the crane the crane | Page 317 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I know this was being sarcastic, but I guarantee there are basketball specific lights above the court to ensure Jim doesn't have any harsh glare ;).
Don’t get me wrong I think the stadium looks great but if the center roof section had used what the Minnesota Vikings used, it would be an A+ improvement. It also would’ve been unique to college athletics and first class. It would’ve been amazing to see.

But you know, once a year Syracuse basketball plays Notre Dame on a Sunday afternoon and it wouldn’t be fair to Jim if the team shot 60% from the FT line because of all that sunlight.

Dwight.gif

Are they adding a covering for the steel? Right now it looks more ike a haphazard mistake. I hope so.

I think it looks fine and in no way haphazard
The non symmetrical lines bug the heck out of me. (I know. I know.) I keep thinking falling down chicken coop with a tarp...lol. A light, flat covering would help. It looks like they slapped it together with parts that weren't measured properly.. :-/

Just had a visit from one of my roofing reps that also deals in TPO. The Carrier Dome IS NOT TPO, it is PVC. There are similarities, but the big difference is that the liquid that goes into it when it is made so it is pliable, over time leaches out of it and leaves it as a hard surface. Heat welded seams.

So TPO is like a rubbery membrane that would not last as long without care. PVC comes rolled and pliable, but over time hardens as the liquid leaches out, leaving you a PVC surface.

Don’t get me wrong I think the stadium looks great but if the center roof section had used what the Minnesota Vikings used, it would be an A+ improvement. It also would’ve been unique to college athletics and first class. It would’ve been amazing to see.

But you know, once a year Syracuse basketball plays Notre Dame on a Sunday afternoon and it wouldn’t be fair to Jim if the team shot 60% from the FT line because of all that sunlight.
Wait you really think Jim Boeheim made the roof call? And there were not other factors? Really?

Wait you really think Jim Boeheim made the roof call? And there were not other factors? Really?
I absolutely think there were several factors, one of them was Jim Boeheim.

Just had a visit from one of my roofing reps that also deals in TPO. The Carrier Dome IS NOT TPO, it is PVC. There are similarities, but the big difference is that the liquid that goes into it when it is made so it is pliable, over time leaches out of it and leaves it as a hard surface. Heat welded seams.

So TPO is like a rubbery membrane that would not last as long without care. PVC comes rolled and pliable, but over time hardens as the liquid leaches out, leaving you a PVC surface.

Looks like a similar system of installation.

The non symmetrical lines bug the heck out of me. (I know. I know.) I keep thinking falling down chicken coop with a tarp...lol. A light, flat covering would help. It looks like they slapped it together with parts that weren't measured properly.. :-/
I see a symmetry in the contour of the structure...almost like an infinity symbol.

Both the men and women have some afternoon basketball games. Unlike your hot taking on a message board, John Wildhack and Pete Sala have to consider the needs of the entire athletic department when they make decisions.

I see a symmetry in the contour of the structure...almost like an infinity symbol.
I hope its just the angles the pics were taken, or perhaps its the nature of a concave roof, and perspective. At first glance, it looks like things were pre-measured wrong, and they put it up anyway. In no way do I see the elegance of an infinity symbol.

I hope its just the angles the pics were taken, or perhaps its the nature of a concave roof, and perspective. At first glance, it looks like things were pre-measured wrong, and they put it up anyway. In no way do I see the elegance of an infinity symbol.

there's no way the "measured wrong" and just went ahead with the project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom