The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 454 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

big difference between running your offense and working on some new run blocking schemes versus a fake punt up 35.
was it a fake punt or the better play to run when the other team is selling out to block a punt.. Punters can get hurt in those spots too.. Rutgers could have gone safe and the punter would have kicked it.

big difference between running your offense and working on some new run blocking schemes versus a fake punt up 35.
it wasn't a fake punt, if Rutgers hadn't sent their punt block unit after the kid, he wouldn't have taken off when he saw the entire side of the field open. the play call was for the kid to punt and if Shitano, the guy who thought it was a great idea to knock over Eli Manning when he was kneeling the clock out, hadn't gone all out for the block when the game was beyond over, then it wouldn't have happened. the punter didn't deserve to get the cheap shot, and Shitano doesn't deserve to be coaching football

was it a fake punt or the better play to run when the other team is selling out to block a punt.. Punters can get hurt in those spots too.. Rutgers could have gone safe and the punter would have kicked it.
this 100%, Ryan Day didn't call for a fake punt, the kid just did the smart thing when Shitano decided to try and block the punt, like that was going to turn the game around. screw him.

it wasn't a fake punt, if Rutgers hadn't sent their punt block unit after the kid, he wouldn't have taken off when he saw the entire side of the field open. the play call was for the kid to punt and if Shitano, the guy who thought it was a great idea to knock over Eli Manning when he was kneeling the clock out, hadn't gone all out for the block when the game was beyond over, then it wouldn't have happened. the punter didn't deserve to get the cheap shot, and Shitano doesn't deserve to be coaching football
I wonder if Shady designed that play himself. They must have counted on the punter just standing there and letting the punt get blocked. Obviously the punter saw the overload and started moving to the open side when he saw there was absolutely nobody there.

I just disagree. Throwing a 98 mph fastball at somebody also has some risk to it. Like I said, I don't have issue with any of it but I do take issue with trying to compare the fake punt to Syracuse running their starters out for a series in the 2nd half.

The hit was 100% late but punter saw it coming and it was a shoulder to the body, he will be fine. As far as cheap shots go it was a 4 out of 10. don't run your punter on a fake up 35
It was the punters decision based on Rutgers bad attempt at a block. Does not justify a dirty hit.

Rutgahs brought it on themselves by trying for the block. If they just had the 2 ends and the middle guy straight rush, with the others holding their guy up at the line, like you see on every punt setting up a return, the punter would have kicked it.

Rutgahs brought it on themselves by trying for the block. If they just had the 2 ends and the middle guy straight rush, with the others holding their guy up at the line, like you see on every punt setting up a return, the punter would have kicked it.
Exactly. There was no intention to fake punt. OSU punter wasnt trying to get his punt blocked and why wouldnt he run for 2 yards if there is no defender in sight?

Rutgers is again a victim of their own stupidity.
Are they really a victim of their own stupidity any more? At some point aren't they accountable for their own failure to learn from their failures? And if not, isn't that the definition of incompetence wherein a court takes their right away from Rutgers to make decisions for themselves because they only hurt themselves and others. just sayin'... :p

...and the B1G has been known to produce a few lawyers, if not good enough, they certainly have enough $$$$ to buy a few Ivy League attorneys to make this work. :cool:

Are they really a victim of their own stupidity any more? At some point aren't they accountable for their own failure to learn from their failures? And if not, isn't that the definition of incompetence wherein a court takes their right away from Rutgers to make decisions for themselves because they only hurt themselves and others. just sayin'... :p

...and the B1G has been known to produce a few lawyers, if not good enough, they certainly have enough $$$$ to buy a few Ivy League attorneys to make this work. :cool:
You rest your case.

I am picturing Schiano representing himself in court looking like the unfrozen caveman lawyer.

Did anyone else watch the Barstool show? It would be pretty cool if they came here next season.

Rutgers redefines "sell out" by giving. away 15,000 tickets. In other news, most people in SHI*Stadium wearing red will be fans of Nebraska.

I don't recall ever being a Cornhusker fan, but I am this weekend.
Tune in at 7 lol