the crane the crane | Page 276 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Crane 5 ala Sober Joe has been lowered and is laying prostrate. This can't be good.

Update: Sober Joe was worked on by the trainers and is getting up. Slowly. Maybe he is okay?

Last edited:
Crane 5 ala Sober Joe has been lowered and is laying prostate. This can't be good.

Update: Sober Joe was worked on by the trainers and is getting up. Slowly. Maybe he is okay?
Took a Miocic punch to the sternum

I wonder what is going to be used to fill in and seal off the seams between each section of insulation? There is probably a bunch of whatever it is lying close by or in storage.

Last edited:
Crane 5 ala Sober Joe has been lowered and is laying prostate. This can't be good.

The Jason Hart of cranes

I wonder what is going to be used to fill in and seal off the seams between each section of insulation? There is probably a bunch of whatever it is lying close by or in storage.
Flexseal.jpg

At the rate they’re going they better hope the basketball season gets pushed back to January. No steel again today and about two sections done. Not good!

This latest layer of white comes rolled up. It looks like they are doing something to the material as they put the rolls down adjacent to each other. Maybe heat welding them to each other?

This might be the TPO we have been talking about. Kind of surprised if they use it. I see a life expectancy of 22-30 years. Thought this roof was supposed to be good for at least 50 years.

This latest layer of white comes rolled up. It looks like they are doing something to the material as they put the rolls down adjacent to each other. Maybe heat welding them to each other?

This might be the TPO we have been talking about. Kind of surprised if they use it. I see a life expectancy of 22-30 years. Thought this roof was supposed to be good for at least 50 years.
TPO is a membrane.
I went back to the the Geiger site and reread the description of the Dome project. It says "Geiger’s roof design is a cable truss clad partially with tension membrane and rigid panels, covering the stadium’s 23,250 m² (250,000 ft²) area. The tension membrane is the PTFE.

Last edited:
Please excuse the error if this has been posted. Click on What is TPO roofing? 5th one down

Thermoplastic Polyolefin is a single-ply roofing membrane that is one of the fastest growing commercial roofing systems on the market. TPO roofing systems are made up of a single layer of synthetics and reinforcing scrim that can be used to cover flat roofs.

Image result for what is tpo roof

Please excuse the error if this has been posted. Click on What is TPO roofing? 5th one down

Thermoplastic Polyolefin is a single-ply roofing membrane that is one of the fastest growing commercial roofing systems on the market. TPO roofing systems are made up of a single layer of synthetics and reinforcing scrim that can be used to cover flat roofs.

View attachment 186281

View attachment 186283

View attachment 186282

View attachment 186284

I think the key word in that description is "flat" roof.

Pete Sala quoted 40 years...I might not care if it only gets 38 years though

Interesting looks like the seams are heat sealed as Legacy mentioned above.

Last edited:
Well, the new crane is up doing nothing.
We have to get the rest of the section completed. They are already working on two sections the West and North getting insulation down but in order to start a third the rest of the steel has to get installed.
No steel?

Pete Sala quoted 40 years...I might not care if it only gets 38 years though
It looked to me like the pieces of the white material might have been getting joined using a heat seal. But I agree, TPO does not make sense.

I think that the white material is just a temporary plastic covering designed to protect the insulation and keep it dry until the composite metal outer layer is installed.

Note that the seams between sections of the hard shell have been covered by it. Note that there is a lot of material that just hangs over the bottom edge and extends to the ring surrounding the dome. This looks like a quick temporary covering. I have a lot of confidence that the seams between sections are going to show when we see the finished product. This is not going to stay long term.

Interesting they suddenly decided to park the boxes of material right on the roof much closer to where its needed.
but I realized that the stuff they are rolling out is just over sized flex tape
That leaky roof will cost you THOUSANDS!