The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 453 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

What's also ridiculous is listening to folks here justifying the punter's actions. Oh the lane was open blah blah blah. How many 40 point blowouts do you watch mid 4th quarter where the lane is open? All day long at that juncture, my friend. There is a reason why punters don't avail themselves of that lane in that situation. And if the punter was so justified in his actions then why was his coach apologetic after the game?

Funny thing is many of these same fans would be moanin' til the cows came home if SU was in the same spot.
So, what you mean is the punter should have allowed the punt to be blocked. If you are getting blown out and keep trying stuff like you have a chance to win, then the other team should play like the game is close.

lol he went to the other side of the field to break up the fight and separate his players. Look, I get the hate but can the haters at least pretend to be objective?

So I've stayed out of this one, because I hate both schools...

But I didn't see Schiano come across the field to break up the fight and separate his players. Looked to me like he made a beeline for Day.

I'm sure the B1G is reviewing, curious what actions they'll take.

Lol

That’s awesome. When you can name your punter the player of the game because you played Rutgers. That’s a huge middle finger. Love it.

I don't mind the punter taking the low hanging fruit as I am sure that is what is coached if you see that much daylight but I 100% don't mind the late hit either, he deserved it.
SU should have just taken a knee the whole second half, then. After all, they were running offense trying to score, when the game was out of hand.
By your "logic", Shrader and Tucker deserved any late hits that Wagner might have wanted to administer. Got it.

SU should have just taken a knee the whole second half, then. After all, they were running offense trying to score, when the game was out of hand.
By your "logic", Shrader and Tucker deserved any late hits that Wagner might have wanted to administer. Got it.

big difference between running your offense and working on some new run blocking schemes versus a fake punt up 35.

Just the way I feel about it. Just like when a pitcher knows when it's time to throw at a hitter. no need to talk about it, it just gets done

Hitting a batter with a pitch and hitting a guy well out of bounds when he’s not expecting it are two different things. One has the potential to have long term physical impacts.

Also in fairness, Rutgers overloaded one side to try to block the punt and potentially hit the punter as he’s kicking. Can’t blame the punter for not wanting to get hit and taking off.

Hitting a batter with a pitch and hitting a guy well out of bounds when he’s not expecting it are two different things. One has the potential to have long term physical impacts.

Also in fairness, Rutgers overloaded one side to try to block the punt and potentially hit the punter as he’s kicking. Can’t blame the punter for not wanting to get hit and taking off.

I just disagree. Throwing a 98 mph fastball at somebody also has some risk to it. Like I said, I don't have issue with any of it but I do take issue with trying to compare the fake punt to Syracuse running their starters out for a series in the 2nd half.

The hit was 100% late but punter saw it coming and it was a shoulder to the body, he will be fine. As far as cheap shots go it was a 4 out of 10. don't run your punter on a fake up 35

Last edited: