The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 418 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

More like defending himself when they squared up but w-t-f, I thought mom jokes went out in the 7th grade. in today's climate youre lucky you don't get shot. just remove yourself from trouble. that's nauseating to watch, hope he's ok.

Hope he’s ok. The kid throwing the punch is lucky he’s not in jail for manslaughter with the way the dude hit his head

and that's the other risk. tough guy is now certainly facing multiple felonies.

and that's the other risk. tough guy is now certainly facing multiple felonies.

Looks like only simple assault. More likely he will be sued civilly and that's where it will really hurt.

Looks like only simple assault. More likely he will be sued civilly and that's where it will really hurt.

They both squared up on each other. It was a one on one fair fight. The guy didn’t continue hitting him when the Rugers player went down. Not sure I see much issue with it. Old boy just got hit with a haymaker. It’s unfortunate but that can happen if you want to throw fists. Hopefully he’s OK and learns to fight or walk away.

I realize people get sued for less just stating I don’t see anything criminal about it.

They both squared up on each other. It was a one on one fair fight. The guy didn’t continue hitting him when the Rugers player went down. Not sure I see much issue with it. Old boy just got hit with a haymaker. It’s unfortunate but that can happen if you want to throw fists. Hopefully he’s OK and learns to fight or walk away.

I realize people get sued for less just stating I don’t see anything criminal about it.

I believe the article stated the dude was arrested.

I believe the article stated the dude was arrested.
I read that too. I guess I don’t see anything wrong if it was a fair fight and both were willing participants. 30 years ago the cops wouldn’t have responded.

I read that too. I guess I don’t see anything wrong if it was a fair fight and both were willing participants. 30 years ago the cops wouldn’t have responded.

That’s not true at all dude 30 years ago anybody who ended up in the hospital with a head injury from a fist fight the cops would’ve done something about it.

That’s not true at all dude 30 years ago anybody who ended up in the hospital with a head injury from a fist fight the cops would’ve done something about

People didn’t go to the hospital for getting knocked out 30 years ago. It happened all the time in fights, sports, skateboarding, bike riding, just being a knucklehead in general. You took a quick nap and had a headache for a few days. Now we know it’s much more serious than that but back then it wasn’t a big deal.

People didn’t go to the hospital for getting knocked out 30 years ago. It happened all the time in fights, sports, skateboarding, bike riding, just being a knucklehead in general. You took a quick nap and had a headache for a few days. Now we know it’s much more serious than that but back then it wasn’t a big deal.
Exactly. I saw a few one punch fights in the 80s/early 90s (so, about 30 years ago). The friends of the loser always helped him up and tended to him and everyone carried on after a few minutes talking about what happened. Never an ambulance, never the cops. Times have definitely changed.

Exactly. I saw a few one punch fights in the 80s/early 90s (so, about 30 years ago). The friends of the loser always helped him up and tended to him and everyone carried on after a few minutes talking about what happened. Never an ambulance, never the cops. Times have definitely changed.
I saw some one punch fights in the 80/90’s as well. But I also had two friends die from falling and hitting their head. One got up and walked home and went to sleep never to wake up.

When one hits their head it’s probably better to err on the side of caution but I feel there probably shouldn’t be charged filed in a situation like this one if everyone is fine

People look at the past the wrong way b/c everyone connects the “good old days” = tougher. If there were cellphones and videos of everything 30 yrs ago plus knowledge of head injuries, the reaction would be the same as it is today. It has nothing to do with people being tougher.

Kids still get knocked out at parties today, get helped up and the party continues on. I work in a school, I hear the stories every Monday. We see a small sampling of life in the news and social media and paint that as the picture of how things are.

Isn’t that shaved gorilla notorious for pressuring recruits to commit
say what u want the guy can recruit. we need to crush them this year. he has a very good class coming in next year. he has pretty fair coaching staff. i am curious to see if shady has learned to leave the offense alone. he was a notorious micro manager. i am very curious as well to see if babers has learned anything.--
i think this is a make or break year for him---