The bigger problem | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The bigger problem

Ok. I'm sure there are kids who say "thanks, but no thanks" to us. That's a problem lol. It's not an excuse.
I live in Syracuse. I would never want my kid to attend Syracuse. (Newhouse excepted.)
A lot of kids don't want the winter.

Hop got us Battle.

Jim Boeheim, Mike Hopkins meet with prized prospect Tyus Battle: 'It went really well'

Hop staying in contact with Gary Battle after Tyus initially commited to Michigan got us the flip.

Hop left because JB didn’t want to retire.

I don’t care if GMac is an assistant. I really don’t care if he is a good recruiter as he did enough with Sidibe. I just don’t want him to be the next HC.
Sure.

But he's allowed to question you, too. :)
Thanks Bees just seems to take his ball and go home when a discussion doesn't go his way. As to my 99 reasons i believe that Daz was/is compromised.

Yeah, because the criticism isn’t legit.
The program is fine.
No reason to worry.
People actually enjoyed the run how dare they.
The concerns are all legit.
We lost our most talented recruit in a decade, don’t have a full roster and need our 73 year old HC actually go and get 4-6 commits this summer.
No worries.

No idea what all that even means regarding my post. But ok.

No one reason Bees. Also am i allowed to question you?

Why not? Did I miss a question?

And yes, with the multiple threads some of which you started you take several quests of what happened including you do you want the truth thread which is opposite of other posts you made. You’re confusing.

Thanks Bees just seems to take his ball and go home when a discussion doesn't go his way. As to my 99 reasons i believe that Daz was/is compromised.

Take my ball and go home because a discussion doesn’t go my way?? What the heck does that mean? Got an example? I’m on here probably more than anyone and definitely more than I should be. Again, give me an example of a discussion not going my way and me taking my ball and going home.

Not that this whole situation doesn’t suck...but 5 hours ago we had a loaded class coming in...and now they can’t recruit?
They landed one kid. That is not solid recruiting. We ate
Why not? Did I miss a question?

And yes, with the multiple threads some of which you started you take several quests of what happened including you do you want the truth thread which is opposite of other posts you made. You’re confusing.
I believe Baz left because he is compromised. Your confused.

There are no problems, 7 days ago JB was the greatest coach in the game, now everyone is throwing out nonsense based on what a 17 year old kid decides to do within a 24 hour span?
Trust me, this has NOTHING to do with anything except a kid who was sold by an agent and marketing arms of 2 major sponsors on going to the G L. He is not making 26K, much, much more.
Out of our control, nothing to do with our program, much bigger conversation regarding nba/ncaa rules.

That's the story - there is no story.

Stop with the nonsense re JB, it is so ridiculous and pathetic. You have no idea how good we have it. Go root for another team and who is our next coach? Chris Mack getting $4M per year, do you think we are paying that in 3 years from now?

It really is ridiculous. So sick and tired of whiners just waiting to complain about jimmy if anyhting goes wrong. This is nothing more than an immature kid changing his mind due to the powers of money. All the dumb theories being thrown around are just useless garbage from people whose panties are in a twist since they couldn’t complain during the tournament run. Pathetic!

Yes, that was one of your guesses. But in other threads you gave different reasons. I’m not confused.

Speaking of which, aren’t we like #3 in the US or something for having consecutive first round NBA picks?
Yes we do and most of those recruits are not top 10 ranked players. Meaning we find them successfully and develop them successfully. Also we have one of the best tournament records of anyone. Top 10 program in terms of tournament performance over the past 30 plus years, since 2000, since 2010 and more recent. Won’t stop the complainers though

They landed one kid. That is not solid recruiting. We ate

Yeah, in another place you suggested it was because maybe JB didn't visit him or attend one of his games. You seem to have a vivid imagination and like to stir the pot.

Take my ball and go home because a discussion doesn’t go my way?? What the heck does that mean? Got an example? I’m on here probably more than anyone and definitely more than I should be. Again, give me an example of a discussion not going my way and me taking my ball and going home.
Really.
What will you believe tomorrow?
That Baz was compromised.

Amazing.

You are overreacting on losing a recruit to a generational decision. Boeheim and the staff are now disastrous...after an amazing run with very little.

And my goodness you are easy to rile up. Easy tough guy!
When you make it personal. I take it personal.
I linked you exactly where I got the Skipper info and shocker you ignored it.
You wanna come at me. Expect the intensity back.

Amazing.

You are overreacting on losing a recruit to a generational decision. Boeheim and the staff are now disastrous...after an amazing run with very little.

And my goodness you are easy to rile up. Easy tough guy!
Very little?
We have a 5 star guard in Battle, 4 star guard in Howard.
Dolezaj was a 4 star,Brissett was the Canadian HS POY of the year.
We had little depth.

The depth this season wasn’t on the staff. This program has had to 2 great postseason runs which the HC should get credit for. Unquestioned his D has worked marvelously recently in the tournament.
That success has masked 4 consecutive medicore regular seasons.

That is also ignoring the drama around the program. The penalties while ridlicious are on the program. The assistant HCIW was pushed out because the HC didn’t want to retire.
There is reason for people’s frustration. Again you don’t like me fine.

The program didn’t have very little talent it had little depth. Next year will be the same. We plot along and be medicore to slightly above and fight for a tournament berth for the 5th consecutive year.

You will come back at me and make it about my posting style the same 3-4 people who don’t like me will like your post. You will defend as strongly as I criticize on those issues and rinse, repeat, wash.

Overcoming scholarship restrictions can be a brutal battle... one unexpected event (not even including Battle potentially leaving) and you're right back in a hole...

I'd say I'm very pleased with how we've navigated it thus far. May end up with another grad transfer or two over the next couple of years to fill immediate holes.

You can't predict something like this, you can only move forward with the cards you're dealt.

Can JB and this staff recruit? So far the results have been dismal. We seem to be behind on everyone of our top recruits. The number of offers we extend is anemic. We are an international brand yet we recruit regionally...
jb should be in europe,china and south america right now looking for a replacement!!!:)

jb should be in europe,china and south america right now looking for a replacement!!!:)
there's some talk he's in burma right now scouting 7'2" big man turthreez ohn .

REU-MYANMAR_1.jpg

The number of offers has been low because of the sanctions. That was and is changing, now that we're almost back to full shollies, but it was a direct result of the sanctions. Baz and Carey made this a top 20 recruiting class on their own. Tough to predict Baz would lose his mind.

Recruiting regionally is something JB and his staff have done since he started in the 70's. Lucky for us, the region we recruit is also one of the deepest, most talented regions year-in and year-out.
The number of offers has nothing to do with sanctions. In my opinion JBs philosophy of limited offers with an "all in" strategy on a player is flawed in todays world. Being a world wide brand i believe we should caste a larger net and provide recruits with a time period in which to decide. We have too many last hour misses in recent years which show the strategy is either flawed or the staff/recruiting coach is not a closer. Results dont lie.
The one major wild card is the FBI investigation. If in fact we have been competing with our hands tied and now that has changed we should start to see an uptick in results. The bottom line is for many reasons we have not been recruiting as well as we can. The next class is critical. At a minimum we will have to replace Bris, Frank, Marek, Chewy. 4 starters and not one forward on the roster.

Very little?
We have a 5 star guard in Battle, 4 star guard in Howard.
Dolezaj was a 4 star,Brissett was the Canadian HS POY of the year.
We had little depth.

The depth this season wasn’t on the staff. This program has had to 2 great postseason runs which the HC should get credit for. Unquestioned his D has worked marvelously recently in the tournament.
That success has masked 4 consecutive medicore regular seasons.

That is also ignoring the drama around the program. The penalties while ridlicious are on the program. The assistant HCIW was pushed out because the HC didn’t want to retire.
There is reason for people’s frustration. Again you don’t like me fine.

The program didn’t have very little talent it had little depth. Next year will be the same. We plot along and be medicore to slightly above and fight for a tournament berth for the 5th consecutive year.

You will come back at me and make it about my posting style the same 3-4 people who don’t like me will like your post. You will defend as strongly as I criticize on those issues and rinse, repeat, wash.

Your posting style is fine.

The things you say is what makes people go What?

But feel free to view the program as f’d up because Hop left and see it only through that vantage point. In fact, maybe there’s a board of Alabama football fans pissed because it’s head coach in waiting left for Georgia. Have fun.

You wanna come at me. Expect the intensity back.

Awesome. Fun!

Just say you were wrong. Admit it to yourself. You can do it. Will sit on my shinebox until then!

Awesome. Fun!

Just say you were wrong. Admit it to yourself. You can do it. Will sit on my shinebox until then!
Wrong about what?
Iger wanted Skipper to implement the guy who replaced him under him so Disney could have a succession plan?
Skipper said no.
You don’t think Iger pushed Skipper out? Connect the dots. Disney finished the deal with Fox for ESPN+ on December 15th and on December 18th Skipper said he had a substance abuse problem.
He didn’t take a leave he resigned.

Putting together from Miller’s article the drug rehab story was a cover to get rid of Skipper by Iger.

Skipper was removed because Iger wanted change. I read the story from James Miller which I said I did and didn’t claim the info as from me. I said the guy’s name.

But yeah I claim to be an insider sure.

On the issue of recruits more than just me have said it in that thread.