The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 406 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Schiano brought in a bunch of transfers. If you want to prove your theory you could watch such classic Rutgers as the 52-0 pasting vs Michigan last year. Or the 35-0 loss to Indiana last year where they had 75 total yards of offense. Not in the quarter, no for *the game*
Yes he definitely upgraded the talent in some areas with the transfers. Listen I despise Rutgers and now Schiano again and I don’t want a repeat of last time. I’m not as worried as before because now there obviously in the big ten east and that’s a tough mountain to climb

I think if we were at full strength without the COVID I think we would beat Rutgers this season. It would be close but the playmakers we had on defense would be the difference

I think if we were at full strength without the COVID I think we would beat Rutgers this season. It would be close but the playmakers we had on defense would be the difference

Agree, if without Covid AND INJURIES.

Yea there’s some truth there but Rutgers did one thing that Syracuse does not like to do which is shelling out the cash.
Rutgers overall staff is very well paid so I would assume there pretty damn good coaches

Our current coaching salaries are competitive with mid-lower P5. Less worried about that with Wildhack

Honestly I'm sorry for saying anything and contributing to page 405 of this thread. It was my opinion based on watching both teams. But in reality comparing Ash's recruiting classes to Dino's is like arguing who the taller little person is (trying to be PC here...).

The numbers constantly said they had better classes than us and then they’d get 1 first down in a half while we were beating Clemson

seems conclusive

Our current coaching salaries are competitive with mid-lower P5. Less worried about that with Wildhack
That’s true but I heard that with all the coaching staff they went all out

That’s true but I heard that with all the coaching staff they went all out
They hired HS and low level CFB coaches. It may help in recruiting a couple key kids for a year or two and it may backfire. However, the coaches are not proven at the P5 level and it's a rather high dollar for unproven coaches.

Anyway, ADJW is likely to ensure SU has the resources necessary to move forward. He spent good money to replace two coordinators.

They hired HS and low level CFB coaches. It may help in recruiting a couple key kids for a year or two and it may backfire. However, the coaches are not proven at the P5 level and it's a rather high dollar for unproven coaches.

Anyway, ADJW is likely to ensure SU has the resources necessary to move forward. He spent good money to replace two coordinators.
Listen lol I am not sticking up for Rutgers!! I despise them! Idk the background of these guys because idc but I was just sayin that they spent a lot a $$$
But they wouldn’t be Rutgers if they made the right hire with all that money lol

That’s what I wanna hear!! Wildhack is the man for the job!!!

A 0-3 Illinois team didn’t have their QB because of Covid and beat rutgers with a freshman QB on his first start and he just got released from COVID protocol himself on Wednesday. The kid rushed for 200 yards and couldnt complete a forward pass. :)
The Illini QB I. Williams was a 4* recruit and will be good in the future and after watching this game, I think both would beat the Cuse.

The Illini QB I. Williams was a 4* recruit and will be good in the future and after watching this game, I think both would beat the Cuse.
He is a 4 star athlete. The announcer said the whole game that Illinois was the only team that would give him a shot at QB. You know what this thread is about and you are trying to shed light on a team we don’t like? Like really?

Last edited:
Not so sure. They are all awful, us included.

But laughing at Rutgers is ok no matter how bad we suck
Cuse are losing to teams that are healthy. Rutgers is healthy, has 7 transfer starters in their line up. losing to an 0-3 team who had to play their backup freshman QB . How does he think rutgers will look playing their 3rd QB, 5th RB, having multiple OL out along with starting 3 safeties out. rutgers board shows no pity on our 1-7 record. Why should we have pity for them?

He is a 4 star athlete. The announcer said the whole game that Illinois was the only team that would give him a shot at QB. You know what this thread is about and you are trying to shed light on a team we don’t like? Like really?
Just making a point and being originally from NJ, I dislike RU as much as any person on this site.