The Carrier Dome is no More | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Carrier Dome is no More

Was the "Carrier" Dome one of the first facilities that had naming rights?

It will still be the Carrier Dome to me for a long time no longer the naming rights.

For example The Rogers Centre in Toronto is still the Skydome to me (and that changed over 15 years ago). And there are handful of others for me.

You'd think with a big announcement like this, they would have had a website tweak or story all ready to go at a mouse-click. Nothing, as of now. Not even a tweet on their account. :confused:

I mean, I get that terms haven't been announced yet, but they could have "Big news coming soon" or something.
1650048668018.gif

You'd think with a big announcement like this, they would have had a website tweak or story all ready to go at a mouse-click. Nothing, as of now. Not even a tweet on their account. :confused:
I think the real announcement is in a couple weeks. This was leaked.

I believe the JM in JMA built a $37 million dollar home on Skaneateles Lake.

NIL
Possible but most of their work is contracted through Verizon and such, not much room for local advertising. That's why most people around here haven't heard of them even though they're killing.

Good for the university and good for Carrier realizing their deal had been made in an earlier era and business environment. They got their $2.75 Mil out of the deal. TBH I'm not sure the last time I or any of the my family or friends called it anything but "the Dome." Still will. All of the branding etc. has almost made the current names of places less valuable, less known and less used.

For example...I'm a pretty big sports fan and have lived in Cincinnati for almost 35 years, I just tested myself as to the current name of "the Coliseum" or "Riverfront Coliseum" as it was originally known (wonder how much the river paid for that?). I guessed "USBank" as its been that for years, or I should say WAS that for years. It is now the "Heritage Bank Center." I've never heard of Heritage Bank and couldn't tell you where, or if, there is a location in Cincinnati. It has apparently been called this since 2019. I have been to concerts and hockey games there as well as numerous Reds games next door in those 3 years. Didn't know the name.

Also, the NKU basketball arena is about 2.5 miles from my house. Both my kid's high school graduation was there, I've been to concerts and basketball games there. It was originally "The Bank of Kentucky Center" or "The Bank." I vaguely remember it changing a few years ago to BB&T Arena, still called it "the Bank." OOPS! It is now "Truist Arena" as of 10 days ago. Apparently a corporate re-branding from BB&T is responsible this time. But just to make sure everyone stays confused there is this:
1650056424041.png

I'm already looking forward to "Jim Boeheim Court at JMA Wireless Stadium also referred to as 'The Dome!'"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom