the crane the crane | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

yup its all a game. euro from after lunch has syracuse in 10+. kuchera a little more aggressive..
weather.com has it more like 6-10. does it slide south or west is the question

1580931767566.png

1580931826205.png

kuchera has a high bias. maine isn't getting 40". lol

That said, the euro cannot be discounted. It's just one run. Need run-to-run consistency for some credibility. Even keeled forecasters who aren't looking to make headlines will usually wait for a multi-model consensus.

Updated the weekly forecast previous page to 3-6" Fri. which is what Accuweather is now forecasting. Must be right on the line - suppose it could be more - we're going to find out.

Last edited:
I am looking closely at 4:51 P.M. at the pieces of metal in Walt's yard the point of which is close to Walt's rear and I see someone welding two pieces together - that weld has to be the point of another back stay. The point of the triangle is behind the right tread and now there is a few crew so it's hard to see - but the base of the stay is laid out at the bottom. Now you can see the weld sparks. Nice to be able to see work from this cam as they finally are in Walt's yard. Yeah boy, finally. Don't know where this is going but it seems logical to be the next one on the west side if in fact it is a back stay and not something else

Last edited:
The spirals sitting between the fencing appear to be gone, Weather permitting, close gap on Northside tomorrow... maybe.

is there a girder waiting on the back side besides the 2 under Walt?
I believe so, per Bees photo yesterday in post #1952 (showing 2 girders, one of which went up).

The spirals sitting between the fencing appear to be gone, Weather permitting, close gap on Northside tomorrow... maybe.
Yup! Sometime today they got those three spirals out - must be they took them to the Northeast side.

I hope it lines up?

That's what hammers are for. Seriously, if the pieces are fabricated correctly and the engineers calculated everything right, the last piece will fit in. The crew may have the other parts tensioned high to keep a little extra space to move the last piece in and then ease the tension to bring it all together. Waiting for a few of the engineers, architects and builders to chime in.

That's what hammers are for. Seriously, if the pieces are fabricated correctly and the engineers calculated everything right, the last piece will fit in. The crew may have the other parts tensioned high to keep a little extra space to move the last piece in and then ease the tension to bring it all together. Waiting for a few of the engineers, architects and builders to chime in.
Chime time. No matter how good the plans, there's always something wrong. That's why they pay architects and engineers for "CA" or construction administration. On the fly problem solving. In fairness, the scale of the problem can affect the time it takes to solve or check for. Typical is 3-5 days on an RFI and 10-15 on a Submittal. This is not typical.

Chime time. No matter how good the plans, there's always something wrong. That's why they pay architects and engineers for "CA" or construction administration. On the fly problem solving. In fairness, the scale of the problem can affect the time it takes to solve or check for. Typical is 3-5 days on an RFI and 10-15 on a Submittal. This is not typical.
While they were building the Tottenham Hotspur stadium, there was a piece of steel that just wasn't fitting into the space they needed. They were removing it, welding different pieces, cutting down steel attachments, and finally they got the piece in. These things happen. In a perfect world they won't but nothing's ever perfect.

While they were building the Tottenham Hotspur stadium, there was a piece of steel that just wasn't fitting into the space they needed. They were removing it, welding different pieces, cutting down steel attachments, and finally they got the piece in. These things happen. In a perfect world they won't but nothing's ever perfect.
This is exactly why I was surprised they pre-painted the pieces. Perhaps they still factored that into the thinking and felt it was ultimately still a time savings, but I would hate to hear that the pre-finish does not correctly allow for patch painting.

gone be a nasty day to be working up there if the ice storm comes thru as predicted