The alley oops - stop | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The alley oops - stop

Senior year Scoop, yes. Before that he invented the alley oop pass to no one in particular.

I remember at MSG when he threw his lob into the oop. That was nice.

Gillon does seem to aim for the shot clock...my god he throws them high.

you play the odds . 1987-88 that was 87- 88 % a flush. today 2017 we finish about 17 %. it's clearly not in our arsenal. ain't even drawing rim.

There are different forms of alley oops. I hate the long distance versions..but the oops where you get dribble penetration and then throw a short lob over the help defender are an awesome high percentage play that we dont use enough.

of course this requires a guard to actually be able to force help by getting around his guy..something our guards are terrible at (excluding a short span when battle was actually decent at this)

I remember at MSG when he threw his lob into the oop. That was nice.

Gillon does seem to aim for the shot clock...my god he throws them high.

My first thought when I saw this. I'll never forget being there for that. Scoop just smiling. Once he got it down, he seems to be the last guard any good at it. They don't have the chemistry, or ability to do it. Just drive, or pass when on the break, please.

I don't have an issue with the alley oop. The problem is the guards who are throwing them. Gbinije never had an issue tossing them.

Gillon is not that great a passer, period. (Channeling my inner Sean Spicer). He never hits Lydon on the pick and pop. He is often late with his passes. And obviously he is terrible on the alley oop. But, he is our point guard and hopefully he can keep the mistakes down and we can beat Duke tonight.

I sincerely doubt missing an alley oops cost SU a game, how every making one energizes the team, something they really need at times. And at home, the crowd. I think they should try to do one for the first basket of the game at home. Keep the crowd standing with riotous cheering! Don't quash them, just be a little more sensible. No more from way out beyond the arc.

Gillon missed one in the first half. If we settle on that and take a layup (maybe an and 1) we have a chance to win the game at the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom