The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 504 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Considering Rutgers traditionally gets worse as the season wears on there is a very real chance they miss a bowl game.
I think a 6 win Pinstripe is their ceiling

I dunno... Their remaining schedule isn't brutal but it's also hard to call them favorites in any of the remaining games... In a word, they are poor.

I dunno... Their remaining schedule isn't brutal but it's also hard to call them favorites in any of the remaining games... In a word, they are poor.

People been saying that for weeks now and yet they’ve lost their last 3 games. They should’ve lost to Washington too..

So in Schiano's last 9 seasons at Rutgers he has spent a grand total of ONE week in the AP poll (2009 W12). Rutgers as a program hasn't been ranked in the AP since W13 2012. They are the only program that hasn't been ranked since 2018.

Still can't believe this dude was an NFL coach like WTH...

Week 8 Result: 35-32 loss to UCLA

Previous Rank: No. 13 (Down 4)

Analysis: Rutgers' loss to UCLA is a nightmare result. Losses to Nebraska and Wisconsin halted the team's momentum after a 4-0 start. Saturday's loss sends the season crashing down. UCLA had entered the afternoon without a Big Ten win and on a five-game losing streak. This was a game that Rutgers could not afford to lose.

Week 7's blowout loss to the Badgers could have signaled more than we realized at the time. The Scarlet Knights are battling significant injuries all over the field. But the program appears far from ready to capitalize on what was an easy schedule.

GaYMP2OXkAAUjCJ.jpg

Halfway through the season and the kid realizes that the great defensive expert that is Shady really is shady. He must not want to play on the premier defense that only allows opponents to score at will and uselessly, needlessly, and dangerously attacks O-Lines in the Victory formation. Good for him.

All the more, Syracuse is on his radar! Has anyone checked the Rutgers fan boards? They will be interesting once RU fans get wind of the decommit.

Week 8 Result: 35-32 loss to UCLA

Previous Rank: No. 13 (Down 4)

Analysis: Rutgers' loss to UCLA is a nightmare result. Losses to Nebraska and Wisconsin halted the team's momentum after a 4-0 start. Saturday's loss sends the season crashing down. UCLA had entered the afternoon without a Big Ten win and on a five-game losing streak. This was a game that Rutgers could not afford to lose.

Week 7's blowout loss to the Badgers could have signaled more than we realized at the time. The Scarlet Knights are battling significant injuries all over the field. But the program appears far from ready to capitalize on what was an easy schedule.
they had no business beating Wash before that

and what was VT doing that day to play so poorly

Last edited:
Halfway through the season and the kid realizes that the great defensive expert that is Shady really is shady. He must not want to play on the premier defense that only allows opponents to score at will and uselessly, needlessly, and dangerously attacks O-Lines in the Victory formation. Good for him.

All the more, Syracuse is on his radar! Has anyone checked the Rutgers fan boards? They will be interesting once RU fans get wind of the decommit.

Not on the R|vals board but 247 has a thread 18 hrs old on the decommit w/ 29 responses... locked from view, of course.

I have not looked to verify my thoughts, but I would not be AT ALL surprised if, especially with this news, they are clamoring for Schiano to be fired and Fran Brown hired. I would also assume they think that would be easy because as a NJ guy who once coached at Rutgers, he will of course want to be there and would prefer it to just about anywhere else.

I have not looked to verify my thoughts, but I would not be AT ALL surprised if, especially with this news, they are clamoring for Schiano to be fired and Fran Brown hired. I would also assume they think that would be easy because as a NJ guy who once coached at Rutgers, he will of course want to be there and would prefer it to just about anywhere else.

Dunno about that...

A fair number of their forum faithful declared Brown nothing more that a "social media" hire and that he would fail miserably as a head coach here... and he would be found out quickly and it would end in tears.

There'd be a lot eating humble pie to want Fran. They don't do humble well.

Agreed. They believe Rutgers has surpassed SU in all sports, it makes sense that they would conclude that the RU HC football is a highly coveted spot. Obviously, their conclusion is based on their fantasy and not in fact, but let's not be too harsh on them.

Remember, Shady is there for six more years and Rutgers cannot afford the buyout nor a higher paid coach. Shady is Rutgers' football version of an STD, he is so bad for them but they can't get rid of him. Grab some popcorn...

Dunno about that...

A fair number of their forum faithful declared Brown nothing more that a "social media" hire and that he would fail miserably as a head coach here... and he would be found out quickly and it would end in tears.

They got one point right, HCFB has Rutgers' fans in tears.

I think most coaches - and fan bases- would be happy to "fail" to a 5-1 start in their first year with reasonable chances to win in most of the remaining games.

Dunno about that...

They don't do humble well, so I don't think they would be humble about it. I think it would read something like, "We had a coach, so we couldn't have taken him, but as soon as we had an opening, we were easily able to get him out of Cuse because who wants to be there and who wouldn't rather be here?" No humility and they would completely ignore that they were non-believers and even suggest that they didn't think he would be successful at SU, but were always certain he could succeed at a place like Rutgers, with B1G money and facilities behind him. This is coming too easy for me. I think I have been infected by them for too long.