The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 495 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

And so ends the best season in RU history. By a large margin.

Sorry this happened to this kid. These athletes make enormous sacrifices to get to play in 12 or 13 games each year. Really sad when their season ends in August.

Is RutgersAl going to be okay? Al, you can come to our tailgate and hang with us any time. You would look really good in orange. I have a shirt that would fit your perfectly.

And so ends the best season in RU history. By a large margin.

Sorry this happened to this kid. These athletes make enormous sacrifices to get to play in 12 or 13 games each year. Really sad when their season ends in August.

Is RutgersAl going to be okay? Al, you can come to our tailgate and hang with us any time. You would look really good in orange. I have a shirt that would fit your perfectly.
They were due a bad break after being given the ultimate gift of a conference schedule this year.

They were due a bad break after being given the ultimate gift of a conference schedule this year.
I think losing Hobbs was their first bad break. Toure the second. Waiting for the third to drop (watch it be Harper related in the hoops side).

I think losing Hobbs was their first bad break. Toure the second. Waiting for the third to drop (watch it be Harper related in the hoops side).
True.

Read that the buy out to get Pickell away from Rutgers is halved now that Hobbs is gone.

I suspect someone with a big bank account is going to go shopping for a basketball coach and try and take him. The timing here is at least good in that presumably no one is in the market for a new basketball coach at this point in the year.

People talk about our schedule being weak, but theirs is ridiculous.
Well
Previous couple of years it seemed to be in the top 5 or so toughest
I expect both Cuse and RU to start well. VTech will be very tough though
RU will be underdogs for about Half of the schedule

True.

Read that the buy out to get Pickell away from Rutgers is halved now that Hobbs is gone.

I suspect someone with a big bank account is going to go shopping for a basketball coach and try and take him. The timing here is at least good in that presumably no one is in the market for a new basketball coach at this point in the year.
He has two Five star players coming in, arguably the top two seniors out of high school
I think he waits on that

He has two Five star players coming in, arguably the top two seniors out of high school
I think he waits on that
Agreed. I don't think anything will happen until around the end of the 2024-25 regular season (if it happens at all).

The timing is all wrong for a coaching change right now.

Cover story
Yeah let's not do this weird vague conspiracy BS, especially when it's saying he stepped down due to health. Are you people listening to yourselves?