the crane the crane | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

IMG_1195.jpg

Forgot that I took this picture of the two top rails just off Irving over the weekend. You can see all the fins on it for connecting wires to help hold up the roof. Pretty cool piece of steel. Amazing what the steel companies can do.

I think these top rails are going to lie just as they are now up top, with the big fins near the closest end serving as a place to attach the rails to supporting steel tubes, with all those fins with holes used to attach supporting wires on top.

Walt remains down. A little worried about him.

View attachment 173369
Forgot that I took this picture of the two top rails just off Irving over the weekend. You can see all the fins on it for connecting wires to help hold up the roof. Pretty cool piece of steel. Amazing what the steel companies can do.

I think these top rails are going to lie just as they are now up top, with the big fins near the closest end serving as a place to attach the rails to supporting steel tubes, with all those fins with holes used to attach supporting wires on top.

Walt remains down. A little worried about him.
Can we still red-shirt Walt?

A bunch of quitters on this board, as usual. Can’t give up on Walt just yet. Sure, he may be down now, doubled over in pain, possibly puking (Bees and his spiPhone can confirm). And it’s true, he generally isn‘t very mobile even on his best days - prefers to stay in the pocket. But he truly is a standup guy. A giant even. He has an incredible arm and nobody can throw a post, a corner fade or a deep (wrecking, if need be) ball like him.

The partial arrowhead located on the northeast corner of the dome is being put in place now.

Meanwhile, the little white crane has been moving white support beams from storage to the deployment area. Looks like some work is going happen soon on the northwest corner as well.

Dome 11262019.jpg

The partial arrowhead located on the northeast corner of the dome is being put in place now.

Meanwhile, the little white crane has been moving white support beams from storage to the deployment area. Looks like some work is going happen soon on the northwest corner as well.

View attachment 173377

Thanks for these updates!

I propose "Skyler" for the white crane. She's supported Walt the whole time.

1574784841324.png

View attachment 173377
maybe you should re- "think the work is going to happen soon." I wanted to see what the weather is and is going to be going forward as I too am anxious to see some progress especially through the "live cam".
First, I went to the "live cam" and you can see part of the street due to the weather today. If it's going to be cold - below freezing that camera will be of no use.
I wonder whose responsibility it is to go up and clear the ice and snow off it? And the weather this week is going to be cold enough to keep the lens frozen. It's not until Monday Dec. 9 that the temps begin to moderate and go above 32 degrees and the camera might clear. So, even if they begin work across from Walt we won't be able to see it. Bummer. Maybe we'll get lucky and the ice will fall off the lens in a gust of wind?!

maybe you should re- "think the work is going to happen soon." I wanted to see what the weather is and is going to be going forward as I too am anxious to see some progress especially through the "live cam".
First, I went to the "live cam" and you can see part of the street due to the weather today. If it's going to be cold - below freezing that camera will be of no use.
I wonder whose responsibility it is to go up and clear the ice and snow off it? And the weather this week is going to be cold enough to keep the lens frozen. It's not until Monday Dec. 9 that the temps begin to moderate and go above 32 degrees and the camera might clear. So, even if they begin work across from Walt we won't be able to see it. Bummer. Maybe we'll get lucky and the ice will fall off the lens in a gust of wind?!
Are you sure that the camera doesn't have an enclosure of some sort?

Some of them are heated and can also have heated and cooled enclosures depending on the climate.

Are you sure that the camera doesn't have an enclosure of some sort?

Some of them are heated and can also have heated and cooled enclosures depending on the climate.
Thanks for the info...but if it does have a heat element it isn't working today. The LIVE CAM is now resting on page 42 of the crane the carne thread - bring it up and click on the arrow and see the great view.

Thanks for the info...but if it does have a heat element it isn't working today. The LIVE CAM is now resting on page 42 of the crane the carne thread - bring it up and click on the arrow and see the great view.
I never looked, maybe SU should put a heated enclosure over it and charge it to the athletic department.

6EB9DEC5-0B98-4722-A907-EC8DA9F9A9A2.jpeg