the crane the crane | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

trying to picture gameday being on campus with this construction lol.

8CE429F2-2D81-4807-ADD2-310CEA7D3D8D.jpeg

Would be a great talking point on the broadcast that would publicize the renovations to the whole country.
My thought as well. Great PR for a fresh stadium and facilities upgrades in tis crazy arms race of college football.

moot point now
CD 09092019.jpg

It appears that they are building a ring using the white Korean missile-looking steel tubes that will reside inside the existing concrete perimeter ring of the Dome. You can see a few of them joined together in the corner of the Dome closest to the old law school (northwest corner). Will this base ring serve as the foundation for the upper crown truss that is coming down the road? They are definitely stockpiling them done near the base of the crane.

I see what appears to be plywood and some type of backer board going up in the southwest corner (the corner closest to the camera). Assume they will pour more concrete there soon. I am assuming the big metal piece in the middle of the southwest corner than looks like an anvil is going to be used to start connecting Korean missle-looking tubes on both sides. The part of the tube with the fins appears to fit right over the metal horizontal supports on that big metal piece.

Also, it looks like the second big crane is fully built and operating on the far corner, probably doing the same things Walt (don't call me Harold) is doing on this side.

Look live right now - korean missile tube being lifted.
Really moving it now! It looks like this one has female ends on both sides and another female end point up on both ends. Looks like the supporting rods for the crown truss will get attached to those.

Freshman don't get to choose their dorm anymore. My daughter is in Lawrinson, overlooking the site. She actually has an almost identical view as the camera. She's not thrilled because the work starts at 7:00 a.m.
And, having been up since 5:00 AM to start studying, it interrupts her.

Really moving it now! It looks like this one has female ends on both sides and another female end point up on both ends. Looks like the supporting rods for the crown truss will get attached to those.
More on the tension ring beam (I guess that is what it is called) and lots of good pictures.

And this article confirms part of what I was thinking. Pete says 7 of 36 of the pieces for the base tension ring are in place. OX also linked it under Campus Framework but I think it should be linked here too.

Last edited:
View attachment 169685

It appears that they are building a ring using the white Korean missile-looking steel tubes that will reside inside the existing concrete perimeter ring of the Dome. You can see a few of them joined together in the corner of the Dome closest to the old law school (northwest corner). Will this base ring serve as the foundation for the upper crown truss that is coming down the road? They are definitely stockpiling them done near the base of the crane.

I see what appears to be plywood and some type of backer board going up in the southwest corner (the corner closest to the camera). Assume they will pour more concrete there soon. I am assuming the big metal piece in the middle of the southwest corner than looks like an anvil is going to be used to start connecting Korean missle-looking tubes on both sides. The part of the tube with the fins appears to fit right over the metal horizontal supports on that big metal piece.

Also, it looks like the second big crane is fully built and operating on the far corner, probably doing the same things Walt (don't call me Harold) is doing on this side.
Yep it's fully built, in fact here it is:
View attachment 169685

Yep here is actually a picture from when they finished it from the crane operator himself:
image.jpeg

He will likely be at one of our tailgates soon hanging with our crew and As mentioned elsewhere he explained that this crane along with the monster one will synchronize putting up steel beams together in unison.

I have good pics from this morning showing multiple beams up and multiple beams ready for the crane to pick up. Unfortunately they are too large of files to post.

Looks like the crane is lifting another piece of steel now. And the cement truck with the pumper.

Looks like the crane is lifting another piece of steel now. And the cement truck with the pumper.

They've been moving this morning. I think they only had one beam on the west side of the building yesterday afternoon, now it looks like this is the last one to complete that side. Given how late the sun's coming up these days, that's an impressive few hours of work.

The west side ring will definitely be completed today. Amazing how fast they can put up the steel ring.

65FA57AC-C9C6-440B-8CED-7BD347C2ABEC.jpeg

pretty sure the answer is no but is the exterior construction going to have any impact in the experience inside the Dome this football season? I know getting in will be a little different, but my understanding is there is not going be any difference once inside correct?

That cam can be quite boring sometimes. Except for the birds and bugs that keep flying by.
Looks to me like mid morning break time. Bunch of guys sitting around the second cement truck.