That’s a bad beat | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

That’s a bad beat

You come crying to the board after a loss after I said I don’t think the game is a blowout.

Lol. Good luck.
Congratulations on thinking it wouldn't be a blowout just like the average bettor, really

Outcoached and outplayed.
Our line play was exposed tonight. Can't run block and can't pass rush.
The more things change, the more they remain the same.
Getting to a bowl seems to be a reasonable goal now and not much more.
It is soo tough to be an Orange football fan.

Hindsight... wisdom of the weak. All I can say is dammit. Whoever's next: there's a meat grinder in your path. Go 'cuse!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240921_190205_Opera~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240921_190205_Opera~2.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 11
Tough loss but a tough early 90s loss imo

Felt like an early coach p game. Shades of Oklahoma or even Tennessee.

We are a good team. Let’s not go Dino on this. Think Fran will cook up something from this

I’m not getting down about this loss. Our qb is upright that’s the key

Stanford owned the line of scrimmage on both sides. They also made great individual plays on 3rd and 4th down time after time to maintain possession. I’m amazed we almost pulled it off.
Any other year this is 30-17 loss.

Shouldn't have been close. Team fought hard in 3rd and 4th Q.

Tough loss but a tough early 90s loss imo

Felt like an early coach p game. Shades of Oklahoma or even Tennessee.

We are a good team. Let’s not go Dino on this. Think Fran will cook up something from this

I’m not getting down about this loss. Our qb is upright that’s the key
I literally named those exact two games to my sons walking out of dome last night. Another utterly ridiclous 4th and looong the opponent picks up in last 90 seconds, and bang automatic right through the fing uprights as clock expires. This was a very P type loss. But does not go unoticed thst Its also eerily similar to a Dino type loss to come out so vastly unprepared off a bye. Which weve seen a fair amount here recently. SMDH

Hard disagree. The better team won tonight
Really ? They destroyed in the trenches on both offense and defense while we scored a long TD because a DB fell. We were fortunate to be in the game .

Zooming back to 93 I remember SU was in the Top 5 or close to start the season and played East Carolina and looked quite average in beating them. Their coach Logan said basically "If that's the #5 team we'll lace em up again and we'll beat them the next we play.".

I think we the fans had those top 5 thoughts in our heads to a point and let the cart go before wheels. They're a good team this SU bunch but not as good as we hoped but the cool thing is let's see how they do from here because there is a lot of football to be played.

Bad beat is SJSU not pulling that one out to win my Cuse losses back. What happened there?

Outcoached and outplayed.
Our line play was exposed tonight. Can't run block and can't pass rush.
The more things change, the more they remain the same.
Getting to a bowl seems to be a reasonable goal now and not much more.
It is soo tough to be an Orange football fan.
OL yes, really bad outing.

DL was good after the first quarter.

Really ? They destroyed in the trenches on both offense and defense while we scored a long TD because a DB fell. We were fortunate to be in the game .
not really true. He was wide open on the play for a long time, The final time he got spun and fell.

4th & 9 defensive call was the worst I have EVER seen in a college game & I’ve watched for 60 years.
I now have ZERO faith in Robinson’s ability as DC
Low key the ease with which they allowed Stanford to make it 4th and 9 was worse.

Well they were picked last in the ACC so the bar for your statement to be true is quite low
Key word is “picked”. FSU was picked near the top. We will find out in the next few weeks where Stanford is . I’ll bet it’s somewhere in the middle.

Yeah.. he’s saying Stanford was the better team and won

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom