the crane the crane | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

There is a lot of wind forecast for tomorrow so today might be it for substantial changes for this week.

Hoping to see the arrowhead started on the northeast corner completed. Hoping to see another arrowhead started on the northwest corner today. Come on gang; the time is a wasting!

the white crane is about to lift cylinders back onto the truck or into Walt's yard now at 2:53. They have the street temporarily blocked off. Now it's not looks like something is going onto the flatbed trailer. But first the white crane is now moving the rear counterweights out of the way to make room whatever. now the truck is out of the picture. Jest guessing what the next move is. It took 5 of the crew to make a decision as they went out to the truck then back to the yard. Now the truck is parked in a side yard across from the Dome where the large construction trailers used to be. Ahhh…. another truck with a top rail just pulled up parallel to the fence -they are going to off load another section of the top rail at SOME POINT. Three trucks two with red cabs and a white cab just pulled up with something on it.

Last edited:
I assume people realize they can go back like 12 hrs on the camera to see stuff.. that looks like the pieces that are in the foreground near the crane. must be some staged out back as well

245927BD-3ACC-4E2D-A191-EC7C1580F7BE.jpeg

I assume people realize they can go back like 12 hrs on the camera to see stuff.. that looks like the pieces that are in the foreground near the crane. must be some staged out back as well
Yes, there is a large storage area located just north of the Dome. Mostly between it and the Physics Building, I believe. It is all barricaded and not open to the public and full of brown steel and white steel for the crown truss.

I will try and take a picture of it the next time I walk through there.

Henry, I'll call the white crane, is still busy moving Walt's counter weights to the back of Walt I am assuming so they unload the new piece of top rail into Walt's yard off the trailer sitting outside the fence of the yard. Sure does take time to get this work accomplished.
The cab is uncoupled from the trailer and the lead "WIDE LOAD" truck is sitting across the street with its lights still flashing. Love trucks , cranes and new roof on the Dome. Oh, and roller coasters and trains. :)

Last edited:
Yea... they are beginning to ready the new piece of top rail off the trailer and into the yard

here comes the truck ...maybe it's going to get offloaded after all?

tomcat do you have an opinion? Might this piece be installed on the corner we can't see with the live cam?

somethings still going on - it's 4:52 the sun is going down all lights are on including Henry the white crane which I didn't know had lights and the police have blocked off one street.

Last edited:
…..well I left to feed the dog and now the police have left so I missed whatever that was but Henry's light's are still on and there's still a crew in Walt's yard so I think I'll have a beer and watch.

the gates to Walt's yard are open. I don't know whether anyone saw it earlier but Henry unloaded part of a truck off the trailer that was parked with the new rail piece. It has two axles with two tires on each wheel a total of eight and Henry's cables are attached to it. Must be a support of some kind or not?

the truck just backed in parallel to the sidewalk maybe they're going to load the axle back on?

yep... Henry lifted the double axle back onto the flat bed. A lot of crew to get this done. Everybody's hangin' around the back of the truck.

No - I didn't! That is much better use of my time. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom