The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 311 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Legendary for whom?

Certainly not for the home team.

And beating a dumpster fire opponent on the road isn’t typically a “legendary” feat for even the lowliest of basketball programs.

Legendary women’s program. Definitely not a reference to the men’s program.

Utica College has a better facility.

dome_drone2.jpg
Liberty has a facility that blows away Ruttie

LBP_171020_4806.jpg

Schiano on the Chopping Block, as it were...

some beauties over there today. my favorite is this urban legend

posted by
hiwater
bac2therac said: ↑​
I need to see verification on this...just by Politi saying it doesnt make it true​

It wasn't true. Babbers people put out feelers to RU, but people at RU wanted someone with some P5 expirience and someone younger. He did not fit either. Remember... Ash was offered the job at Syracuse first, but Meyer convinced him to wait for the RU interview before deciding. If ash did not accept, there was still a chance that Babbers would have been contacted. There was probably just as much of a chance that RU hired Narduzzi since he was making back channel contacts with RU though intermediaries also. He had both things that RU wanted, but RU would have had to probably pay him much more than Ash.​
This kind of reminds me of the Addazzio situation when he said that he was turning down the RU job offer and staying at Temple after Flood was given the job. It was true that Addazzio was offered the job, but it was on the condition of keeping many of the assistant coaches. Pernetti wanted to maintain RU's best ever recruiting class. Addazzio insisted on bring in all of his own guys and RU said no thank you. Addazio had so save face and salavage his rep at Temople by claiming that he turned down RU to stay at Temple.​

followed up by:

https://rutgers.forums./data/rutgers/data/avatars/m/0/410.jpg?1429649213
hiwater

TenaflyOrange said: ↑​
How do you know this?​

WHich part. The prior owner of this site on the premium side shared much of this during and after the coach search process on the premium side. Other people close to the program did as well. The part about Ash being offer at Syracuse before Babbers and why he wait for the RU interview is has been published in multiple articles based on quotes from Meyer himself.​

Last edited:
some beauties over there today. my favorite is this urban legend

posted by
hiwaterAll
bac2therac said: ↑​
I need to see verification on this...just by Politi saying it doesnt make it true​

It wasn't true. Babbers people put out feelers to RU, but people at RU wanted someone with some P5 expirience and someone younger. He did not fit either. Remember... Ash was offered the job at Syracuse first, but Meyer convinced him to wait for the RU interview before deciding. If ash did not accept, there was still a chance that Babbers would have been contacted. There was probably just as much of a chance that RU hired Narduzzi since he was making back channel contacts with RU though intermediaries also. He had both things that RU wanted, but RU would have had to probably pay him much more than Ash.​
This kind of reminds me of the Addazzio situation when he said that he was turning down the RU job offer and staying at Temple after Flood was given the job. It was true that Addazzio was offered the job, but it was on the condition of keeping many of the assistant coaches. Pernetti wanted to maintain RU's best ever recruiting class. Addazzio insisted on bring in all of his own guys and RU said no thank you. Addazio had so save face and salavage his rep at Temople by claiming that he turned down RU to stay at Temple.​

followed up by:

410.jpg

hiwater

TenaflyOrange said: ↑​
How do you know this?​

WHich part. The prior owner of this site on the premium side shared much of this during and after the coach search process on the premium side. Other people close to the program did as well. The part about Ash being offer at Syracuse before Babbers and why he wait for the RU interview is has been published in multiple articles based on quotes from Meyer himself.​

Yes. Because Urban always tells the truth. Always.

Urban should read the local papers:

"Remember: Several of the biggest names on the coaching carrousel when Ash was hired -- Dino Babers (Syracuse) and Jeff Brohm (Purdue), for starters -- didn't even want to interview for this job. And that was before the NCAA probation and utter lack of talent has led to the current dumpster fire."
Who wants this job? That's the $25m question at Rutgers

Last edited:

"Remember: Several of the biggest names on the coaching carrousel when Ash was hired -- Dino Babers (Syracuse) and Jeff Brohm (Purdue), for starters -- didn't even want to interview for this job. And that was before the NCAA probation and utter lack of talent has led to the current dumpster fire."

So their own beat writer publishes it and their fans still dont believe it. Just exactly how dumb are those posters?

Fake news!!!:rolleyes:

The beat writer is a moron too. He puts Mike Leach in the disaster category? I know the guy is a bit nuts but Rutgers would/should donate a kidney to get that guy. Me thinks he should be in the pure folly category

So their own beat writer publishes it and their fans still dont believe it. Just exactly how dumb are those posters?

Duh it goes against the narrative that Urb told Ash to pass on SU. It must make them SICK that SU didnt even Interview this loser. That SU had the foresight to not interview him. RU still owes Rob 8M even after next year, so if he does 1-11 again, i doubt they fire him anyway. They are donezo. Gerg 2.0

The beat writer is a moron too. He puts Mike Leach in the disaster category? I know the guy is a bit nuts but Rutgers would/should donate a kidney to get that guy. Me thinks he should be in the pure folly category

don't make excuses for them. seriously, go find another thread if you want to do that.

Duh it goes against the narrative that Urb told Ash to pass on SU. It must make them SICK that SU didnt even Interview this loser. That SU had the foresight to not interview him. RU still owes Rob 8M even after next year, so if he does 1-11 again, i doubt they fire him anyway. They are donezo. Gerg 2.0

not sure i love the comparison. in order for rutgers to be donezo, it kind of infers they were something at one time and fell off. they are never has beens. syracuse at least was a somebody and then fell off. ash is just another rutgers coach, not g-rob.

So let me see if I’ve got this straight. RU fans are proud of the possibility that their coach spurned the SU job in favor of the Rutgers job. Babers then proceeds to turn SU around, go 10-3 and finish #15. Meanwhile their coach craps the bed and turns RU into an even bigger pile of $#!+ than before he was hired. So not only did they hire a bad coach, but also a guy who is not very bright? Is that what they’re bragging on?