The Athletic article on Mike Hopkins | Syracusefan.com

The Athletic article on Mike Hopkins

Mods, why is it a copyright issue to post the article if I have a subscription?

And for those who don't have a subscription, the Athletic is offering a three month trial for $1, this article is fantastic.

Because you paid for the right for you to read that content, not to distribute it to others.

I'm not going to get into an ethics debate about this. You deleted the post, and I understand that.

However, it's a damn good article that adds a lot of insight into why Hopkins took the UWash job. If anyone wants to read the article and can't, send me a PM.

I'm not going to get into an ethics debate about this. You deleted the post, and I understand that.

However, it's a damn good article that adds a lot of insight into why Hopkins took the UWash job. If anyone wants to read the article and can't, send me a PM.
I didn't delete the post and never saw the article.

If the mods leave copyrighted content on the site, we are breaking the law and can get sued. We aren't going to let that happen. I hope you understand. This is not personal.

I didn't delete the post and never saw the article.

If the mods leave copyrighted content on the site, we are breaking the law and can get sued. We aren't going to let that happen. I hope you understand. This is not personal.

I deleted it.

Mods, why is it a copyright issue to post the article if I have a subscription?
The author sells one-time publishing rights to the magazine in exchange for copyright protection. The magazine agrees not to publish the piece in multiple places for x amount of time, usually at least six months.

Me too. If anyone has any inkling he'll come back here, this article slams the door on that idea. And I couldn't be happier about that. Hopkins deserves this. Big time.

How? The Conference of Champions doesn't produce champions. I don't think that's lost on Hop long term.

And for those who don't have a subscription, the Athletic is offering a three month trial for $1, this article is fantastic.
with an auto rebill for 48 bucks if you forget to cancel, which many will, which then auto rebills for 60 bucks annually if you forget to cancel again. . . . oh, and they capture & re-sell your browsing data, etc.

whatabargain

with an auto rebill for 48 bucks if you forget to cancel, which many will, which then auto rebills for 60 bucks annually if you forget to cancel again. . . . oh, and they capture & re-sell your browsing data, etc.

whatabargain

Or you can just be an adult and monitor your subscription. The quality of sports writing on that site is excellent.

Why am I not surprised you’d complain about this?

It was a great story and does a nice job conveying the energy Mike has. It also shows what a genuine and amazing man he is - true family man. Glad his dad gets to see him coach.

The anecdote about his dad telling the people in the card store over and over how his son is the head coach of Washington really got me. Dementia is an awful thing.

As an aside, highly recommend The Athletic. Lots of great writers and they keep hiring great talent. As a NY sports fan, they cover the Mets and Giants well (along with the other teams). I originally subscribed through one of those special deals but will definitely be renewing. The quality of the writers is the best out there and hope they can survive. They also have a lot of interesting live chats and regular features. And even Seth Davis is high on us this year!

Me too. If anyone has any inkling he'll come back here, this article slams the door on that idea. And I couldn't be happier about that. Hopkins deserves this. Big time.

I’d love to read it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom