the crane the crane | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Cradle? (to hold the last piece so they can weld in the two ends)
I don't think there is any welding done. I got some pictures of the ends of the box girders a while ago. There are tons of holes on both sides, which I assume are supposed to align. I believe the way they connect the girders is using bolts and nuts. Haven't seen any welding up there yet.

It looks like whatever that thing is, it is going to stay up there for a while.

It looks like it is wide enough to allow a box girder to be placed through it from the topt, and that doing so will guide the girder so it is properly aligned. So at this point, I agree with whoever thought it was an alignment aid.

Hopefully this means the next step is to put the girder in place.

well they removed the cable and left whatever it is in place.. guess we find out if it slides off later. maybe it stays in until the entire ring is done?

Hard to tell on the camera, but it looks like Skylar may be attached to girder... I'd assume it's too late in the day for a lift now.

Hard to tell on the camera, but it looks like Skylar may be attached to girder... I'd assume it's too late in the day for a lift now.
Tomorrow could be the Northern Connection Day.

Yowsa! We have connection - the final missing piece isn't missing. The boys are working late tonight. I assume they want to finish before bad weather which is: Updated weather 4.0 - 8.0 in - Snow expected from Wednesday, 7:00 PM until Friday, 1:00 PM EST. The high at 12 A.M. Fri. will be 22 the low at 9A.M. 7 then by 5 P.M. it creeps up to 11. Monday better - 38/24

CORNER TURNED!!!!!

1581550305791.png

Wow...thanks for the pics...

Amazing telescopic work buckets they have...

Last edited:
It looks great. Surprised, it looked like there was plenty of space to fit the girder in. Maybe too much space. I assume once they tighten all those bolts, it will fit perfectly. Sure hope so.

Maybe tomorrow, we will start seeing expansion of the north grouping to both the east and the west. It would be awesome to get close to the halfway mark by the end of this week.