The blocking foul in the final :07 of regulation.. | Syracusefan.com

The blocking foul in the final :07 of regulation..

Was the most call of all-time. I feel comfortable in saying this since we won. But holy , talk about bailing out a player who dribbled into a train wreck.
Seriously, that was horrendous.

And then Starks gets fouled out in OT on a similar call and starts getting lippy.

We got Porter back with that great trap on the other side though to end the game.

Was the most call of all-time. I feel comfortable in saying this since we won. But holy , talk about bailing out a player who dribbled into a train wreck.

It was ...but FOCUS...we closed out the f******g Hoyas in the Big East. Your man-room clock will forever be right!

Sorry, that was a legit call.

It's just that the refs in the NCAA never call it.

But that was a foul as clear as day. It's just the refs decided to actually enforce some of the rules in that instance.

What was that phantom call in OT when everyone was just standing around?

I have officiated a number of sports (admittedly not basketball), and have always felt that the officials should not part of the game outcome. When the contest is on the line, the foul has to be blatant or you swallow your whistle.

I am so not going to miss BE officiating.

An Ed Corbett special.

But that was a foul as clear as day. It's just the refs decided to actually enforce some of the rules in that instance.
That's the problem. Sure it was legit in a normal game but that hadn't been called all night, and mostly all season, so how can you justify calling it now?

That's the problem. Sure it was legit in a normal game but that hadn't been called all night, and mostly all season, so how can you justify calling it now?

Oh, I agree with your sentiment. Choosing to be Super Ref at that moment is unfair, but that was a foul.

Just part of the issue with the crappy NCAA reffing.

Its not a legit call when players were sumo wrestling all day.

I have officiated a number of sports (admittedly not basketball), and have always felt that the officials should not part of the game outcome. When the contest is on the line, the foul has to be blatant or you swallow your whistle.

I am so not going to miss BE officiating.

By not makin calls, you are affectin outcome are you not?

Its not a legit call when players were sumo wrestling all day.

You know my point. It was a foul, by the letter of the law and the betterment of the game.

I agree that a la carte officiating at that moment isn't fair, but it IS a foul.

All most fans, players and coaches ask for is consistency. If that is foul, which it is, then they need to call it all the time. You can't let anything and everything go the entire game and then at the end decide to go exactly by the rule book.

By not makin calls, you are affectin outcome are you not?
There was contact tonight on every possession that could have been called a foul. With the game on the line, the foul has to be obvious or blatant and not questionable.

All most fans, players and coaches ask for is consistency. If that is foul, which it is, then they need to call it all the time. You can't let anything and everything go the entire game and then at the end decide to go exactly by the rule book.

I agree with you completely.

Agree he wasn't set but its not like he was driving to the basket he was driving into the corner and Cj was sliding with him bodying him minimumly not pushing into him like m2m defenses do to us every year uncalled.

Hes 6'8 its different with a 6'8 driver then a 6'3 one they get a step or two to the basket and its a automatic layup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom