The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

Houston is Va Tech with slightly taller guards.
For old schoolers, Houston reminds me of Georgetown circa 1980 with Sleepy Floyd (Grimes), John Duren (Sasser) and Craig Sky Shelton (Gorham). Very tough defensively and grab all of the loose ball rebounds. Eventually their lack of offensive diversity will undo them but they're a legit #2 seed imo.

For old schoolers, Houston reminds me of Georgetown circa 1980 with Sleepy Floyd (Grimes), John Duren (Sasser) and Craig Sky Shelton (Gorham). Very tough defensively and grab all of the loose ball rebounds. Eventually their lack of offensive diversity will undo them but they're a legit #2 seed imo.

Yeah that and being undersized even though good on the boards.

Hopefully that bet is still active in three hours. :)
I’ve been beating this drum since Clemson. And I’m going to plant myself on this pike one last time, we in, and we’re an 11.

That bets got legs!

He's trying his best, but having a really hard time predicting the Orange out!

I think we still are the one of the last byes and avoid the play in game. Would have to think the committee has us above the last three teams in (VCU, Drake and either Utah State or Colorado State). For the 4th last team in, it probably comes down to us, Louisville, UCLA or Maryland. I think we have a good chance of being valued higher than Ville or UCLA and think we get an 11 seed and play in the round of 64.

Cuse!

I only now learned that conference champs cannot play in the PIGs. That's dumb.
It’s not true, actually. For instance: 2016. Holy Cross vs. Southern University was a First Four game. Both were conference champs.

I

I swear to god he just updated it again! (Even though it says last update was at 3:19am) we’re back in the first four. Wichita and Colorado State are in, and Utah State and Drake are out. This guy!

I check his site about every hour. He only updates the bracket itself once a day but his list of teams is in real time. I haven’t seen at all where he’s had us back in the last 4 byes today.

It’s not true, actually. For instance: 2016. Holy Cross vs. Southern University was a First Four game. Both were conference champs.
Low majors have to play in it; not GTown or Oregon state

I think we still are the one of the last byes and avoid the play in game. Would have to think the committee has us above the last three teams in (VCU, Drake and either Utah State or Colorado State). For the 4th last team in, it probably comes down to us, Louisville, UCLA or Maryland. I think we have a good chance of being valued higher than Ville or UCLA and think we get an 11 seed and play in the round of 64.

Cuse!
Hard for me to see Syracuse above VCU, but possible. Here's VCU resume:

We’re talking about power five bid Stealers of course ! there’s 2-16 seeds that won their conferences that are in the play in games also

Low majors have to play in it; not GTown or Oregon state

I think what is is that P5 AQs can play in it but they don’t because there’s always 4 low major AQs from scrub leagues that are going to be much lower thought of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom