The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I've never seen a program so wildly out of control before.

Imagine what goes on behind the scenes the media never hears about

Word is Carroo punched a woman. Not sure how true it is but that's what is going around.

They are setting up Flood to get fired for cause...they'll try to upgrade coaching with their new B1G $$$
Flood did this on his own......He thought he was playing in the SEC.

If you guys are calling this a Dumpster fire thread,then you need to go over and read theirs...
eating-popcorn-smiley-emoticon.gif

From what I can gather, Carroo had a female relative involved in a confrontation, heard about it while he was in the football lockerrooms. Though a teammate tried to restrain him, he jumped into the middle of the fight and apparently struck the other woman. Some RU posters believe he will be dismissed and could impact his draft status when it all comes out. My guess is someone captured it on video.

and this is what i meant by their fans are fkn crazy.

why are the home fans fighting with the home players? What?

why would any NJ player stay home and play for these lunatics.
Well, a guy on our board said the worst fistfight he ever saw in the stands at Scott Stadium was two NC State fans duking it out with each other. He said the UVa fans just sat there with their jaws in their laps until the constabulary came. Alcohol is a mysterious drug.

Christie: Media making too much of Rutgers 'disciplinary problems'

"They're dealing with disciplinary problems with teenagers. This is not shocking, you know, I'm a father of four (and) having disciplinary problems with teenagers is the normal course on a college campus,..,"

Anyone have the ages of the arrested/suspended players handy?

c043147a5e48627f9c51ca6cca5f90d6.jpg

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/09/christie_rutgers.html

Christie: Media making too much of Rutgers 'disciplinary problems'

"They're dealing with disciplinary problems with teenagers. This is not shocking, you know, I'm a father of four (and) having disciplinary problems with teenagers is the normal course on a college campus,..,"

Anyone have the ages of the arrested/suspended players handy?

c043147a5e48627f9c51ca6cca5f90d6.jpg

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/09/christie_rutgers.html

Good point Chris, because breaking into peoples homes, and punching women, are just your average "teenage" Problems.

I took a visit to their board to read about any inside scoop on the fight and the general despair about the program. I found the following posts:

Post #1 - The sad reality of this incident is that everyone involved - EVERYONE - is connected to the team, either directly or peripherally. And there were a LOT of people involved.

Post #2 - The microscope they are under was clearly explained to them, in person, by Ray Rice back in April.
3 days later the armed robberies started.

Apparently the fight took place almost 45 mins after the game at the Hale Center where the players and staff come out of after every game. Supposedly families of the players were involved. One of the rumors is that the fight was between two women, one of which was related to Caroo and he jumped into the middle of it!

On a tangential note - this coming Saturday my family is hosting a fundraising benefit for the foundation we started in memory of my wife who passed away from cancer 6 yrs ago. One of the events at the benefit is a silent auction. Since we live in the "heart of" Rutgers territory one of my sons approached the Rutgers Football Marketing department and they donated 4 tickets to the Maryland game plus a lot of other swag which would appeal to any Rutgers fan (total value $275). Not sure if we will be able to give away this item!

From what I can gather, Carroo had a female relative involved in a confrontation, heard about it while he was in the football lockerrooms. Though a teammate tried to restrain him, he jumped into the middle of the fight and apparently struck the other woman. Some RU posters believe he will be dismissed and could impact his draft status when it all comes out. My guess is someone captured it on video.

F.A.M.L.Y

The gift that keeps on giving.

Indeed. But, this board is sometimes wracked with misery, wondering what we may have done to anger the football gods, deserving bad breaks- be they literally the bones of our whiz-bang players or just the kind that tend to happen with decommits, poor officiating, or malfunctioning bladders and kegel muscles at our beloved pee troughs.

At other times, we get chastised by fellow board members because we celebrate Rutgers' misfotunes, because, c'mon guys, no program is totally clean, yada yada yada.

It occurs to me karma could be a player in our misfortune.

But seeing Rutgers (Or UConn, or Penn State) take a tumble is so dang satisfying that I just can't begin to conceive of any alternative. I just don't know if I could bring myself to choose between an undefeated SU National Championship football season or Rutgers being a lasting success of any kind.

If enjoying seeing Rutgers implode angers the football gods, I don't really care about making them happy.

Reading between the lines of what is going on there from their board, I am now thinking the NCAA is going to take a hard look at their academics and drug testing program

Reading between the lines of what is going on there from their board, I am now thinking the NCAA is going to take a hard look at their academics and drug testing program

But, but, but they have a Top-10 APR.

Indeed. But, this board is sometimes wracked with misery, wondering what we may have done to anger the football gods, deserving bad breaks- be they literally the bones of our whiz-bang players or just the kind that tend to happen with decommits, poor officiating, or malfunctioning bladders and kegel muscles at our beloved pee troughs.

At other times, we get chastised by fellow board members because we celebrate Rutgers' misfotunes, because, c'mon guys, no program is totally clean, yada yada yada.

It occurs to me karma could be a player in our misfortune.

But seeing Rutgers (Or UConn, or Penn State) take a tumble is so dang satisfying that I just can't begin to conceive of any alternative. I just don't know if I could bring myself to choose between an undefeated SU National Championship football season or Rutgers being a lasting success of any kind.

If enjoying seeing Rutgers implode angers the football gods, I don't really care about making them happy.
if you genuinely have a hard time choosing between a Syracuse undefeated national championship season and Rutgers being a lasting success, then you are not a Syracuse fan, you are a Rutgers anti-fan.

Apparently the fight took place almost 45 mins after the game at the Hale Center where the players and staff come out of after every game. Supposedly families of the players were involved. One of the rumors is that the fight was between two women, one of which was related to Caroo and he jumped into the middle of it!
Had to wash up after peeking at their board, but the rumor I saw most often was that the fight Caroo jumped into was between his girlfriend and his side piece. Apparently, he's now picked one.