The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 494 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

They are throwing nil money at the recruits. Look at their basketball recruiting.
I feel Fran is calculated in how nil is used. I trust Fran’s evaluation on talent versus a recruiting website. If he evaluates two players and see their skills equal why would he use large nil because a recruiting service rated one player higher.
The other problem is if you over pay for high school players your existing players may be upset if they are paid less which will affect team chemistry.
I think using nil for your existing players and proven portal players is a better strategy.
The majority of the NIL money RU spends goes towards the retention of players already on the team, not the newcomers

This year they lost only one player to the portal that played

Last edited:
It’s easy to badmouth Rutgers recruiting, but they have seven four star recruits and we have ZERO. Fran has greatly upgraded our recruiting, but he’s not getting top, high end recruits, at least not yet. Class is now 32. I doubt this class ends up top 40 unless our recruits blow up and all get upgraded. That doesn’t happen very often. Winning will help, but how does that explain Rutgers recruiting?
unfortunately we seem to be losing some commitments as well.

unfortunately we seem to be losing some commitments as well.

LOL. Who’s “we”?
You’re a not-so-closeted SUNJ shill.

Cuse lost a LS who had been committed for about 15 minutes.
Whatevs.

And 2 other guys who were academic non-qualifiers.

Fran still has our best crootin class in decades lined up, and is already ahead of the game on the future classes.

Just a quick question, 6-6 is that in top 10 record for them? Maybe top 5?

LOL. Who’s “we”?
You’re a not-so-closeted SUNJ shill.

Cuse lost a LS who had been committed for about 15 minutes.
Whatevs.

And 2 other guys who were academic non-qualifiers.

Fran still has our best crootin class in decades lined up, and is already ahead of the game on the future classes.
agree with the first part of the last sentence. i remember when babers was hired most everyone was on the band wagon with him. syracuse the new fast???? and other stuff. sorry i take Any new guy on the block with cautious hopeful optimism. yes, at the moment he has recruited better than your decades statement. good for us, also at the moment. Good enough? i reserve a few years before i get to excited. these days it maybe who has the got the money that calls the shot.
the sched is somewhat favorable this year. which is good as everyone is new players, coaches. admin personnel etc.
yes i do watch very closely our recruiting rivals . no denying rutgers is crushing it in football and basketbell . yes nil money is probably involved. yes schiano has been a bad coach. pike is not. other than syracuse and rutgers i do not watch d1 football anymore. it imho has been ruined for me due to nil.
same with hoops.

agree with the first part of the last sentence. i remember when babers was hired most everyone was on the band wagon with him. syracuse the new fast???? and other stuff. sorry i take Any new guy on the block with cautious hopeful optimism. yes, at the moment he has recruited better than your decades statement. good for us, also at the moment. Good enough? i reserve a few years before i get to excited. these days it maybe who has the got the money that calls the shot.
the sched is somewhat favorable this year. which is good as everyone is new players, coaches. admin personnel etc.
yes i do watch very closely our recruiting rivals . no denying rutgers is crushing it in football and basketbell . yes nil money is probably involved. yes schiano has been a bad coach. pike is not. other than syracuse and rutgers i do not watch d1 football anymore. it imho has been ruined for me due to nil.
same with hoops.
so you're going to wait a few years before you get too excited about us, but Schiano has racked up these records and you fall all over yourself. Never change tippster. ;) :p

2020Greg Schiano3–63–65th (East)
2021Greg Schiano5–82–76th (East)L Gator
2022Greg Schiano4–81–87th (East)
2023Greg Schiano7–63–65th (East)W Pinstripe

Last edited:
same with hoops.
We can all crap on Babers but he at least won 10 games and beat ranked teams. Can’t remember the last big win Greg had.

You can be excited for Greg’s NIL recruiting class. It’s also ok to get excited about the way Cuse closed out the 2024 cycle and how they started this cycle because I don’t recall you making comments about that.

We can all crap on Babers but he at least won 10 games and beat ranked teams. Can’t remember the last big win Greg had.
THURSDAY NIGHT!!!
1720794459056.jpeg

This was literally the pinnacle of SUNJ football's entire program history.
Let's not forget their NC in football 1869. Though it was technically a shared title and the only two schools that played that season each beat the other, but who cares about facts. Oh, and it was more soccer than football, too. (Sarcasm off)

You can be excited for Greg’s NIL recruiting class. It’s also ok to get excited about the way Cuse closed out the 2024 cycle and how they started this cycle because I don’t recall you making comments about that.
I think he came in third in a smartest gorilla contest (shaved division).

Let's not forget their NC in football 1869. Though it was technically a shared title and the only two schools that played that season each beat the other, but who cares about facts. Oh, and it was more soccer than football, too. (Sarcasm off)
Yes. The first game of college football that people today would recognize as football was Harvard-McGill in 1874.

Yes. The first game of college football that people today would recognize as football was Harvard-McGill in 1874.
I don’t think anyone considers whatever it is Rutgers played with Princeton a modern football game. Except maybe some Rutgers deviants desperate for finding something redeeming about that unfortunate institution.

Thank you McGill for football. Thank you Rutgers for being the Washington Generals of college sports.