The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

Good news. Palm has us out of the first four and in last four byes now.

He also has Colorado State in and Wichita state out. That makes more sense to me. Wichita State’s resume is laughable. Their NET is 72 and they only have two top 100 wins. One is on the road against Ole Miss, who probably won’t make the tourney. The other is a good home win against Houston. They’ve beaten exactly one team that’s expected to be in the field. You cannot include them.
Katz final bracket also has us as an 11

He also has Colorado State in and Wichita state out. That makes more sense to me. Wichita State’s resume is laughable. Their NET is 72 and they only have two top 100 wins. One is on the road against Ole Miss, who probably won’t make the tourney. The other is a good home win against Houston. They’ve beaten exactly one team that’s expected to be in the field. You cannot include them.
Great. Why is Palm flopping around like a fish?

View attachment 197993
Away / Neutral is poor (3-8)

Quad away / neutral (1-7 Q1)

Non Conf SOS is 79

SOS 49
Not sure if this criteria is real. But the ncaa is so stupid if they only care about road and neutral wins. The level of competition should matter and they should be looking at the totality of the resume. Why don’t they just give Stanford a bid then since they played all their home games at a “neutral” site? And why would non conference strength of schedule be emphasized in a year when teams were de-emphasizing non-conference schedules because of the pandemic? (ours, though, is pretty good.)

Where are you seeing this Palm update ? His latest online shows Cuse in the first four

What’s crAzy is Wich was the 1 seed.

I

I swear to god he just updated it again! (Even though it says last update was at 3:19am) we’re back in the first four. Wichita and Colorado State are in, and Utah State and Drake are out. This guy!

I

I swear to god he just updated it again! (Even though it says last update was at 3:19am) we’re back in the first four. Wichita and Colorado State are in, and Utah State and Drake are out. This guy!
Yikes bad party foul for sharing false optimism.

The tournament is really all about tv ratings and money. One reason why I think SU will be in a first four play-in game versus UCLA or Michigan State

Pretty fun sports day. Selection Sunday, Players Championship, couple basketball games we have a rooting interest in, and I'm heading out to play a round of golf. Not bad even for COVID.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom