so we can get back to normal. You know, like whining about uniforms, parking, bad announcers, who is a real fan, football factories, SEC money, whether Rutgers has more than 10 actual fans...important things.

Why are people trying to go out their way to show rutgers has improved with schiano? Why is this news? Its what I expected. Schiano is a better coach than Ash. Ash was their G Robinson. I expected his team to play hard, show college football they are no longer a joke but only win 1 or 2 games. They will still go 1-8 in the Big10. They are lucky they got 1 win when Mich st turned the ball over 7 times. Mich and penn st will not be this bad again.

Their offense is nothing special, they are just more effiicent than us. Their OC attempts trick plays but their Grad transfer QB is gutsy with a lot of limitations. They have no run game. Lets stop acting like they are this offensive juggernaut.

I dont see anything that makes me believe schiano can use the same formula he used in the big east to win in the big10 east. He couldnt even win the big east. Yes, are having a bad year and yes they are more competitive than us right now. How many positive things can we say about a 1-4 team? Lets focus on what we have to do to make sure this doesnt happen again. Dino can make the same moves Schiano did and put a different team on the field next year.
Their OC sean gleeson came from oklahoma state where he was the OC, and saturday night when OSU got killed by OU their fans were pissed gundy let him leave. I think most people would agree when comparing our coaching staffs overall theres is much better. If rutgers had our schedule they'd make a bowl next year, lucky for us they don't and will probably be a much improved 4-8

Their OC sean gleeson came from oklahoma state where he was the OC, and saturday night when OSU got killed by OU their fans were pissed gundy let him leave. I think most people would agree when comparing our coaching staffs overall theres is much better. If rutgers had our schedule they'd make a bowl next year, lucky for us they don't and will probably be a much improved 4-8
Any OC would look good when you have Chuba running the ball. I don’t see anything great they are doing honestly. If they were playing with their 3rd QB and RB it would be just as ugly for them.

Gleeson is a good oc. I wouldn't say their staff is much better. If we are a much improved 4-8 next year we will be looking for a new coach.

Nope. Given the money issues Dino is not going anywhere unless 2021 is a 2 win or less disaster of a season, maybe not even then.
I wonder whether he has complete control under his contract over the hiring and retention of assistants.

Nope. Given the money issues Dino is not going anywhere unless 2021 is a 2 win or less disaster of a season, maybe not even then.
I wonder whether he has complete control under his contract over the hiring and retention of assistants.
So he goes 1-10 this year. Next year he wins 3 or 4 games and gets another year? Not happening. Wildhack will figure out something.

Scored a couple garbage time TDs against Ohio State, and jumped out to an early lead on a bad Michigan team.
Michigan is my 2nd team so I have seen just about every snap. Milton can't play if Harbaugh was smart enough to start McNamara they win the game going away.

Respectfully, this is a trash Rutgers thread. There are several opportunities to trash our own staff elsewhere. The two are independent topics and should not be confused as actual debate fodder. Assuming the impossible, that Rutgers could actually become a power team in the B1G East, it would still take decades to rub off the stench of 150 years of suckitude. Bash our Orange and Babers in other threads, not here.

I now return you to our regularly scheduled programming of trashing Rutgers on principle and reiterating the mere fact that they will never pay back what they have stolen from the student body and the New Jersey taxpayer.