the crane the crane | Page 356 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I think it’s a mistake to not light the sign up at night. I don’t mean uplighting. Actual signage lighting.
Agree. Missed opportunity to make sure the sign itself is actually illuminated. Especially since JMA is supposed to be on the cutting edge of technology.

Agree. Missed opportunity to make sure the sign itself is actually illuminated. Especially since JMA is supposed to be on the cutting edge of technology.
JMA is a wireless technology company and not a lighting company though. Plus maybe SU said no because it would takeaway from the look of the existing Dome lighting.

OT: Was driving home to MD from hockey tournament couple weeks ago and passed a Musco Lighting truck. Was gonna follow it to see where it was going but he was going to slow...

I think it’s a mistake to not light the sign up at night. I don’t mean uplighting. Actual signage lighting.
Did I miss that it won’t be lit up? Seems stupid but also very SU. I haven’t followed the thread.

JMA is a wireless technology company and not a lighting company though. Plus maybe SU said no because it would takeaway from the look of the existing Dome lighting.
So you're saying we should have working 5G or WiFi in the Dome?

seeing the JMA lit up during the game sat night it seemed it popped out pretty good on tv. as bright as the ring lights are it might not look as good with its own lighting

seeing the JMA lit up during the game sat night it seemed it popped out pretty good on tv. as bright as the ring lights are it might not look as good with its own lighting
Interesting. I didn’t see that. When we drove past around 9 it was impossible to see from Highway.

Was this lit JMA signage from uplighting or internal of the letters themselves? I imagine in either case, when there isn't events going on at the dome, they would have the option of just lighting up the JMA and not the ring, vice versa and/or simultaneously?

FqoS8VSXoAAapPA

You folks realize this is still a college campus and not a highway billboard, right?

Meh, if they put a huge corporate sign on the Crouse building, might have a little problem with that. This is a major sports stadium and this is what major sports stadiums look like.

Meh, if they put a huge corporate sign on the Crouse building, might have a little problem with that. This is a major sports stadium and this is what major sports stadiums look like.
Disagree but thats OK. This is famously touted as “on campus”. There are dorms, and classroom buildings all around it. It is obviously visible from the quad (and almost everywhere else). It represents the university in the same way that Crouse does.

Disagree but thats OK. This is famously touted as “on campus”. There are dorms, and classroom buildings all around it. It is obviously visible from the quad (and almost everywhere else). It represents the university in the same way that Crouse does.
When I walk the campus I see “Varsity” and “Chipotle”.

You folks realize this is still a college campus and not a highway billboard, right?

I’m not sure your point here, they are paying cuse a lot of money to have that name up there……..

And to me it’s a relief as the dome is finally, finally starting to look like a real P5 stadium.

Guess we need to take down all the sponsorships that are also in the dome too, right?

This is a weird flex man, not going to lie

I’m not sure your point here, they are paying cuse a lot of money to have that name up there……..

And to me it’s a relief as the dome is finally, finally starting to look like a real P5 stadium.

Guess we need to take down all the sponsorships that are also in the dome too, right?

This is a weird flex man, not going to lie
People are asking why it isn’t internally lit and visible from the highway 24/7. It’s a college campus with about 4 or more student housing facilities that would be negatively affected by that. I may be wrong but I honestly don’t know of another on-campus stadium that has an illuminated brand name on it. When it was Carrier, it was unlit bronze lettering on the side of the building

1678589156872.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom