The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Is the NCAA even involved? I haven't heard one mention.

They are submitting their findings to the NCAA as required. So, if they weren't involved, they soon will be.

i am a fan of flood. he has been abused by the grossly immature rookie fanbase since he took over. schiano took every coach with him. flood started from scratch, saved their recruiting class and quite frankly is a much better coach than the fake schiano, ever was. i feel bad for him, as he is a scapegoat for a dysfunctional ad, and he tried to legitimately help a student. on the upside for me i hope we get a couple of jersey guys because of it. when i was in grad school at ru they had a coach named frank burns --he was an awesome coach --he applied to syracuse when ben left---to my dismay he did not get the job

i am a fan of flood. he has been abused by the grossly immature rookie fanbase since he took over. schiano took every coach with him. flood started from scratch, saved their recruiting class and quite frankly is a much better coach than the fake schiano, ever was. i feel bad for him, as he is a scapegoat for a dysfunctional ad, and he tried to legitimately help a student. on the upside for me i hope we get a couple of jersey guys because of it. when i was in grad school at ru they had a coach named frank burns --he was an awesome coach --he applied to syracuse when ben left---to my dismay he did not get the job

Doe Pat Forde read our board?

"The Big Ten appears to be stuck with the dumpster fire that is Rutgers for a long time to come."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rutger...ues-to-drag-down-big-ten-010806500-ncaaf.html

59679_h_jpg,qitok=8r9ibxeG_pagespeed_ce_4s8APzqQTg.jpg

wait wait wait...you actually think Flood contacting the professor and then having a face to face meeting with the professor, and then editing the player's paper in an attempt to get a better grade to become academically eligible, was about helping the kid and not about getting a good player eligible to help the team win? That is stunningly naive.

If he truly cared about the kid, he'd have used the failing grade as a teaching moment to lead to better and more responsible study habits that will serve him far better in the real world. Bailing out the kid's academic mistakes in actively harming the kid longterm.

This thread is a runaway train and I love it.
wait wait wait...you actually think Flood contacting the professor and then having a face to face meeting with the professor, and then editing the player's paper in an attempt to get a better grade to become academically eligible, was about helping the kid and not about getting a good player eligible to help the team win? That is stunningly naive.

If he truly cared about the kid, he'd have used the failing grade as a teaching moment to lead to better and more responsible study habits that will serve him far better in the real world. Bailing out the kid's academic mistakes in actively harming the kid longterm.

BINGO... flood only cared because it was a 4-star starter. Third string does not get a clandestine meeting in Princeton. haha

This thread is a runaway train and I love it.

BINGO... flood only cared because it was a 4-star starter. Third string does not get a clandestine meeting in Princeton. haha

The fact he did it clandestine-like was not to benefit or help the player other, rather he was interested in helping himself out.

That Forde column about Rutgers/B1G was awesome. And I greatly dislike Forde.

Love this zinger:

"Of all the realignment maneuvers of the past five years, adding the Scarlet Knights is liking signing up for a lifetime case of poison ivy rash."

Ba BOOM.