The alley oops - stop | Syracusefan.com

The alley oops - stop

I think we go for more alley oops than any Syracuse team in recent history.

Yet somehow we make less.

JB should ban them for the rest of the year. Most are bad choices and execution is ...well...lets say lacking.

I don't agree with this. There is a time and a place--like in transition. Gillon hit Tauren Thompson for a beautiful 'oop a couple of games ago like this, leading to a run out dunk.

That said, we do seem to suck at them in halfcourt offensive sets, so I wouldn't have an issue if JB put the kybosh on that.

I love when Gillon tries them when we have four on two advantages or the the like. Just make a simple pass. And half the time he throws them to the shot clock. The other half he throws them to Tyler "Hands of Stone" Roberson. (Sorry, Mr. Duran)

I think I would take 50 year old Douglas over our current PGs when it comes to alley oops. Man, he was the best
You know it's bad when your three best point guard options are wearing ties during the game. Yes, I would take a forty year Red over these two or a Gerry with a crap hip. Eric would feed these two their jerseys for a snack and make them thank him.

so cool when it works. unfortunately we see a lot more of this finish...
maxresdefault.jpg

too young to have seen sherm but mac to hak was a pretty consistent ally oop duo

They were a great duo - but probably need to consider that practically all you needed to do was keep it in the Dome and Hak could get up there for it and bring it down.

JB should ban them for the rest of the year. Most are bad choices and execution is ...well...lets say lacking.

With our height there is a time and place its the right play for sure... but that one aginst GT Gillon started from well outside the 3 point line (to TT I think) had to be one of the dumbest I've ever seen. Lammers could have had a picnic while he just sat there and waited for it to come right to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom