The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 421 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

It is INSANE to me that Abdul Adam’s is the 4th string RB. I’m not saying he should be higher, I’m saying that’s INSANE.
I watched him play in person at OU a few years ago, before he injured his ankle and lost the starting role. He was/is electric when he has a line. He has a line and I like all the RBs. HE should see teh field and spell Tucker.

I watched him play in person at OU a few years ago, before he injured his ankle and lost the starting role. He was/is electric when he has a line. He has a line and I like all the RBs. HE should see teh field and spell Tucker.
If we beat Rutgers it will be with our RBs. Adam’s being 4th string is a big part of that.

How could this kid have enough credits to be cleared by the NCAA?

Sidenote I had no idea this kid was committed to Ruckers but he had one of the poorest showings at the Elite 11. Really struggled.
From nj.com

Wimsatt took extra, expedited courses in recent weeks to secure the necessary credits to graduate a few months earlier than expected — he originally planned to enroll at Rutgers in January. He completed his work this week in order to enter Rutgers by a mid-week deadline for schedule changes. Wimsatt is already listed as a student in the university directory and is expected to be en route to New Jersey by Sunday.

From nj.com

Wimsatt took extra, expedited courses in recent weeks to secure the necessary credits to graduate a few months earlier than expected — he originally planned to enroll at Rutgers in January. He completed his work this week in order to enter Rutgers by a mid-week deadline for schedule changes. Wimsatt is already listed as a student in the university directory and is expected to be en route to New Jersey by Sunday.
So basically if a non athlete wanted to do this, would they do the same for the non athlete?

From nj.com

To add to that, his family approached RU about enrolling now, not the other way around

The family probably saw an opportunity to make the NIL money
And the player gets about 4 extra months with the program to adjust and learn the system

I guess we will see a lot more of this, players enrolling a year early, since courses can be taken on line and easier to finish up the requirements, and endorsement money looming now

I don't think a lot of players who normally should be high school seniors are ready for college ball, I doubt he sees the field much, maybe a few mop handoffs, limited to 4 games , while red shirting

To add to that, his family approached RU about enrolling now, not the other way around

And the player gets about 4 extra months with the program to adjust and learn the system

I guess we will see a lot more of this, players enrolling a year early, since courses can be taken on line and easier to finish up the requirements, and endorsement money looming now

I don't think a lot of players who normally should be high school seniors are ready for college ball, I doubt he sees the field much, maybe a few mop handoffs, limited to 4 games , while red shirting
So, he’s thinking his NIL will increase at Rutgers or

So what's he going to be, a walk-on. The NCAA has certain set signing periods to sign an NLI and receive an athletic scholarship.

So what's he going to be, a walk-on. The NCAA has certain set signing periods to sign an NLI and receive an athletic scholarship.
He’s technically reclassified to 2021. NLI doesn’t even come into play anymore

He’s technically reclassified to 2021. NLI doesn’t even come into play anymore
They still have to sign an NLI but the date was extended this year to 8/1/2021.

Also he still has to be cleared by the NCAA Eligibility Center in order to receive a scholarship and play.

Last edited:

Were his courses available to take online? I know for my kids, online classes aren't an option anymore. Same thing for my students. In NJ we stopped that at the end of last school year. I'm also curious about the questions CL brought up as well.

They still have to sign an NLI but the date was extended this year to 8/1/2021.

Also he still has to be cleared by the NCAA Eligibility Center in order to receive a scholarship and play.
He signed financial aid papers. That takes the place of the NLI and he already cleared the NCAA

I remember in Marrone's first year, it was late in the year and we were injury-ravaged and Rutgers came in ranked. We still manhandled them and won going away. That was a fun day.

Oh crap, you mentioned Marrone doing well. That’s going to rile some people up. Ugh.

Was that the game Doug Hogue went absolutely ballistic and had some of the best hits I’d seen in a long time at that point? Who was the other LB that also had some great plays/hits?

Oh crap, you mentioned Marrone doing well. That’s going to rile some people up. Ugh.

Was that the game Doug Hogue went absolutely ballistic and had some of the best hits I’d seen in a long time at that point? Who was the other LB that also had some great plays/hits?
I think it was the guy who recently was an assistant coach for Colgate, his name escapes me for the minute

Last edited: