The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 446 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

You do know they are still not getting the big money from the Big Ten?
They don't get it till 2027 BUT USC and UCLA get it in 2024.
ALSO, Buttgers took a loan out from the league and OWES them $48 million as of 2020 so that big old share of$53.2 million was only $10 million for them. That will surely help out the old $73 million deficit.

AND they're still losing money every year.

Rough times on the RU Board:

yessir321 said:
Umm except that all of those teams you listed above with the exception of maybe Nebraska are going to roll us if we come out and play like we have all year. I get the rebuild, but this isn’t year 1 or even 2 anymore. I mean with ALL the old heads banging their heads against the wall 3 years ago proclaiming that Greg Schiano was Jesus Christ to Rutgers football, here we are 3 years later with a wide open transfer portal and cannot figure out how to develop a quarterback. And please spare me the whole ‘reinforcements are coming’ as I look at the 2023 recruits and see ZERO 4-5* recruits… not even a single 4* in year 3… but I thought Saint Greg? All the old heads told me 3 years ago that Greg was our ‘only hope’. I call bull. A ‘lord and savior’ coach is able to show SOMETHING offensively by year 3. Greg hasn’t. And tbh the way recruiting is shaping up we’ll continue to be an ‘easy win’ for the rest of the big 10
This post was entirely predictable the *moment* they hired Saint Greg lol

From the Athletic

D1A20608-0F31-4D3C-BB35-9AEAAADF08FE.jpeg

You do know they are still not getting the big money from the Big Ten?
They don't get it till 2027 BUT USC and UCLA get it in 2024.
ALSO, Buttgers took a loan out from the league and OWES them $48 million as of 2020 so that big old share of$53.2 million was only $10 million for them. That will surely help out the old $73 million deficit.

Minor correction, but your point stands:

The athletics division’s $53.2 million share of Big Ten Conference revenue in 2021-22 — much of it from television — was whittled down by more than $10 million to repay two loans from the conference, leaving Rutgers with yet another sizable budget gap.

Rutgers' share of $53.2MM was cut by $10MM, they received $43MM. The were still short $60MM for the year, following two years of $73MM shortfalls (That's more than $200MM in the red over 3 years!)

Minor correction, but your point stands:

The athletics division’s $53.2 million share of Big Ten Conference revenue in 2021-22 — much of it from television — was whittled down by more than $10 million to repay two loans from the conference, leaving Rutgers with yet another sizable budget gap.

Rutgers' share of $53.2MM was cut by $10MM, they received $43MM. The were still short $60MM for the year, following two years of $73MM shortfalls (That's more than $200MM in the red over 3 years!)
it never matters
Thanks for weighing in, Helen Keller.
not necessary----

Massive B10 game this week with the RU vs Ohio State Showdown, two powers colliding.

RU's hoping this isn't the year they win but the year they actually take a lead on Ohio State. Yes thats correct, since the first meeting in 2014, RU has NEVER lead in any of the matchups. Good news is they have mostly still been close games, look at these halftime scores:

2014: Ohio State 35, Rutgers 7
2015: Ohio State 21, Rutgers 0
2016: Ohio State 30, Rutgers 0
2017: Ohio State 35, Rutgers 0
2018: Ohio State 35, Rutgers 0
2019: Ohio State 35, Rutgers 7
2020: Ohio State 35, Rutgers 3
2021: Ohio State 45, Rutgers 6

Keep Chopping!

Massive B10 game this week with the RU vs Ohio State Showdown, two powers colliding.

RU's hoping this isn't the year they win but the year they actually take a lead on Ohio State. Yes thats correct, since the first meeting in 2014, RU has NEVER lead in any of the matchups. Good news is they have mostly still been close games, look at these halftime scores:

Keep Chopping!

Isn't the spread like 50 points?

Keep Chopping!
8 years, Rutgers scored 23 first half points.

OSU scored more than that in the first every year outside of 2015.

That's crazy dominance

Keep Chopping!
Rutgers averages almost 3 points in the first half. With their offense this year, they will be doing well to score that much in the game.

So how does the defensive genius that is Shady stop the Buckeyes, one may ask. Based on the last two years, Shady seems to be less of a defensive genius that advertised, the scores are as bad or worse than before he returned. I cannot say this often, but tomorrow, I am a Buckeyes fan.

on a side note us news best colleges elevated rutgers to 55 in the rankings and demoted psu to 77. we remained at 62.

I'm glad you found a bragging point for your Scarlet Knights since I have a feeling you won't be able to talk as much about the on field play compared to SU this season.
It must really bother people. I dont know why its important for people to shine a light on rutgers knowing what this thread is for. Even if they won the championship ( which will never happen) give them props in another thread. Not this one.

If I were Michigan State, I would be worried about Ohio State even more than usual. They will have had two weeks of practice to prepare for MSU.

Last edited:
Rutgers thought they played well because they scored on the vaunted Iowa Defense. Michigan has score 20 and has more than 20 minutes to play. In other news, Michigan is holding Iowa to zero points, something Rutgers and there Defensive Guru could not do.

After today's bloodbath to be dished out by tOSU, Rutgers gets to look forward to UM doing much the same. What was it Rutgers fans were saying about a sleeping giant? I think the "sleeping giant" is in a coma and is more like a midget.