The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

ru.jpg

Maybe they should change the slogan along the wall from RU RAH RAH to RU RAH WAY

An observation from the Georgia Tech board (which BTW has one of the best discussion threads on the buisness of college sports) - The embarrassment the B1G is currently experiencing because of the "unpleasantness" in New Brunswick "is what happens when you want New York, and you get New Jersey."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-...rpaid--underpaid-coaches-050823033-ncaaf.html

MATCH MADE IN DUMPSTER FIRE HEAVEN

If your idea of fun is watching trains collide, feast your eyes upon Rutgers-Kansas (34) on Saturday. The Scarlet Knights (1-2) are a complete mess – their coach and best player are suspended, they dismissed six players from the team earlier this month, and they’re coming off consecutive losses. And yet they’re favored by two touchdowns over the inept Jayhawks. Wow.

Kansas couldn’t win at home against South Dakota or Memphis, so now it takes its rickety show on the road – a place where the Jayhawks have lost 30 consecutive times. David Beaty, the fifth Kansas coach since 2009 (if you include 2014 interim Cliff Bowen) walked straight into quicksand taking this job. The only humane thing the school can do is give him a minimum of five years to dig out, because Year 1 stands a solid chance of ending 0-12.

Dash pick: Rutgers 2, Kansas 0.

What NFL G.M. would want to deal with a mother like that. That's just nuts !

An observation from the Georgia Tech board (which BTW has one of the best discussion threads on the buisness of college sports) - The embarrassment the B1G is currently experiencing because of the "unpleasantness" in New Brunswick "is what happens when you want New York, and you get New Jersey."

Easy Hoos fan. Most of your school's illustrious soccer and lacrosse success is on the backs of a lot of fine NJ athletes. Funny line, but the main reason we all trash Rutgers (and I do condone trashing them) is because we want the NJ athletes. The B1G wanted easier access to it also.

Easy Hoos fan. Most of your school's illustrious soccer and lacrosse success is on the backs of a lot of fine NJ athletes. Funny line, but the main reason we all trash Rutgers (and I do condone trashing them) is because we want the NJ athletes. The B1G wanted easier access to it also.

everybody already had access to the talent because none of it stayed home. the 10 just wanted the subscribers.

No we trash Rutgers because they are delusional, their biggest highlight was a Thursday night win over an over-rated #3 team in Louisville. Yet they beat their chests like they are entitled. To top it off their entire AD is a complete mess, they hired an AD with serious question marks, their coaches go completely rogue insulting players, throwing crap at them, engaging professors, editing papers, and their team has lost almost 10% of their players this year to arrest over the course of 4 weeks. Given all of that they still think they are god's gift to football. That is why we trash them.

What NFL G.M. would want to deal with a mother like that. That's just nuts !

I remember reading a Don Bosco feature in the New Yorker three or four years ago and reading quotes from Caroo's mother that portrayed her as a nut. Don't have the link handy, but the whole thing made me feel bad for Rob Moore and anyone else whose career requires dealing with those high school types. This dumpster fire was a long time coming, apparently.

I remember reading a Don Bosco feature in the New Yorker three or four years ago and reading quotes from Caroo's mother that portrayed her as a nut. Don't have the link handy, but the whole thing made me feel bad for Rob Moore and anyone else whose career requires dealing with those high school types. This dumpster fire was a long time coming, apparently.
The Jersey Game

No we trash Rutgers because they are delusional, their biggest highlight was a Thursday night win over an over-rated #3 team in Louisville. Yet they beat their chests like they are entitled. To top it off their entire AD is a complete mess, they hired an AD with serious question marks, their coaches go completely rogue insulting players, throwing crap at them, engaging professors, editing papers, and their team has lost almost 10% of their players this year to arrest over the course of 4 weeks. Given all of that they still think they are god's gift to football. That is why we trash them.

All of this may be true, but think about why we care (and some insist they don't and we shouldn't). I am sure there are other ADs and football programs with equivalent messes on their hands, but since we don't recruit against them, we don't care. If UCLA took all our recruits or was in Pennsylvania, we'd be pouncing on the Mora issues with guys leaving the team left and right. Closer to home, if BC started spouting about their 2004 BE title and it affected our recruiting, we'd be screaming about how they shared the title with us and Diamond Ferri. Rutgers, starting with Schiano, always knew they'd be much better if they just kept talent home. They were willing to do anything with smoke and mirrors to change the perception they were fighting (a perception we no doubt perpetuated on the recruiting trail). They started bad mouthing us in the NJ papers and to the NJ high school coaches. They started scheduling easier to show more wins and an upward trend (something many of us have suggested doing since GRob left). They may be all false pretenses, but it has helped them cast doubt on their ineptitude with recruits and they have been better in recent years recruiting. We can't deny they have not pulled in legitimate talent from their own state, and we have lamented our lack of a foothold in the same time frame.

We care at all, and as such we try so hard to expose them for the charlatans they are, so that we have that much stronger a position to recruit in NJ. Weren't we all praising the Acosta hire? Weren't we all suggesting the Moore wasn't doing a good job? Aren't we happy to have Strickland, Ellison, Pickard, and others? We are hot on some WR and QB prospects in NJ. We have every right to trash Rutgers, but don't be naive about why. At it's core, it helps with recruiting one of the closest talent rich states we have in our footprint.

All of this may be true, but think about why we care (and some insist they don't and we shouldn't). I am sure there are other ADs and football programs with equivalent messes on their hands, but since we don't recruit against them, we don't care. If UCLA took all our recruits or was in Pennsylvania, we'd be pouncing on the Mora issues with guys leaving the team left and right. Closer to home, if BC started spouting about their 2004 BE title and it affected our recruiting, we'd be screaming about how they shared the title with us and Diamond Ferri. Rutgers, starting with Schiano, always knew they'd be much better if they just kept talent home. They were willing to do anything with smoke and mirrors to change the perception they were fighting (a perception we no doubt perpetuated on the recruiting trail). They started bad mouthing us in the NJ papers and to the NJ high school coaches. They started scheduling easier to show more wins and an upward trend (something many of us have suggested doing since GRob left). They may be all false pretenses, but it has helped them cast doubt on their ineptitude with recruits and they have been better in recent years recruiting. We can't deny they have not pulled in legitimate talent from their own state, and we have lamented our lack of a foothold in the same time frame.

We care at all, and as such we try so hard to expose them for the charlatans they are, so that we have that much stronger a position to recruit in NJ. Weren't we all praising the Acosta hire? Weren't we all suggesting the Moore wasn't doing a good job? Aren't we happy to have Strickland, Ellison, Pickard, and others? We are hot on some WR and QB prospects in NJ. We have every right to trash Rutgers, but don't be naive about why. At it's core, it helps with recruiting one of the closest talent rich states we have in our footprint.

No its more about their douchebag fan base ... those that come here ... we don't have UCLA fans coming to this board ... or hell creating threads trashing SU ... and BC doesn't even have enough fans that care for all intents and purposes. And those that do aren't delusional ... recruiting is important but our vitriol has come from dealing with the fan base ... at least mine has.

Now of course it's a lawyer and he's going to say what he needs to say, but those videos don't show much of anything because they cut off way too soon. The second one surely does show Carroo storming into the group.

My trashing of Rutgers has zero to do with recruiting. I can't stand them and trash them because I live in the heart of the Scarlet Nation and their delusional fans. I have dealt with way too many fans this past decade who only view Rutgers football through a very narrow window. Losing to them in the last few years of the Big East was brutal as I enjoyed them being on par with Temple. If I lived in Boston and BC had as little success in a century plus of football as RU, I would feel comfortable trashing them as well if they talked the kind of smack that I've heard from fans in NJ. Since I don't, and since BC has a decent football pedigree I choose not to.

No its more about their douchebag fan base ... those that come here ... we don't have UCLA fans coming to this board ... or hell creating threads trashing SU ... and BC doesn't even have enough fans that care for all intents and purposes. And those that do aren't delusional ... recruiting is important but our vitriol has come from dealing with the fan base ... at least mine has.
I would say there is probably a continuum with both issues - recruiting battlefield and ignoramus fans - at both ends. Board members fall somewhere in between, depending on their own experiences.