That’s a bad beat | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

That’s a bad beat

Nope. After bye week, we, like most teams, will have a slow start in the first half.
The stats confirm what my eyes saw. Stanford: 38 pass attempts, 1 sack (Jacquez) , 2 hurries (Diggs, Jobity). 3 man rush might be okay occasionally if defensive backfield is the team's strength. With attrition I'm not sure a case can be made for that.

Not worried about next week, but after that I hope the coaches can do something to place more heat on the QB on passing downs. Have we seen a safety blitz yet? Tired of seeing the QB have all day to scan the field.

Very discouraging loss. In the end we were outcoached and outplayed at critical moments. Stanford came ready to play, being their 1st ACC game. They showed grit and wanted to show they belong. The pick 6 was bad. Though the final kick won the game, that interception put them in position to win. I loved that we took the lead, but they had too much time at the end. We couldn't stop them and they made the plays at the end and we didn't. Kudos to Stanford for their play, but I'm very disappointed we couldn't win this one. We coulda, shoulda, didn't.

Zooming back to 93 I remember SU was in the Top 5 or close to start the season and played East Carolina and looked quite average in beating them. Their coach Logan said basically "If that's the #5 team we'll lace em up again and we'll beat them the next we play.".

I think we the fans had those top 5 thoughts in our heads to a point and let the cart go before wheels. They're a good team this SU bunch but not as good as we hoped but the cool thing is let's see how they do from here because there is a lot of football to be played.
Ha, I remember that. Steve Logan, I think the exact words were 'we'll tee it up again in 30 minutes"

Time will tell.

I don't think they're very good. They got us on the right night, we didn't look like we expected them to compete.

People thought Maryland was good in 2019 after they beat us. They won 3 games.

We'll see how it ends up, but looking at their schedule I think they're a 4-5 win team.

I don't think they're very good. They got us on the right night, we didn't look like we expected them to compete.

People thought Maryland was good in 2019 after they beat us. They won 3 games.

We'll see how it ends up, but looking at their schedule I think they're a 4-5 win team.
Their win total was 3.5. So even 5-7 is above expectations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom