The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 493 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Your first post in 2 months is giving shady credit for spending money on commitments.

FYI SU's recruiting is better than its been in decades. Wait to this staff show they can win on the field
It’s very clear they 1) have NIL dollars and 2) this is where they put them.

We invested heavily in the portal AND the HS class last year, to get players day 1 ready which was absolutely critical to our success this season.

Schiano bought some NJ players we targeted. It’s going to happen. His school is in NJ after all.

It’s very clear they 1) have NIL dollars and 2) this is where they put them.

We invested heavily in the portal AND the HS class last year, to get players day 1 ready which was absolutely critical to our success this season.

Schiano bought some NJ players we targeted. It’s going to happen. His school is in NJ after all.

"New Jersey State"

it is very pleasing to me that we have a number of recruits with ivy league offers as well as rice! i watch ivy league football and i enjoy it. got hooked on it many years ago. i also like lafayette and lehigh games . nice small stadiums friendly people.

It’s easy to badmouth Rutgers recruiting, but they have seven four star recruits and we have ZERO. Fran has greatly upgraded our recruiting, but he’s not getting top, high end recruits, at least not yet. Class is now 32. I doubt this class ends up top 40 unless our recruits blow up and all get upgraded. That doesn’t happen very often. Winning will help, but how does that explain Rutgers recruiting?

It’s easy to badmouth Rutgers recruiting, but they have seven four star recruits and we have ZERO. Fran has greatly upgraded our recruiting, but he’s not getting top, high end recruits, at least not yet. Class is now 32. I doubt this class ends up top 40 unless our recruits blow up and all get upgraded. That doesn’t happen very often. Winning will help, but how does that explain Rutgers recruiting?
They are throwing nil money at the recruits. Look at their basketball recruiting.
I feel Fran is calculated in how nil is used. I trust Fran’s evaluation on talent versus a recruiting website. If he evaluates two players and see their skills equal why would he use large nil because a recruiting service rated one player higher.
The other problem is if you over pay for high school players your existing players may be upset if they are paid less which will affect team chemistry.
I think using nil for your existing players and proven portal players is a better strategy.

They are throwing nil money at the recruits. Look at their basketball recruiting.
I feel Fran is calculated in how nil is used. I trust Fran’s evaluation on talent versus a recruiting website. If he evaluates two players and see their skills equal why would he use large nil because a recruiting service rated one player higher.
The other problem is if you over pay for high school players your existing players may be upset if they are paid less which will affect team chemistry.
I think using nil for your existing players and proven portal players is a better strategy.
It sounds like Schiano is trying to build the program the way he did in the 00's. That's going to be really difficult if those players portal out or decommit after RU gets their teeth kicked in week after week during conference play.

He is gambling on HS kids with NIL. If the kids pan out, he will look like a genius. But they are unproven and if they don't pan out, or if they decide to leave for programs spending NIL on transfer targets, his investment may have a lower ROI and lower results.

He has always had decent to very good defense and strong specials.

They usually have a good ground game.

He just cannot find a QB. Wimsatt needs to make a massive leap for them to get to eight wins. With their schedule they will probably slug their way to six.

Its obvious. They have never recruited like this before. They have done nothing special. They beat a Miami team with its 3rd QB. No big wins for shady. No win vs a ranked team.

In fear of what Fran can do rutgers decided to throw a bunch of money at these kids. they have no elite recruiters on their staff. They are just using money to close on some of the higher end prospects.

He is gambling on HS kids with NIL. If the kids pan out, he will look like a genius. But they are unproven and if they don't pan out, or if they decide to leave for programs spending NIL on transfer targets, his investment may have a lower ROI and lower results.

He has always had decent to very good defense and strong specials.

They usually have a good ground game.

He just cannot find a QB. Wimsatt needs to make a massive leap for them to get to eight wins. With their schedule they will probably slug their way to six.
Winstatt is gone. They got Minny's QB who is not that much better

Are you confident RU’s class ends up in the top 40? Btw, I thought getting Barnes to commit on live tv at an AA game qualifies as getting a top, high end recruit.

it is very pleasing to me that we have a number of recruits with ivy league offers as well as rice! i watch ivy league football and i enjoy it. got hooked on it many years ago. i also like lafayette and lehigh games . nice small stadiums friendly people.
Work friend’s son will be playing at Lafayette next year. Parker Moss' Olympia High School Career Home

Are you confident RU’s class ends up in the top 40? Btw, I thought getting Barnes to commit on live tv at an AA game qualifies as getting a top, high end recruit.
I’m talking about this class not last years.

I’m talking about this class not last years.
You said "at least not yet." I just pointed out that he had after being at SU for only a month. What about Rutgers finishing with a top 40 recruiting class?

10 years in Big Ten: How Rutgers athletics performed in its 1st decade as member

Or if the other link has a paywall.

Regular season standings by year

Overall: Across its 14 major team sports, Rutgers has played in a total of 135 regular seasons.

In that span, it has:

- Won one regular-season title (women’s soccer, 2021).

- Finished in last place (tied or solo) 40 times (29.6%).

- Finished with a winning conference record 29 times (21.5%).

- Finished with a losing conference record 99 times (73.3% of the time).

- Played 21 seasons without a single Big Ten win. At least one program has gone winless in conference play in each of the first 10 years in the league.

- Still searching: Rutgers has four teams that never have compiled a winning record in Big Ten play: volleyball, gymnastics, tennis and football.

- Last in the league: Rutgers ranks last in the Big Ten in regular season titles won across the team sports it competes in across the past decade, an NJ Advance Media analysis shows. Every other school — including John’s Hopkins, which competes only in men’s and women’s lacrosse — has won at least two.

10 years in Big Ten: How Rutgers athletics performed in its 1st decade as member

Or if the other link has a paywall.

Regular season standings by year

Overall: Across its 14 major team sports, Rutgers has played in a total of 135 regular seasons.

In that span, it has:

- Won one regular-season title (women’s soccer, 2021).

- Finished in last place (tied or solo) 40 times (29.6%).

- Finished with a winning conference record 29 times (21.5%).

- Finished with a losing conference record 99 times (73.3% of the time).

- Played 21 seasons without a single Big Ten win. At least one program has gone winless in conference play in each of the first 10 years in the league.

- Still searching: Rutgers has four teams that never have compiled a winning record in Big Ten play: volleyball, gymnastics, tennis and football.

- Last in the league: Rutgers ranks last in the Big Ten in regular season titles won across the team sports it competes in across the past decade, an NJ Advance Media analysis shows. Every other school — including John’s Hopkins, which competes only in men’s and women’s lacrosse — has won at least two.
Thank you for getting this thread back on track!

Bring It Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Well, maybe they got scared, spent money on NIL, started working ridiculously hard using the mantra do not let that Northern school take you away from New Jersey, at least in relation to New Jersey recruitments. In any event we are doing better than ever. Sort of undereal, what year is coach Schiano in right now?

After talking to a couple recruiting insiders the feeling is the 25 class for Fran Brown is much better than people think. There are several players who will rise this year and some that will earn another star. He's balancing volume with needs while still trying g to be selective. He saw a major need for size and speed- both he accomplished thus far. Several players to watch who are much better than what they're rated are- Luke Carney, Nathaniel Nayondaro, Antoine Delsauriers, and the lineman they flipped from Maryland amongst others.
Also, let's not forget signing day is five months away. With the schedule and the roster this year if syracuse performs as expected (8-10 wins)- it's highly likely that we flip some players on or before signing day. Winning will obviously add to the buzz and will likely increase the NIL budget. Of course, if they under perform, the opposite will probably happen.