The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 505 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

They don't do humble well, so I don't think they would be humble about it. I think it would read something like, "We had a coach, so we couldn't have taken him, but as soon as we had an opening, we were easily able to get him out of Cuse because who wants to be there and who wouldn't rather be here?" No humility and they would completely ignore that they were non-believers and even suggest that they didn't think he would be successful at SU, but were always certain he could succeed at a place like Rutgers, with B1G money and facilities behind him. This is coming too easy for me. I think I have been infected by them for too long.

Schady isn't going anywhere.

Dunno about that...

A fair number of their forum faithful declared Brown nothing more that a "social media" hire and that he would fail miserably as a head coach here... and he would be found out quickly and it would end in tears.

There'd be a lot eating humble pie to want Fran. They don't do humble well.
Fran knows history and wouldn't want to be anywhere near that continuous dumpster fire. He spent his time there, and moved up. Why would he want to step back down?

Schady isn't going anywhere.
This is correct. No way the school/state approves it and I don't see enough donors lining up to pay his exit fee.

Plus, you know, the money to get a new coach. Unless they raise the student fees again!

They are the only P4 team in the playoff era without a win vs a ranked team … true story. Over a decade :)

They are the only P4 program to not be ranked in the AP poll in the playoff era.

I wonder how many haven’t in ranked in an actual CFB Playoff poll? If I have time I want to look it up. Vandy and Rutgers to start.

Edit
Looks like Cal, Maryland, Texas Tech as well. B1G leading the way.

Last edited:
They are the only P4 program to not be ranked in the AP poll in the playoff era.

I wonder how many haven’t in ranked in an actual CFB Playoff poll? If I have time I want to look it up. Vandy and Rutgers to start.
Vandy is ranked this week

Vandy is ranked this week

CFB playoff poll hasn’t started yet.

Edit

It is possible that Texas Tech and Vandy get ranked this year when the Playoff Poll starts. It would be great if they do. That way we can all laugh at the B1G for having 2 of the 3 teams that have not been ranked. Also what a great job adding those two teams back in 2014. On top of that we could use it in recruiting against those two. Don't go there they have never been ranked.

Last edited:
They all love to say he is “a leader of men”, “a father figure” , “a program builder”.

then they go their separate ways of whether or not they should anoint him “coach for life” or “fire him immediately”.

They almost universally call him a program builder, yet their program has been mostly a dumpster fire since 06. If he was a “program builder”, they would not have tanked under Flood and Ash, because the program “would have been built“. DUH! There is zero logic on that board.

He is a snake oil salesman that has the majority of their fanbase duped in one way or another. And they think it unless they spend more than $6 Million, they can’t get anyone better.

Shady and that delusional fan base deserve each other.

They all love to say he is “a leader of men”, “a father figure” , “a program builder”.

then they go their separate ways of whether or not they should anoint him “coach for life” or “fire him immediately”.

They almost universally call him a program builder, yet their program has been mostly a dumpster fire since 06. If he was a “program builder”, they would not have tanked under Flood and Ash, because the program “would have been built“. DUH! There is zero logic on that board.

He is a snake oil salesman that has the majority of their fanbase duped in one way or another. And they think it unless they spend more than $6 Million, they can’t get anyone better.

They were brainwashed to believe in him. rutgers fans look at schiano like the abusive husband who says he won't do it anymore.

Whats nuts is that we are close to 1000 pages on Rutgers but none of us consider them rivals

It's not about rivals but more about marveling at some of the most delusional or outright dumb football fans in the country.

They are also a recruiting competitor or will be on specific recruiting targets. That's just basic reality

Plus, now that we have Fran in charge (a south Jersey/Philly guy) recruiting the region becomes more interesting. His recruiting connections in the area and our recruiting success will be, in part, due to our ability to outrecruit them in Jersey and PA.

Rutgers fans will tell you it's not important as they are a B10 team that recruits nationally (with their big boy pants on) but anyone with a realistic football pulse knows a successful recruiting strategy includes both national recruiting and locking up key recruits from your local region as well.

Last edited:

Part of the blame needs to go to the recruiting sites that continually overrate their recruits. If they graded them more accurately, their fans would understand.

Just wondering what Rutgers fans plan on doing on November 13th to mark the 15 year anniversary of their last Top 25 victory.

That kind of futility cannot be underestimated and needs to be celebrated in some fashion.
They will be lighting up the Burlington County Landfill a lovely shade of scarlet. It will be visible all the way to NYC.

They will be lighting up the Burlington County Landfill a lovely shade of scarlet. It will be visible all the way to NYC.
The RU football gradudate assistants have been working for months to train the rats at the landfill to form a giant R as part of the celebration.

It is going to be epic.

Rat GIF by MOODMAN

I know... wet blanket here, but Burlington County is actually pretty nice and includes 2 State Forests. Now Warren, Salem, and Cumberland... those are a different story. Middlesex, where Rutgers is, that's a real mixed bag at best. New Brunswick itself is not the prettiest place IMO.

Doing my part to push to 600 pages

I know... wet blanket here, but Burlington County is actually pretty nice and includes 2 State Forests. Now Warren, Salem, and Cumberland... those are a different story. Middlesex, where Rutgers is, that's a real mixed bag at best. New Brunswick itself is not the prettiest place IMO.

Doing my part to push to 600 pages
I live in Middlesex Co.. Don't blame me, I married a Jersey Girl.

Not for nothing, but Politi has completely thrown Schady under the bus in his latest article, so maybe the worm is starting to turn...

It will likely be a long 6 years, LOL.